Profile for SteveRRRR > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SteveRRRR RSS Feed (Castle Rock, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Timex Intelligent Perpetual Calendar Black Dial Stainless Steel Mens Watch T2N505
Offered by Watch Cove
Price: $66.70
7 used & new from $58.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Great Features, February 8, 2015
Excellent value for the price. More "Cool" than "beautiful". I'm a huge fan of perpetual calendar watches and have a few of them. This one is unique in that it has the day of the month around the perimeter of the dial with a dedicated hand pointing to it. I love this feature but have only seen it on watches that I can't afford (Tissot T063.637.16.057.00 Black Dial is a good example, for those of you with a bigger budget or higher Wife Acceptance Factor).

As some reviewers have mentioned, this is a fairly thick watch at 13mm or almost 1/2 an inch, but it's not overwhelmingly thick or heavy. Just be aware of what you are buying. Easy to read, nice looking, easy to remove links in the bracelet for sizing, and Indiglo is easier to read than glowing hands.

Nobody's going to mistake this for a Patek Phillippe, but it's certainly packed with features for the price and will go into heavy rotation in my "everyday" watch collection.

TiVo Slide Pro Remote for Roamio DVRs
TiVo Slide Pro Remote for Roamio DVRs
Offered by FireBall
Price: $41.49
47 used & new from $37.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Remote, January 31, 2015
This is the perfect remote for my TiVo Roamio. It's RF capability means no more awkward poses trying to get line of sight from the dining room. The full keyboard is much faster than going letter by letter on a grid, and the learning function means one remote to rule them all - The one that came with the TiVo did not have a code for my five year old Samsung soundbar so that I could control volume and mute. This one worked fine! Overall, love it, and love my new TiVo!

Corner Type Cat Tree, Cat Condo Furniture QQ80072
Corner Type Cat Tree, Cat Condo Furniture QQ80072
Offered by Store and Organize
Price: $142.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Approved, December 25, 2014
Our three boys love it already. They were very helpful in putting it together, testing each piece and even the hardware before I could even touch them. Seriously though, they were all over this immediately as I took the parts out of the box. STRONGLY suggest doing the assembly in reverse order from what the manufacturer says in the instructions. Works much better if you start with the base and work your way up. By the way our cats range from 12 to 16 pounds. They all hang out in the little kitty caves and have been laying around on all the platforms. Only part that seems kind of useless is the teeny little hanging tunnel. Seems very sturdy if you tighten everything well. Fleece is soft and the sisal is rough. Makes sense.

CafePress Star Trek Cloaking Device Sticker Bum Sticker Bumper - Standard White
CafePress Star Trek Cloaking Device Sticker Bum Sticker Bumper - Standard White

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Description., September 16, 2014
Oddly no mention of the fact the the damaged cloaking device is having a disturbing effect on the visible color spectrum, since the standard white version appears to be black and green as well as white. This effect has been previously noted in a paper published by Klingon engineer Gorp on star Date 2247.8

Isle of the Dead, Eye of Cat
Isle of the Dead, Eye of Cat
Price: $8.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to finally see some Zelazny making it to Kindle, August 29, 2014
Great to finally see some Zelazny making it to Kindle. From what I've read his estate was so chaotic that it took this long to sort out the rights. Eye of Cat was never my favorite, but Isle Of The Dead has always been one of my favorites. Please, please, please get the Amber series going!

Bulova Men's Bracelet Calendar Dress Watch
Bulova Men's Bracelet Calendar Dress Watch
Price: $109.99
14 used & new from $108.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price., August 19, 2014
Always wanted a Bulova but had never found the right one. Almost bought this one at the mall for $140 (on sale) but I've gotten in the habit of checking Amazon before making most purchases (You're welcome, Amazon - Don't forget to add me as a line item in your advertising budget...)

This watch is beautiful with a white sun-ray design on the face inside of the hour markers. The markers and hands are silver colored. The date is easily large enough to read. The second hand is NOT a sweep second hand, but tics off the seconds, which I like better. On mine it hits the markers perfectly, which is a big deal for me. Hate it when something that is supposed to be a precision instrument is "off just bit". Can't really tell from the picture, but the bracelet is shiny on the outside edges of the links, but more of a brushed finish on the inner part of the links, making a nice contrast. Although Bulova has eliminated the classic tuning fork logo from the face of many models it IS stamped on the outside of the fold over clasp.

Lastly, the bracelet was quite large. I tend to worry when buying a leather strapped watch because I frequently need the last or second last hole in the strap. I had to remove 5 links from this bracelet. I do my own sizing, and I will say that the pins were extremely tight on this watch. I actually broke the needle on my pin pusher. If I need to change it again, I'll bring it to a pro.

I've had it for two weeks and have received several compliments. I'm very happy with that purchase.

Bear Motion for iPad Air - Luxury 100% Genuine Top Layer Buffalo Hide Vintage Leather Case for Apple iPad Support Smart Cover Function (iPad Air, Vintage Brown)
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $25.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case - Gorgeous Bison Hide, July 28, 2014
Awesome product. A beautiful piece of leather. I'm very happy with this purchase and feel secure that my iPad is well protected. I travel for business every week and throw the pad in my briefcase using it on the plane and in hotel rooms across the country. The fit on this case is perfect, the three viewing angles are just what I need, and it feels and looks great. Lots of compliments from random strangers on planes.

Travelon Comfort Grip 3 in 1 Luggage Handle, Black, One Size
Travelon Comfort Grip 3 in 1 Luggage Handle, Black, One Size
Offered by Galactics
Price: $7.76
8 used & new from $7.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, June 30, 2014
I bought this hoping that being able to turn my wrist would relieve some of the pressure on my arm when making that long walk to gate B95 at DIA. While it does relieve the "torque" by allowing you to use a different wrist position, the bag now hangs much lower and changes the center of gravity so that the full weight of the bag is now just hanging from my arm. Not a great solution. Also, as other reviewers have noted, the strap slides all the way to it's full length. I thought about putting a few stitches in to keep it where I need it, but a) carry ons don't last forever and I'd have to change it eventually, and b) that would not be enough to alleviate the main problem.

Time for a new spinner bag!

Mr. Mercedes: A Novel
Mr. Mercedes: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Great, June 15, 2014
Unfortunately, this is just a kind of mediocre cop novel. I'm a huge fan a of Mr. Kings's but this is not his forte.

The Last Kind Words Saloon: A Novel
The Last Kind Words Saloon: A Novel
Price: $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but save your money..., May 23, 2014
Absolutely not his best. If you're expecting Lonesome Dove you'like be disappointed. It's like a series of disjointed scenes that barely tie together and don't really go anywhere, except, of course, to the OK Corral, which is underwhelming. Sorry, I'm a huge fan, but... Meh...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10