Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 623

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Southern CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR Series iPhone 6/6s Case - Retail Packaging - ROASTED CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROASTED TAN)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the feel of it in my hand., February 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Symmetry line by OtterBox is not nearly as bulky as their others. I have an iPhone 6 in gold and like that the back is clear so you can see the beauty of the phone. When I first saw this I wasn't very impressed as the color I got was supposed to be a "roasted something-or-other" but actually is just a boring beige (tan). Very blah. I would prefer a glitzy border or even just black with the clear, but no matter, as this is my every-day case. It has a nice hard but rubbery bumper guard that is not bulky, and it slips off easily. For special occasions I change it out to a glitzier case, but this works well for every day.

What I do like about this case is the "feel"of it in my hand. The iPhone 6 is very smooth and slippery without any case on it. I do have the miracle glass on the front, and it was well worth the money as it doesn't show any wear or scratches at all for over a year now. I don't usually drop my phones, so it hasn't been put to a good test, but I do feel protected with this case on and I can grip it well. The openings for all ports are great, and the power and volume buttons on the side are easy to use and to see. Personally I think OtterBox cases are overpriced. You can find similar cases for less, but if you don't mind the price, you are getting a quality product and the protection that you need.

From Here To Home (A Too Much, Texas Novel)
From Here To Home (A Too Much, Texas Novel)
by Marie Bostwick
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sit a spell and enjoy your visit in "Too Much, Texas", February 2, 2016
3.5 stars for this one.
Mary Dell Templeton is the main character in this novel. She is an amazingly strong woman, mother and colorful character with a heart of gold. If you've been reading author Bostwick's quilting novels you've met Mary Dell, (the one from Texas) in some of those novels. She now has a TV quilting show out of the Dallas area, but hales from Too Much, TX. She and her son Howard have been successful partners in this venture, but now some drastic changes are about to take place and the show's future is in jeopardy.

“When your dreams turn to dust, well, maybe it's time to vacuum” as Mary Dell's grandma used to say. Almost 30 years ago, Mary Dell gave birth to Howard, a Downs Syndrome baby. Her husband walked out on her shortly afterwards. She's never forgiven him, but put on her big girl pants and went on with her life raising Howard alone, teaching him about quilting and color. We get to meet Howard's father, Donny, in this novel, which brings us to present day. Howard has grown up, has a girlfriend, and wants to live on his own, go to college and design school for fabric. A medical problem puts a hiccup in Howard's plans, and well, you'll just have to read it to see how it all turns out. It will pull at your heart strings and bring you joy as you get to know and root for Howard. There are sub plot-lines as well revolving around other members of Mary Dell's family that you will happily get involved with. All the characters draw you in and you will be happy to have spent some time in Too Much, Texas.

The novel flashes back to some of what has gone on in their lives in the past, so it can be read as a stand alone if you have not read the prequel novel. It's a rather light, fast read that will no doubt satisfy her fans and garner her new ones. Recommended for anyone, especially quilters, mothers, and horse-lovers. To be released next month, March, 2016. Thanks to Amazon for the opportunity to review a pre-release copy. In fact, Amazon is who recommended me to Marie Bostwick years ago with her first novel, and I have read every one since.

GenTeal PM Lubricant Eye Ointment for Night-Time and Severe Dry Eye 3.5 Gm
GenTeal PM Lubricant Eye Ointment for Night-Time and Severe Dry Eye 3.5 Gm
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $11.37
11 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that works for me, January 26, 2016
Recommended by my opthamologist. My eyelids do not close all the way when I'm sleeping, creating a drying out problem that makes me tear all day long. I put these on last minute, just before sleep (after reading). It is the consistency of a topical antibiotic, like Neosporin, but lighter. Just a small squeeze into each lower lid and a few blinks does it. Then I use a sleep mask, and I'm ready to sleep. During the day I usually don't need anything else, unless allergies really have a hold of me, then I use an OTC eye drop like Systane, but only rarely. To me it is not pricey, since one tube lasts me about 3 months, using it every night. Better this than plastic surgery on those eyelids.

Night Lights, AVANTEK LED Wireless Motion Activated Sensing Wardrobe Light Closet Cabinet Wall Light with Magnetic Strip (Battery Powered)
Offered by Avantek
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for smaller cabinets, January 25, 2016
This is smaller than others we've been buying. Perfect for under sink cabinets in bath or kitchen. I would recommend a larger one with more lights for clothing closets or pantries. You should know that this does not have an option for manually shutting off and on. There is no switch for that but it is motion activated. When the cabinet door is opened it goes on. When the door is closed it takes a few seconds for the light to go out. So far (just a couple of weeks) we are happy with this product.

Deadly Messengers: A Psychological Thriller
Deadly Messengers: A Psychological Thriller
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting to discover the talented Ms.May., January 24, 2016
Three massacres in close proximity to one another in a community where violence is not common. The perpetrators seemingly "normal" law-abiding citizens with no history of violence or crime. What is it that drove them to such drastic, fatal and violent measures? Kendall is a free-lance writer of women's fluff articles, when she finds herself wanting to know the answers to what everyone is asking after these massacres ... What turns an ordinary person into a killer, is there more going on here, and what is it? She takes on an opportunity to investigate further, and perhaps, it's not just about paying the bills this time, but truly because it's important to know and because violence has touched her own personal life, she feels compelled to help those left in its wake.

This will have you riveted to the pages. Actually, it is not blood-and-guts gory, even though the crimes are heinous, but more a psychological drama as described. It is well written, thought-provoking and will give you pause as to some of the habits we have fallen into with social media. Keep an eye on this author. Ms. May is definitely one to watch in the future. Register at her site and read some of the short stories she provides and you will see that she is quite gifted, versatile, and has a remarkable way with the written word. I'm impressed and think you will be too.

Twelve Days of Fruitcake
Twelve Days of Fruitcake
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute short story for the holidays, January 24, 2016
3.5 stars for this cute Christmas story about a fruitcake that no one seems to want, but find an opportunity to pass on to someone else, getting them out of a gift-bind. I found it entertaining. I love fruitcake, but most people don't welcome it any more. It seems nice to see other people benefit from the gift. Just a short story but I enjoyed the read.

Barbie Birthday Wishes 2016 Barbie Doll
Barbie Birthday Wishes 2016 Barbie Doll
Price: $29.99
9 used & new from $26.09

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome birthday gift for our blondie-girl, January 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who wouldn't be delighted? My niece (and her siblings) were thrilled to open Birthday Barbie! For collectors, or for real birthday gifts this year, anyone would be happy with the quality of this feminine Barbie who is pretty in pink. The dress is really lovely, just a little bit of glitter underneath the tulle skirt. She also has a matching headband holding back her silky curled hair. The fact that it is a birthday edition makes this a no-brainer choice for a birthday gift for any child who likes feminine things. The box even comes with a pre-printed gift tag saying "To: and From:"

Coaster Storage Entry Way Console Table/Hall Table, Brown Finish
Coaster Storage Entry Way Console Table/Hall Table, Brown Finish
Price: $168.99
10 used & new from $168.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Darker in color than anticipated., January 20, 2016
The style and size is exactly what I wanted. If the color had been closer to the photo provided by the seller I would be a happy customer. I won't return it but I also can't use it where I intended to. The lighting is not sufficient there and it looks even darker than this photo which was taken with a flash. Quality is good enough and product arrived undamaged.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Jerky, Original, 2.85 Ounce
Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Jerky, Original, 2.85 Ounce
Price: $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Chewy, not dry, good flavor., January 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not usually a "jerky" fan - but my teen boys are. They rated it a strong 3.5, but had me taste it. I thought it was the best I'd ever tasted, so I gave it the additional half star for that reason. I don't like dry, hard-to-chew, leathery jerky, which most jerky is. This was more moist, had a good flavor to it. I thought it was teriyaki I was tasting, but I received the "original" version flavor to try.

The boys thought it was a bit too sweet, not peppery enough, yet it disappeared in under a minute, albeit it was a very small package. They personally would not pay the list price for it they said, but then again when it's their money, they are more cautious.

[Upgraded Capacity] RAVPower Portable Charger 6700mAh External Battery Pack (2.4A Output, 2A Input, iSmart Technology)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate but disappointing, January 16, 2016
This portable charger is heavier than most. It does come with a little pouch for storing in one's purse, but I cannot store the cable (cord) in with it. There isn't enough room for both. I personally will not carry it in my purse. I am forced to use the cable connector that came with my iPhone, which is 3 ft long. A short iPhone compatible cord/cable is NOT provided. So when I asked the question about how long the cord was that came with it, it was a moot point for me, as the cable that is provided with it only works on android phones. I have a slew of them around already. I didn't want to be taking my cable with me from home to car, to purse, so I am disappointed that it didn't come with a cable that I can use and leave in my purse. Perhaps the lipstick size charger would have worked better for me than this larger, heavier one.

Also, this is a higher power charger. I expected a super speedy charge, but found it wasn't much faster than the RAVpower 3300's that I bought for my teens over the holidays. Connecting the iPhone to the wall charger is still the fastest way to charge the iPhone 6.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2016 7:36 PM PST