Profile for JC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JC RSS Feed (Orlando, FL)

Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System
Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System
Price: $57.76
61 used & new from $52.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice for the price, October 9, 2012
Got these guys last week and I love them. Windows rattle when I'm playing Borderlands 2. A couple of albums sounded a little off initially, but I just adjusted the subwoofer and now they sound great. No, these are not high fidelity speakers. No, these are not going to wow a true audiophile. They will, however, rock your games, and any music you put through them. These were for my office/game room and they do their job perfectly. Seriously for $45-$50 these are terrific speakers. I'm debating now, though, if I shouldn't have gone for these guys Genius GX-Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 with Two Input Jacks for PC/TV/DVD/Game Devices instead. Ah, well. I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend these to anyone.

Edit: The blue LED on the volume box is freakin' BRIGHT!! Wowzer.

Tamiya Masking Tape - 6mm
Tamiya Masking Tape - 6mm
Offered by TAIYO CORPORATION
Price: $4.97
56 used & new from $1.74

1.0 out of 5 stars It may just be me ..., April 26, 2012
This review is from: Tamiya Masking Tape - 6mm (Toy)
I can't get this stuff to stick -unpainted plastic, primed plastic, painted plastic- for more than a few moments. Well, if I'm masking a straight line on a flat surface it works. Don't touch it once you have it where you want it, though. As for masking anything even remotely intricate, this stuff is useless. I've had no issues with generic masking tape, and I can get in some really tight areas with it. Not this stuff.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2013 8:08 AM PST

Master Airbrush Brand High Performance Multi-purpose Gravity Feed Dual-action Airbrush Kit with 6 Foot Hose and a Powerful 1/5hp Single Piston Quiet Air Compressor-The Complete Set Now Includes a (FREE) How to Airbrush Training Book to Get You Started
Offered by TCP Global Corp
Price: $79.96
3 used & new from $64.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little guy, March 13, 2012
K.. Sillies out of the way first. This compressor is just so darned cute!! Chubby little body. Stubby little feet. It's just so cuddly!!

Recently got back into Gundam kit building. Tried all the methods I'd tried in the past: spray cans and brushes. Not the most effective ways, but they always worked in the past. Bleh. I just wasn't happy with the results I was getting. Buddy of mine suggested I try airbrushing. No way. That stuff's too expensive. What If I don't stay with the hobby?? Turns out that a) it's not that expensive and b) it is quite fun.

I ordered this thing last week and it arrived yesterday. 7 days from order to my door. I opened up the box to find a plastic case with the airbrush inside it. My first airbrush. How cool looking this thing is, all shiny and stuff. After that is the air hose, followed by the pressure valve/water trap assembly. Took everything out and made sure nothing was broken. Everything is very well packaged. Oh, there's also a roll of Teflon tape included. Use it.

I had a little trouble getting the pressure valve/water trap assembly properly aligned, but with enough Teflon tape I was able to get it properly vertical. Works like a charm. Attach the air hose to the compressor, then to the airbrush. Turn the power on. Voila!! Wait. This thing purrs. Seriously. My dogs snore louder than this little guy. Being able to use this pretty much anywhere is just great.

Practiced a bit with plain water, just to get the feel of the brush. I find myself alternating between my index finger and my thumb on the trigger. Both feel comfortable. Don't know if I'll settle on one or the other, but I have the same control either way.

Finally, I put some paint through it. It works!! How cool!! It's going to take some practice to become proficient, but using the airbrush to paint is a cinch. You watch the color build as you lay on thin sheet after thin sheet of paint. After a couple of minutes of spraying, the piece looked really nice. No streaks, no bubbles, no over spray at all. And it took very little paint to do. This will of course vary depending on if/how you thin the paint, distance from the piece, etc.. That's where the practice and experimentation come in.

So, bottom line?? I very highly recommended this. If you are new to airbrushing and need a place to start, this kit is just what you've been looking for. The price is right, and it works. What else do I need??

Disposable Transfer Pipet, 5mL - 1 EA
Disposable Transfer Pipet, 5mL - 1 EA
Offered by Lake Charles Manufacturing
Price: $2.99
2 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars They are what they are, March 12, 2012
5ml is a lot more than I thought it would be. Size doesn't matter as they still do the job.

100 Brass Gold Tobacco Pipe Screens
100 Brass Gold Tobacco Pipe Screens
Offered by Exhale Inc
Price: $4.99
8 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They are what they are, March 12, 2012
You get a fat little bag full of pipe screens made of brass. I didn't bother to count them. There's a bunch in there. They work just fine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Comfy Flips, September 20, 2011
Can't believe I'm the first to review these. Since I moved to Florida I very rarely wear shoes, mostly in the Winter when it gets a wee bit chilly, or when I'm mowing the grass. I've gone through LOTS of flips over the years. Some were nice, most were just okay. Saw these guys while looking to replace my Crocs. I really liked the look, sorta rugged, but what sold me was the promised arch support. I bought a pair in the Spring of '10. Wow. Nice looking flips that were actually really comfortable!! I wore these guys every day, and I took them everywhere. Rain or shine, mud, sand, day and night. I just loved them. The sole had a nice grip on every surface I walked on, wet or dry. The weight took a little getting used to, but after a few days you won't notice it. They never got smelly, and they didn't stain my feet. Not that I'd use that as a consideration when buying flips. It's leather. It gets wet, it stains. Get over it. The frill and arch do lose their pretty whiteness after a while, but it just made these flips look better, I thought. Sadly, the outside strap on the left flip broke a couple of days ago. I'm taking them to a cobbler tomorrow to see if it can be fixed. If not, I'll be back here ordering another pair. Really, this is money well spent, and your feet will thank you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2011 12:49 PM PDT

Orchid Seed - Red Stone statuette PVC 1/7 Lancer 16 cm
Orchid Seed - Red Stone statuette PVC 1/7 Lancer 16 cm
Offered by shop1sei.japan
Price: $148.54
40 used & new from $148.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Stone Lancer 1/7 Scale Figure, April 9, 2010
There seem to be hundreds of MMORPGs out on the market, and our friends in Korea seem to have some of the better ones. This figure is based on a character class in the game Red Stone. But all that is really irrelevant, because the figure would work just fine if it had been based on some guy's art.

I like everything about this figure. Her shape, her pose, the colors of her clothes, her face. It all works very well. The lance head is a little on the big side, being a trident rather than a lance in its traditional sense, but that's fine, too. There is a terrific amount of detail on her armor, the folds of her cape and skirt. One of my biggest pet peeves about PVC figures is the hair. It's always two pieces pushed together, and this usually leads to pretty ugly seams. Not here!!

Her cape is removable, and she looks pretty cool without it, too. And her skirt is also castoff, so you can have pose in her undies. She wears a blue gem attached to her armor that hangs just above her breasts. Nothing big there, except the gem is not part of the mold, but rather an added bit that actually moves around like a really gem would. Pretty cool addition. She is so well proportioned, too, that her 1/7 scale is pretty nice. Of course, she would look even better at 1/6, but I'm not complaining.

Would I recommend this figure?? You betcha. She was released back in Oct/09, so she's now a little hard to find, and quite pricey. Is she worth $100?? Probably not, but it really depends on you.