Profile for ResearchingMom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 271

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ResearchingMom RSS Feed (Hopewell Junction, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
1set Black Carbon Fiber Violin Bow Stunning Bow 1/2 Violin Bow
1set Black Carbon Fiber Violin Bow Stunning Bow 1/2 Violin Bow
Offered by lotmusic
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good, July 10, 2014
Very good bow at a good price! Durable and break resistant, with good response characteristics, better than the cheap wooden bows.
Bow hair is very good quality too.
This is a bow that is worth re-hairing when needed.
Someone playing several hours a day needs to re-hair perhaps every 4-6 months. A student playing much less can go a year to possibly two years. Eventually the natural gripping ability of the hair gets worn away. The cheap wooden bows are not worth re-hairing and they break easily.
I would recommend this bow. (I am a professional string player, so I have experience with bows.)

Stash Tea Organic Decaf Premium Green Tea, 18 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Price: $19.14
4 used & new from $13.40

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, June 26, 2014
So I order over a hundred bags of Organic Decaf Premium Green Tea, being unable to find it locally to try, and it has hardly any flavor :-(((
Bummer.

OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray, White/Green
OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray, White/Green
Price: $4.99
27 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good for price, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I believe this is the same tray as the ice cube tray, which has a blue cover and costs the same. They say it seals odors out, but it doesn't seem to seal airtight to me. The green cover slides on from either end and the indented portion catches a lip in the tray. It seems a little awkward to use to me. It has wide flanges all around, I think it could have been a bit more space efficient width wise. It is not tall so that is helpful in my freezer.
I think 1 ounce compartments would be handier than 3/4 oz.
Anyway with just a flexing of the tray to loosen, the portions slide right out of the half-circle compartments.

Planet Waves Varigrip Adjustable Hand Exerciser
Planet Waves Varigrip Adjustable Hand Exerciser
Price: $9.99
50 used & new from $2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars returning, June 25, 2014
I bought this because with the D'Addario name on it I was sure it would be good for musicians, but these seem cheap, the pistons do not move up and down smoothly. The "variable" tension - no instructions on how to adjust with the screws- varies from really heavy to really really heavy. Not usable by me - a professional violist, or my child needing to strengthen fingers for cello. Too tall for my child's hand also.
Am returning them.

15.6" Anti-glare Notebook Laptop Screen Protector for Compaq Presario CQ62Z/CQ56Z series/HP G62/G62m/G62t/G62x/HP Pavilion dv6t/dv6z/dv6z/dv6/g6t/g6z/g6x/g6s/ HP ENVY 15 series
Offered by Soliport
Price: $21.95

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, June 25, 2014
I needed to reduce glare from back lighting. SHAME on the manufacturers for making shiny reflective screens!
It fit my HP pavilion 15.6" screen exactly.
Well, it was a lot of work chasing the little flecks of dust. I shined a bright flashlight across the surface of the screen (from the side) and could see the little buggers dancing onto the screen continually. No clean room here - so I finally got most of them off for a moment and applied the screen protector. Missed the aim the first time and peeled it up and moved it slightly - successfully. Only have a couple of dust bubbles on one edge. Unfortunately the optics of a thin piece of plastic are not as good as the glass of the older non-glare monitors I have. It makes the picture duller and bothers my eyes some to look at. Not sure if I will keep using it. Hate to waste this much money.

Disney Tinkerbell Fairy Wonder Licensed Twin Bedding Comforter Set
Disney Tinkerbell Fairy Wonder Licensed Twin Bedding Comforter Set
Offered by EcityDirect
Price: $35.99
8 used & new from $35.99

2.0 out of 5 stars UGLY colors, June 20, 2014
This has the ugliest loud purple and green print on the reverse of the comforter and the fitted sheet (it does not have a flat sheet).
The picture colors are garish and ugly too, but maybe they fade - don't know yet. The comforter is thin, guess to be expected for affordable licensed product.

Eden Pond Astaxanthin-Natural Powerful Bio Astaxanthin Antioxidant Supplement 4mg Capsules, 120 Count
Price: $21.65
4 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be a good one, June 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have been taking Nutrex Hawaii BioAstin 4 mg for a while. Switching to this I have not seen any difference, so I am concluding that it is a good astaxanthin. For me the benefits of it are more on principle, and not readily noticeable or measurable,so I can't say anything more specific.

Gaia Herbs MACA Powder Bottle, 16 Ounce
Gaia Herbs MACA Powder Bottle, 16 Ounce
Price: $22.99
7 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars measure carefully, June 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Seems to be a very good maca, and more economical than pills.
You can take any amount, so measure carefully.
This is said to be adaptogenic for adrenals, but I am in severe adrenal fatigue and wasn't feeling benefit from it. Apparently YMMV.
Will wait until the adrenals are supported then try again maybe.
If maca is benefiting you, then I'd recommend this one.

Mead 2-Inch Zipper Binder with Zipper Storage, Blue (72192)
Mead 2-Inch Zipper Binder with Zipper Storage, Blue (72192)
Price: $14.05

3.0 out of 5 stars decent for price, June 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This large capacity notebook is covered inside and out with what seems like moderately sturdy material.
On my scale it weighed in just over 1 lb.
I think it would be easy to lose the pens/ pencils in the two front pencil pockets. Inside the front zipper pouch are two elastic pencil loops and a small flat pocket that could also hold pens or a notepad. The inside pouch will just hold my iPhone 5 . Not sure what it is really meant for. I really thing the storage in this could have been better thought out but that's just my opinion. Maybe it will be just right for you!

Five Star Zipper Binder Plus Multi Access File, 2-Inch Capacity, 13.75 x 12.12 x 3.5 Inches, Black (72186)

5.0 out of 5 stars portable office!, June 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, this a basically a portable office. 6 slot/5 divider file, accessible either from the outside or from inside the notebook, large ring binder that claims to hold 380 sheets of 15 lb. paper, a large zipper pouch just smaller that letter paper size, and a smaller pouch.
It weighs 1 lb. 11 oz on my scale.
The carry handle on the spine is a great idea.
The inside of the notebook is that sturdy but slightly flexible plastic that they often make notebooks out of. The zippers are nylon.
The cloth feels sturdy and I would expect it to last pretty well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20