Profile for Mr. Raphael Hukai > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Raphael Hukai RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SYBA IO Crest Portable VGA to HDMI Converter with Audio Support (SY-ADA31025)
SYBA IO Crest Portable VGA to HDMI Converter with Audio Support (SY-ADA31025)
Price: $24.99
58 used & new from $18.25

3.0 out of 5 stars no full screen, July 11, 2014
It does work but is not full screen

Samsonite Golf Hard-Sided Travel Cover Case, Titanium
Samsonite Golf Hard-Sided Travel Cover Case, Titanium

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy, but may be too big for your car., July 11, 2014
It fit the full set with rooms fur extra stuff, shoes, etc. Just be aware that it may not fit into typical trunk of a car. You will need to put down the 2nd row of seat at least. It pass the first travel test with connections. Wheels are smooth and easy to push around. The lock included is not working but it looks useless regardless. Get a TSA lock for yourself.

Grassroots Par Three Putting Green (3x9 Feet)
Grassroots Par Three Putting Green (3x9 Feet)
Price: $32.45
20 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars woth the money, July 11, 2014
very practical and easy to carry/transport.

SABRENT VGA to HDMI Converter/Scaler (DA-PVHC)
SABRENT VGA to HDMI Converter/Scaler (DA-PVHC)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... HDMI converters on the market suffered all kinds of bad reviews, so I bought several and hoping some ..., July 11, 2014
The VGA to HDMI converters on the market suffered all kinds of bad reviews, so I bought several and hoping some will come out. This one is the winner. The PC content display perfectly on full screen of the Sony 61" TV. Nothing strange about. While other converters I got work but won't display as full screen. Hope it will last.

I recommend this one.

Laying a Foundation: A Beginner's Guide to Golf
Laying a Foundation: A Beginner's Guide to Golf
by Garrett Dennert
2 used & new from $7.30

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, July 3, 2014
There is no graphics at all except the book cover. A very low cost production, making it especially difficult for beginners.

Learn Golf in a Weekend (Learn in a Weekend Series)
Learn Golf in a Weekend (Learn in a Weekend Series)
by Peter Ballingall
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative with beautiful graphics, July 3, 2014
I am a real beginner and bought 3 books to start. This book is by far the best. It goes right to the content, with adequate info and great graphics. The other two are either wordy with lots of "history" or personal stories, or lack of graphical explanation, forcing you to imagine.
Of course, this is a book for beginners only, and you should not expect any advanced topics.

Fujinon XF 55-200mm f:3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Zoom Lens
Fujinon XF 55-200mm f:3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Zoom Lens
Price: $699.00
32 used & new from $451.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Great optics, but size is more for traditional DSLR, September 21, 2013
I am extremely happy with the quality of this lens. It is definitely a match to(if not better than) the Canon 70-200/4L IS, which was one of my favorite lenses. The sharpness is great at all stop, all focal length, and bokeh is great even at 55mm, which is usual. Focus is reasonably fast, not much slower than the 18-55. Great build quality as you expect. I can't compare with other lenses that I don't have.

I think Fuji put extreme effort to make sure the IQ of every XF lens is top of the class, and didn't care much about the size/weight this time. As a result, this lens is about the size/weight of a typical 70-300 lens for DSLRs, and I think it is even heavier. People go for Fuji for portability, and this lens can bring you back to the old days. I gave 4-star ONLY for this reason.

I am looking forward to the 10-24 to complete my whole set. I hope the IQ stay top class, but looking at the pictures, I think that lens won't be compact/light neither.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 3:05 AM PST

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $179.00
13 used & new from $166.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive but not yet perfect, September 11, 2013
I have 2 Bose noise canceling headsets and familiar with Bose sound reproduction style. I got this one from the airport demo booth after tried my own music from iPhone. Here is my initial thought:

Sound quality - meets what you expect from Bose. When the unit play loud, the quality is excellent, tuning down to personal use level, it is good, but lose some richness of bass. But it seems where you put it matters. I did notice the bass is very good when I play in very low volume as background music. I compared it with the larger SoundLink Bluetooth speaker, I feel the mini version has better sound quality, especially bass. I guess the small but rigid box helps. Overall, it produce a balanced, rich music, good for classical, light rock music that I like.

Operation - probably is another selling point. It doesn't require physical connection and bluetooth works just fine. Setting it up with iPhone doesn't take any effort, and controls are simple and intuitive. You can use iPhone to control most of the functions. Battery life is impressive so far. After my first full charge, the unit goes on its own power for about 9 hours now, the red power light is blinking, but it still goes. One reason it goes longer may be because I play it with very low volume most of the time. The little charge base is a nice stand and good to use at home, not much helpful when traveling.

Others - If you travel, you may need the travel cast, which goes for $45, and the other optional piece, a rubber wrapper, costs $25!!! ... all on top of the heavy price tag of $200. Like other Bose product, you pay a lot for "a little better" of something. But since people buy it, they must did something right.

Additional comment after extensive usage: for music with strong bass, like "notre dame de paris", the speaker doesn't do well at all. The bass sounds very unnatural. So, definitely not 5-star.

Michel Thomas Method: Speak Japanese
Michel Thomas Method: Speak Japanese
by Niamh Kelly
Edition: Audio CD
15 used & new from $22.98

2.0 out of 5 stars an easy start for beginers BUT very inefficient, July 23, 2013
I just started it and feel this program a easy starter. It solely focus on conversation, not read/write. I just listen it on the airplane or taxi, and can pickup basic sentences this way. I used to rate it 4-star, but I changed my mind quickly:

If you are a visual person, and prefer some material to read and help remember things, this won't help. The major problem of this program is extremely inefficient. For 8 CDs, it covers about 1-2 CD worth of material. I have a "Teach yourself, One day French" CD, for ONE CD, you learn all the necessary word for a traveler. But this material seems created for the legacy LP or tape recorder, where you can't replay easily. It repeat everything so many times (of course, that makes the program "Easy"). They also spend long time to explain useless topics like why "Japan" means "Raising Sun", or why people play Golf, but in the end, I didn't even get the basic thing I need like, finding a restroom, ask the taxi driver to turn right, even the basic greetings, etc.

I think this is an EASY program for everyone, but far from the 5-star rating one deserved. If you have limited time and want to pick up basic language to survive in a new place, don't waste time on this one.

Transparent Hot Water Bottle Premium
Transparent Hot Water Bottle Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep warm for very long, and won't burn your skin !, February 12, 2012
I got it for my wife, and now I want one for myself. It keeps warm for very long time, but won't burn you. It doesn't smell. Exceed all my expectations!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4