Profile for Amy D. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy D. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Philadelphia Candies Milk Chocolate Covered Potato Chips Gift Bag Net Wt 9 oz
Philadelphia Candies Milk Chocolate Covered Potato Chips Gift Bag Net Wt 9 oz
Offered by Philadelphia Candies
Price: $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars They care about their product, June 21, 2014
While I have to agree with the comments about the chocolate overwhelming the salty chip, I must say - if you keep them in the fridge, break off a bite size piece, and let the chocolate melt in your mouth, you are rewarded with a still-crisp and salty potato chip finish! I was very impressed with the care taken in packaging and shipping this item. It's clearly important to the company that the customer get the best product possible when they arrive at your door. That's so rare these days - attention to detail and pride a good product..... That earned them the 5th star.

Haeger Round Pizza Stone
Haeger Round Pizza Stone
Offered by LYNWOOD DEALS
Price: $16.64
11 used & new from $16.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I've had no problems, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Haeger Round Pizza Stone
I have not had any problems with this. I think I've had it about a year now, and have frequently made pizzas - using dough made from scratch. I make the dough, and after it rises, roll it out straight onto the stone (with flour on the stone). I put it into a preheated oven. When it is time to take out, I slip a flat spatula under the crust to make sure it will release, then slide the pizza from the stone to a cutting board - and put the stone back into the oven to cool down slowly. Granted, it does seem quite brittle - I'm sure it would not survive even a short drop, but it seems to be doing what it's designed for. I purchased mine at a local grocery - not thru Amazon, but looked it up for a friend and saw some bad reviews.

I'll Follow the Moon - 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition
I'll Follow the Moon - 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful...., November 4, 2013
This book caught my eye on posts on facebook for Save Green Sea Turtles. I bought the book as a gift for my granddaughter, and also downloaded the Kindle edition to check out for myself. The illustrations are beautiful. The story and the repeated phrasing are classic children's story-telling. It did seem a little long for small children, but I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on any of the beautiful illustrations. That said, I am concerned because, in fact, sea turtle babies do NOT ever interact with their parents once hatched. They are not following the moon in order to find their mother, and will only ever find her by accident (the females do at least return to the beach where they were hatched), if ever. I would hate to be the parent whose child loves this story, who then finds out at the local aquarium that the turtle really does hatch out an is on its own to survive or not. So, therefore, only 4 stars.

Small Business Finance All-in-One For Dummies
Small Business Finance All-in-One For Dummies
by Faith Glasgow
Price: $25.66
40 used & new from $20.29

3.0 out of 5 stars This is the UK Edition, September 17, 2013
I also received the UK Edition. My husband ordered it for me in support of my fledgling new business venture. I skimmed through it, and was hoping it would just be appended with UK-Related information, but no - it is truly for the UK market. I do not see an offering of an Edition for the US market, so I suppose I will need to ask my husband to return it.

Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt
Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt
Price: $112.78
24 used & new from $88.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Why does anyone use a microwave when this is around???, August 24, 2013
This one I am even going to share on Facebook! I have always been intimidated by pressure cookers. I remember my grandmother's old pot whistling away.... I might be the only person on the planet who can cook beef tips in a slow cooker all day and have them still be tough.... So, a pressure cooker just wasn't on the radar. Then I got a grain mix with beans that really is best cooked in a pressure cooker. As my rice cooker needed replacing, I decided to replace it with this.... So far I've cooked the multi-grain/bean mix - perfectly - everything cooked through - no mush. I followed the guidelines for time outlined in the manual (they distinguish between grains that have been soaked or are dry). This evening, I made beef stew.... I browned the beef, cut up potatoes, carrots, etc., threw it all in with some water and a little wine, and pushed the "Meat/Stew" button. Yay!!!! PERFECTLY cooked. Veggies were done enough for my husband, but not too mushy for me. Meat was tender and flavorful.... and I didn't even use bullion or stock. I can't wait to make something next!

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: A Novel (Random House Movie Tie-In Books)
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: A Novel (Random House Movie Tie-In Books)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.24

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, October 28, 2012
I started reading this after a failed attempt at reading Rowlings's new novel for "grown ups". What a relief! This is for grown ups - REALLY grown ups. It's also for middle aged people and young adults. The characters are real and we care about them. Some are flawed to the point of hoping they never darken our door for the holidays, yet we still have a soft spot for them. I actually wished this had been a little longer. I wasn't ready to leave the hotel yet. Some of the threads were wrapped up a little too conveniently - perhaps because to make a movie that contained that much detail would be too long. This is a move tie-in book - and I'm not sure what that really means. Was there a book previously that the movie is based on? or is this book written in support of the movie? Either way, it's well written, descriptive, fun and a bit of an eye opener.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling
Price: $21.00
855 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd downloaded a sample first, October 7, 2012
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
I don't think I would have purchased this if I had downloaded the sample for the Kindle first. But I respect JK Rowling's talents so much that I just bought it. She is much more talented than this. Whether a book for kids or a book for adults, this is not worthy of Rowling. So far, I am reading through a litany of character "development", but have not found one likable character. Except for the reaction to the death of the council member, there doesn't seem to be a plot, and frankly, I wouldn't care what happens to any of these people if there were. For someone so talented at creating DIVERSE characters and memorable locations, this is completely underwhelming and forgettable.

KONG Wild Knots Flamingo Dog Toy Medium/Large
KONG Wild Knots Flamingo Dog Toy Medium/Large
Price: $8.99
14 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - cute and sturdy, September 8, 2012
We have two dogs - 55, and 65 pounds. Note: They are NOT big toy destroyers. We give them marrow bones they LOVE to chew on to get that out of their system. They take plush toys and sling them around, stomp on them (to see where the squeak is), and carry them around, but unlike the other poster who has a toy destroyer, ours do pretty well.

That said, they LOVE this, so I need to get another one. Rudy was sniffing and snuggling on his flamingo, and Emmie stared him down till he abandoned it, and ran off with it. It's soft, but you can feel the rope inside, so it feels sturdy.

I recently spent about $80 replacing toys for the dogs, and this is the one they keep coming back to, so need more.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Peacock Alley HSAT-2KSET SEA 100-Percent Egyptian Cotton Sateen Vieira Sheet Set, Sea Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful the size...., August 19, 2012
I don't know how, but I managed to order the Queen size (HSAT-2QSET....) instead of King (2KSET). That part of the model number is the only designation of the size. I am not sure how I did it, but I could have sworn I searched for King sized.

Well, they are VERY nice, and I suppose our guests who sleep on the Queen bed in the guest room will have some awesome sheets to sleep on! Ordering the correct size. If these turn out to be something other than King, I'm gonna take a couple of stars away.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and stylish, August 11, 2012
This is a very comfortable suit. The only minus is that where the V in front meets, the stitching of the border color is a little awkward, and there's a pucker. I don't think it will ruin my shot at being a bikini model, though!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5