Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for K.L. > Reviews

Browse

K.L.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K.L. RSS Feed

Cables To Go Velocity Series 40315 HDMI Cable (Blue, 2 meters) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $8.69
4 used & new from $6.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not provide a tight connection!, July 22, 2008
I used these cables for more than a couple of months, and they seemed to work well. I've read that a digital signal either gets there, or it does not. I purchased 3 of these "cables to go."

Well, every once in a while, I would have the video blink out and then quickly blink back on in a DVD movie. I was not able to reproduce the error, as it was completely random, and never in the same place of the movie. Normally, it was once per movie or every other movie. I thought maybe it was my player malfunctioning.

With component and composite cables, I would check to make sure they were tight, so why not with HDMI. I just ever so slightly wiggled the HDMI connection right where it attached to my Sony HDTV.

What do you know, the video blinked out and quickly back on from the slight wiggling, just like I experienced in the movies. Ok I thought, maybe it was my HDMI port on my Sony?

So, I tried the wiggle test on another port, AND on ANOTHER HDTV, and using ALL 3 of these cables I purchased on both my Sony and my Panasonic HDTV's. Guess what? The video blinked off and on again with the wiggle test, no matter where it was connected. An extremely loose connection to be sure. It wasn't just 1 of these cables, but all 3 I had.

I replaced all my "cables to go" cables with a different brand, and they all withstand the "wiggle test." Approximately 1 month and 12 or so movies later, no more random video drop outs.

Conclusion:

Even on 2 different HDTV's and different HDMI ports, these 3 different "cables to go" cables had an extremely loose connection.

Apparently an HDMI signal that doesn't fit tightly can lose connection and cause dropouts.

Don't buy these "cables to go." The actual cable might be fine, but the HDMI male connectors are not so good.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2011 4:01 AM PST

Friday The 13th - The Series: Season 1
Friday The 13th - The Series: Season 1
DVD ~ John D. LeMay
29 used & new from $12.15

5.0 out of 5 stars My All-Time Favorite Show, July 20, 2008
Thanks to the studio and everyone else who had a hand in releasing this show. I enjoyed it so much in the late 1980's, that I named my first son after the "Ryan" character. He's 19 now.