Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
Profile for The Kindle Book Review > Reviews

Browse

The Kindle Book ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2070

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Kindle Book Review RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Missing Housewife (A Steve Wade Mystery Book 2)
The Missing Housewife (A Steve Wade Mystery Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing from Iris Wynne!, May 21, 2016
Having not read the first book in the series The Missing Mah Jongg Player I wasn’t sure what to expect but the title intrigued me. I really like the cover of the book and wasn’t disappointed when I started to read. Even though it is part of a series it is still a good stand alone story. It is very well written, showing skilful crafting of a murder mystery. It has a very clever plot. Is the victim still alive, or is it a double, mistaken identity, is the accused actually innocent, so many twists and turns. It kept my interest and focus; the characters were gritty and well drawn. The dialogue was believable and the settings and location vividly described. Iris Wynne can certainly tell a good story. I feel I got to know Steve, Candy and Sarah really well during the story and will certainly look out for more from Iris in the future.

The Kindle Book Review received a free copy of this book for an independent, fair, and honest review. We are not associated with the author or Amazon.

Barbara Goldie from The Kindle Book Review

Marked by Honor (Knights of Valor) (Volume 2)
Marked by Honor (Knights of Valor) (Volume 2)
by Lauren Linwood
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars An Honrable Knight, May 16, 2016
Having lost her mother and grandfather, her only two living relatives, with in week, Lady Beatrice Bordel travels to a distant castle hoping that an old friend of her grandfather’s will take her in. To protect herself from the unwanted attentions of men, she claims to be engaged and on her way to her finance’s castle. Her ruse is effective - until she meets Raynor Le Roux ----. They are attracted to each other, but she has claimed to be engaged, and he is an honorable man, unwilling to claim a woman who belongs to another.
The author does a wonderful job of presenting the conflict between the two of them. They will kiss, realize what they are doing, and move away. They will kiss long and hard, realize what they are doing, and pull away. The reader wonders how she will tell him the truth of her situation. The reader wonders how he will react to her lie.
The story held my attention. It moved at a good pace and the twists in the plot were both interesting and plausible.
Book Two in the knights of Valor series, this is not a continuation of the first book, but a completely stand-alone volume. It is the kind if sequel I enjoy.
David Burnett for the Kindle Book Review
I received a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

Ginny and Me: Reflections of What God Can Do
Ginny and Me: Reflections of What God Can Do
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational read!, May 7, 2016
A lovely story, so inspiring and full of hope, once I started to read I could not put it down. At 96 pages it is not a long read but it packs so much in, I easily read it in one sitting. I feel it may have been quite a difficult story to tell and shows immense strength. I would like to read more from Christine Walters as she has a lovely writing style that would adapt to other projects. I am sure she would be a good author. The story kept my attention and interest all the way through, I felt it was honest and written from the heart. I would truly recommend this book. Thank you Christine, for sharing this story with us.

A Circumstance of Blood
A Circumstance of Blood
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling!, May 7, 2016
Well I did not see that coming; this was my final thought as I turned the last page. The book is set is quite an unusual setting a Jesuit school for boys run by priests and this works extremely well. The boy’s characters are perfect for the storyline and the main character Sarah Markham made a great impression on me from the start. The characters are well drawn but yet individual and have their own personalities. The dialogue is believable and there is a lovely dog included! Everything needed for a gripping read and it does not disappoint. The plot is complex but not confusing. There are many threads and twists and turns that keep the pages turning and the reader focused. There were a few surprises; I really enjoy not being able to guess the ending! That said the end was very satisfactory and very plausible, it rounded the novel off perfectly. Jeanette Cooperman is a great storyteller and I look forward to reading more from her in the future and hope it includes Sarah Markham, this would make a great series.

To The Transplant Games
To The Transplant Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspiring!, May 7, 2016
The title of the book puzzled but intrigued me, I liked the cover as well and looking back think that both the title and the cover are perfect for the story. When I started to read the book I was not disappointed, it is not a long book and I read it in one sitting. It was an easy read and I particularly liked the writing style, I found it quite bouncy and it just rolled along. The three characters Aiden, Zafirah and Tanya are well drawn and such individuals. At first I thought the book may be sad but it is far from that, it is inspiring and thought provoking. Organ donation is not something I knew a lot about but I learned plenty throughout the three stories. The location suited the story and the three stories sat well together. I highly recommend this book and hope to read more by Caroline McIntosh in the future.

The ISIS Lone Wolf Trigger
The ISIS Lone Wolf Trigger
by Nik Venture
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storytelling from Nik Venture, May 7, 2016
Nik Venture can certainly craft a story; he keeps the reader engrossed, on the edge of the seat and takes them on a roller coaster ride. It is packed with gritty characters who are well so drawn and come alive from early on in the book. All the characters are believable; they stand alone with individual personalities. The settings are varied and very detailed. The descriptions are vivid and dialogue is believable. With assignments not being what they seem, secrets and dodgy dealings, mysterious objects and past lives rearing their heads there are multi layers to this novel. It is a complex plot, but not confusing, the twists and turns along the way make it a great page turner. There were some surprises I did not see coming. The pace slows in places so you can catch your breath, but not for long! A book highly recommended. I hope to read more from Nik Venture really soon.

Barbara Goldie from The Kindle Book Review

Yetunde: The Life and Times of a Yoruba girl in London (1)
Yetunde: The Life and Times of a Yoruba girl in London (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book for all ages!, May 7, 2016
The fables and folk tales in the book are lovely and the book is the right length for all ages. I thought it was an interesting angle telling the story through the eyes of a baby, but it works so well. It is an entertaining read and one that is for all ages, I can see this being read by parents and grandparents to young children and both enjoying the story, this is not always the case! I think there are useful lessons contained within the stories and an insight into other cultures. The book is well crafted and very descriptive. I loved the cover and the images, so delightful. The cover made me want to open the book and the contents did not disappoint!

Alternative outcome: Where fact and fiction collide
Alternative outcome: Where fact and fiction collide
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to know Mike Stanhope, you will not regret it!, May 7, 2016
An intriguing mystery and a quick read for quite a long book. The length however is appropriate for the story and is so well crafted with a good plot. It is obvious Peter Rowlands has put a great deal of thought into the book as is has multi threads and plenty of twists and turns along the way. The main character Mike Stanhope is a freelance journalist and is a believable character, in fact all characters are believable and their individual personalities show through. Road transport and logistics is not a subject I know much about and I learned a lot. The settings and descriptions are well drawn and the surprises unexpected. There is a bit of romance as well, so all in all a recommended read. Get a cup of tea and get to know Mike Stanhope I hope there will be more from Peter Rowlands and Mike Stanhope in the future, I will be looking out for them both!

Barbara Goldie from The Kindle Book Review

Her Colton P.I. (The Coltons of Texas)
Her Colton P.I. (The Coltons of Texas)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read, May 2, 2016
I admit it. I read a ton of romances. This is a first-time author for me, and I'm so glad I was offered the chance to review the title. Ms. Autin manages to intertwine romance and suspense in such a way that it's flawless.

You can't help but fall a little bit in love with Chris Colton yourself. He's a hero--even though he doesn't think so. Pained by a dark family history--he's not sure he'll ever want to open his heart--but he's more than sure he's up for the job of protecting widowed single-mother, Holly. Holly has regrets of her own. Can these two, with the scars of their past, find their way together?

Danger lurks for all in this Texas town. Someone wants Holly dead. Ones that should care for her the most. Someone is killing women ...is Holly a potential target?

Chris's sister have been missing for years--is the a killer, a victim, or is she hiding?

This is a fast-paced read. You'll be rooting for Holly and Chris. You'll root for them to find their way, despite the darkness surrounding them all.

The writing is flawless. The characters are well drawn out, and the plot is more than a little engaging. This is a new author for me--but this won't be the last of her titles I read. Well done!

While there are a few things we've yet to discover, I'm assuming they will be divulged in the next in the Colton series.

Hope Welsh for The Kindle Romance Review *I was given a copy of this title for review purposes*

So many questions in this continuation of the Colton family saga. (Each book IS stand-alone, but I'd suggest reading them all)

Surreptitiously Yours
Surreptitiously Yours
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Secret Eye in New Orleans, April 29, 2016
Claudette Lawrence doesn't seem to be that much of a wallflower - but seems to be mildly confused about a lot of things outside her friendly old house. Perhaps that's because her social circle is so small - or perhaps because she grew up under such unusual circumstances. One way she's trying to bridge the gap between herself and the workaday world outside is secret videotaping: a camera peering through a hole she's torn in a big shoulder bag that she hauls around the streets of New Orleans. (Later she learns that a smartphone will do the job of recording strangers in a more elegant way, but the metaphor of the "secret eye" is woven all through this narrative, so it's understandable that she starts out with an arrangement that's so clumsy and unreliable). In any case, Claudette's confusion is about to increase as she abruptly loses a close relative, collects the attention of a rather incompetent stalker, begins a romance with her professor, and tries to figure out what's happening with the two dominatrices who live upstairs. The chief issue with this book is that the city of New Orleans - the heat, the food, the reckless atmosphere - definitely takes a backseat to Claudette's fascination with herself. Things happen - although it doesn't feel like much is happening, since Claudette always comes back to herself. Because of this lack of external perspective, the narrative also feels a trifle incomplete, although reasonable people can disagree on that. [Nate Briggs for the Kindle Book Review]

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20