Profile for R. J. Browder > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. J. Browder RSS Feed (Europe, SE)

The Holy Rosary
The Holy Rosary
by Lawrence G. Lovasik
Edition: Library Binding
Price: $3.95
76 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, January 11, 2010
This review is from: The Holy Rosary (Library Binding)
I think the best thing about this book is the illustrations, which are very nice and large, taking slightly more than half of each page.
Each Mystery has a whole page to itself, with a child-appropriate meditation at the top. For example, "Mary, my Mother, I love you as I see you telling the angel that you are ready to become the Mother of God because this is the Will of the Heavenly Father. Thank Jesus for wanting to become a child for love of me. Make me humble and obedient that I may always please God as you did." The first few pages give the historical background of the Rosary, including Saint Dominic, Lourdes, and Fatima. All the prayers are included, from The Sign of the Cross to the Hail, Holy Queen and Let us Pray (said at the end). With the clear instructions and simple diagrams, it is very easy for anyone to understand how to pray the Rosary by following this book.

York Wallcoverings Candice Olson Kids CK7781B Rock N Roll Border, Red/Black
York Wallcoverings Candice Olson Kids CK7781B Rock N Roll Border, Red/Black
Price: $22.13
4 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good, but..., January 11, 2010
I had trouble with getting it to stick. I followed instructions, but this was my first time putting up a border.
A couple of sections didn't stay stuck, and we had to use ordinary glue. One roll only does a very small room, by the way, so measure carefully.

Archbishop Fulton Sheen's St. Therese - A Treasured Love Story
Archbishop Fulton Sheen's St. Therese - A Treasured Love Story
by Fulton J. Sheen
20 used & new from $19.82

5.0 out of 5 stars I am happy I got this., January 11, 2010
There are so many books about or by Archbishop Sheen and St. Therese that it was hard to know which one to choose first. I am glad I chose this one because you get both of them in one very readable, interesting, and inspiring book. Lots of nice photos, too!

The Ninth Day
The Ninth Day
DVD ~ Ulrich Matthes
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Horror and inspiration in one film, January 11, 2010
This review is from: The Ninth Day (DVD)
A lot of the scenes will stay with you for a long time. I had no idea that thousands of Catholic priests, (even bishops) and hundreds and hundred of nuns, plus hundreds of thousands of ordinary lay Catholics were murdered by the Nazis. Seeing this film led me to learn more. It's a powerful film about a little-known aspect of WWII.

Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc (Dover Thrift Editions)
Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Mark Twain
Price: $4.50
87 used & new from $0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A really different kind of book!, September 2, 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love history and I became interested in Joan of Arc after seeing one of the films about her life. Twain spent 12 years researching this book, so it is full of interesting historical facts. He also deeply admired Joan of Arc, and the result is an inspiring, intriguing book. And, although it is a serious book, there is a bit of the famous Twain humor now and then. I agree with Twain that it is his best book!