Profile for JDP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JDP RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
PocketWizard 804-709 AC3 Zone Controller for Nikon
PocketWizard 804-709 AC3 Zone Controller for Nikon
Price: $79.00
12 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Unit!, March 21, 2013
I no longer have to walk to my strobes to change the output. Very handy when on location and you need to make adjustments.

Coolerguys 120mm USB Fan with Cabinet Mounting Bracket
Coolerguys 120mm USB Fan with Cabinet Mounting Bracket
Offered by Coolerguys
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fans, March 21, 2013
I bought 2 of these for my AV area. One pushes cool air into the area and the other pulls hot air out! Fans are quiet and I love the USB power. This way these fans only come on when my reciever is on and is not powered on all the time!

Tripp Lite U026-016 16ft 5M USB2.0 A/A Active Extension/Repeater Cable, 16 Feet
Tripp Lite U026-016 16ft 5M USB2.0 A/A Active Extension/Repeater Cable, 16 Feet
Price: Click here to see our price
91 used & new from $7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable!, March 21, 2013
Bought for projector calibration in my photography studio client proofing area. Works great with no issues. Solid little cable and it's long!

VideoSecu LCD/DLP Projector Ceiling Mount Bracket White Fits both flat or Vaulted ceiling PJ2W 1CA
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Mount, March 21, 2013
The adjustments can be a little tricky but once it's set up, it's a solid unit if you don't move it around. It's almost a 2 person install job. The manual was not that clear and I had to take it apart a few times to make adjustments.

StarTech.com 8-Inch LFH 59 Male to Dual Female DVI I DMS 59 Cable (DMSDVIDVI1)
StarTech.com 8-Inch LFH 59 Male to Dual Female DVI I DMS 59 Cable (DMSDVIDVI1)
Price: $17.99
66 used & new from $11.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return, March 21, 2013
My fault but I guss I should have looked harder. This is a LFH 59 to dual DVI. I didn't know what an LFH 59 was. I thought it was another name for DVI.

Tripp Lite P502-050 50ft SVGA / VGA Monitor Extension Cable with RGB Coax Gold HD15M / HD15M 50-Feet
Price: Click here to see our price
79 used & new from $22.89

5.0 out of 5 stars No Issues, March 21, 2013
I use this extension cable for my projector that is mounted on the ceiling in my photography client proofing area. Cable worked on the first try and I've had no issues.

Dell X2026 DVI-I Splitter Cable DVI-I Male (24+5) to DVI-D Dual link (24+1) Female + VGA (HD15) Female
Offered by B2COMP
Price: $25.00
8 used & new from $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good!, March 21, 2013
Works as it should but you can't have both DVI/VGA monitors linked at the same time for multi images. I ended up installing a 2ed video card and no longer need this splitter.

Epson Duet  80-Inch Dual Aspect Ratio Projection Screen, Portable 4:3 and 16:9 Aspect Ratio Screen (ELPSC80)
Epson Duet 80-Inch Dual Aspect Ratio Projection Screen, Portable 4:3 and 16:9 Aspect Ratio Screen (ELPSC80)
Price: $115.50
69 used & new from $101.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen, March 21, 2013
Great Screen. I like the fact that you can also wall mount it and comes with bracket. Works great for my photography when showing clients their images. There is some creasing in the middle from storage however it's not that bad and I can't even tell when the projector is on.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS with 1080p Full-HD Video Mode Digital SLR Camera (Body)
Price: $3,399.00
70 used & new from $1,500.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great camera but could it be recalled?, April 16, 2012
A friend of mine let me use his Mark III for the weekend for a studio shoot. I have used Canon gear years ago and think that they are a great company and makes great gear. I was considering getting the Mark III over the D800 but wanted the chance to use the camera before buying.

The body of the Mark III is well built however it did feel too much like plastic for my taste. The buttons were well placed and easy to use. Image quality was amazing and I was not disapointed!

One thing I will point out is that I did notice the LCD light leak problem! I have also heard that Canon is considering recalling this camera due to this huge issue. To me, spending $3500 on a camera and having this kind of issue that has to be sent back to Canon to fix is a problem! This is the reason for 2 stars. I don't think it would be so bad if it could be fixed by firmware update, however this is a hardware problem. Other than this, it's a great camera and I may still get one once Canon fixes their light leak problem. I just think it's something people should be aware of.
Comment Comments (24) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 8:25 PM PDT

Nikon D300S 12.3MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
Offered by DavisMAX
Price: $1,588.89
33 used & new from $570.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DX Format camera from Nikon, September 8, 2011
As a professional photographer, I use several cameras. The Nikon D300S is the Flagship of Nikon's DX Format. Great image Quality, and features! I use this along with the Nikon MB-D10 Battery Grip and it is amazing! Feels great in my hands and has a great burst rate.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2012 2:59 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2