Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Paul Gonchar > Reviews

Browse

Paul Gonchar's Profile

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Gonchar RSS Feed (Cupertino, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Home
Home
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 9, 2016
This review is from: Home (Amazon Video)
Still one of my favorites. Hard to believe but my kids watched it more times than Frozen.

FORLIFE NewLeaf Glass Tea 16-Ounce Mug with Infuser and Lid, White
FORLIFE NewLeaf Glass Tea 16-Ounce Mug with Infuser and Lid, White
Price: $24.10
3 used & new from $24.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, light and very practical - exactly what I was looking for, January 1, 2016
What a fantastic cup! Very light, modern and handy. The shapes of both the cup and the handle are perfect!

I have two enhancement requests though (but they don't affect the overall rating - I like the cup that much)

1. I would like to be able to use the cap as a pad sometimes. Its rubber lining would make it perfect to be put on wooden tables but the cup does not seem to be stable enough on it.

2. The cap handle should be a quarter inch longer - it is easy to burn your fingers if you grab it close to the middle. You need to learn to hold it close to its edge.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the HDMI switching job well but some design decisions are hard to live with, December 9, 2015
The first unit I received had a bad power supply. But that is okay, stuff happens. Amazon was very kind to send a free replacement (thanks!).

Now that I lived with the unit for 2 days I am thinking of returning it. It is probably just me but here is the list of the things I don't like about it. Nothing major but combined together just makes the experience sort of sad:

1. The remote control receiver dongle. I would really want it to be embedded into the unit so I can put it on the shelf but okay, I don't mind the wire. But why does it have to come from the front of the unit?? This turns the unit into a box with wires sticking from both front and rear panels which is not cool at all

2. LED's on the front panel seem to be able to burn your retina. They are so bright that I don't need to turn the lights on in my living room to have a glass of water during the night! If this thing is on the shelf under your TV then it will definitely distract you from the movie you are watching. Well, I guess you could put a strip of duct tape on it to cover the LED's...

3. I realized that this unit probably wasn't meant to be on a shelf and I need to tape it to the back of my TV. But now I have this spidery thing which HDMI cables are easy to come out of and it is just not worth the effort. And besides, you still need to tape the IR receiver somehow so it does not look ugly and it is visible to the remote at the same time.

Overall, it is too much trouble for me to live with. But if you don't mind the above - it is a nice unit :)

P.S. Another thought has crossed my mind. I was holding the slick voice enabled remote from my Amazon Fire Stick which I got for $50 and it is really a few levels above the feel and value of the unit and its remote I got for >$50. It really feels like money not well spent. Of course, Panlong is not Amazon but $50 is $50 for the consumer.

Artificial Intelligence Through Prolog
Artificial Intelligence Through Prolog
by Neil C. Rowe
28 used & new from $0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars If you must have just one book about Prolog - this is it, October 2, 2015
Just the right amount of relevant information you need to have in order to start using Prolog or to understand if you need to be using Prolog. I really like the examples of real world applications of Prolog programs. Don't be mislead though - this is a book about Prolog, not artificial intelligence. The AI examples will give you a sense of AI techniques you can use Prolog for but there is a long way from there.

Perky-Pet 238 Hummingbird Nectar, 32-Ounce Concentrate
Perky-Pet 238 Hummingbird Nectar, 32-Ounce Concentrate
Price: $7.31
34 used & new from $1.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 2, 2015
Hummingbirds love it! Not much more to say :)

Artificial Dreams: The Quest for Non-Biological Intelligence
Artificial Dreams: The Quest for Non-Biological Intelligence
Price: $22.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't get scared away by the title....what an awesome read!, October 2, 2015
I must say I was sort of skeptical about how useful this book will be for me. I decided to give it a shot and I was totally blown away. This is a very detailed analysis of hard and painful attempts of good engineers and scientists to understand and implement AI concepts. If you are having this new brilliant idea of an AI system implementation "nobody has thought of yet" - read this book. You will probably find out that someone has already spent a decade working on it. And the best thing about this book is that it is not discouraging as the title may suggest. It is actually quite the opposite - it gives you compilation of all the hard work in the area of AI so you can move forward without getting into traps the ones before you fell into. IMO this book is worth so much more than it costs!

Casio Watch MW-59-7BVDF
Casio Watch MW-59-7BVDF
Offered by AreaTrend
Price: $15.45
4 used & new from $14.69

5.0 out of 5 stars If you just need a watch - this is it!, April 8, 2015
This review is from: Casio Watch MW-59-7BVDF (Watch)
Probably the best watch out there. I've had many watches from $70 to $600 and I choose to wear this one. Try to beat the pros:
- very light
- very thin
- perfect dial size - it is hard to find these days
- provides date
- silent (compared to a similar Swatch "Once/Twice again" which is extremely loud - no kidding)
- plastic band and latch don't scratch my desk or laptop
- cheap - no problem with replacing if you damage it. Though mine has been with me for quite a while and still works perfectly! (replaced the battery once)
- three hands - not a ridiculous 6 hand watch with stop watch or nonsense like that
- white dial with black hands. Pure, simple and very easy to read from any angle

As for cons, I can think of these:
- doesn't glow in the dark. But honestly, I can't really see time on a glowing watch at night anyways. And I always have my iPhone with me.
- the description says "mineral glass" but as far as I can tell it is not glass. It is plastic. Mineral glass would have been awesome but again, the watch wouldn't be as light.

Of course, it is not one of those designer watches which are not only time pieces but also pieces of jewelry. But when I wear it I don't have to worry that I'm gonna scratch it (just hit my $250 watch against a brick wall a few days go - it hurts!) or that I should have spent the money on something else :)

Frontier Chamomile Flowers, German Whole Certified Organic, 16 Ounce Bag
Frontier Chamomile Flowers, German Whole Certified Organic, 16 Ounce Bag
Price: $13.89
36 used & new from $13.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Having it two times every day!, March 16, 2015
The most tasty chamomile I have ever had in my life! It really smells like honey!

Athalon Dual Entry Ski Boot Bag (Grass Green)
Athalon Dual Entry Ski Boot Bag (Grass Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, March 16, 2015
Not much to say - just an awesome ski boot bag. I keep my Salomon boots in it and also helmet, goggles and gloves in the separate compartment. It is light and convenient to carry too. No reason to ask for more.

Scout 7 Inch Android Tablet - White
Scout 7 Inch Android Tablet - White

3.0 out of 5 stars I am wondering how old it is!, March 16, 2015
I guess I can't complain much about features because this is a real actual working Android device for not much money. Everything is pretty basic about it, including somewhat blurry screen but that was expected - you get what you pay for. The included screen protector was a nice touch.
My complain is about the battery - I think my device spent much time somewhere in a warehouse so the battery is so old it won't hold charge for long. It is barely enough for 6 hours after full charge without doing anything on it - it just sat on my desk and died. So I am not sure if this is a problem with the product or just the fact that it is probably very old. In any case, I would not recommend buying it. I saw similarly priced options with later Android (4.4 KitKat) which are probably much more fresh than this device.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3