Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Alison Hudson > Reviews

Browse

Alison Hudson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 506

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alison Hudson "Ariamythe" RSS Feed (Dearborn, MI)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, September 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this with the hopes that a friend, who has a newborn and is breastfeeding, would help me test its efficacy. I will admit that I was skeptical; there's no real science that says this works in any meaningful way to help lactation, just a lot of anecdotal evidence and many uncritical, unscientific websites touting its supposed benefits.

In a one week run, my friend tried this twice a day. She also kept a measure of her daily output (via pumping). During that week, her milk production didn't change much at all. Granted, she only drank it for a week, but considering the box only contains 18 pouches, going longer would have meant buying more, and honestly neither one of us felt it would have been worth it. Herbal supplements are junk science, by and large; that's why they aren't regulated by the FDA and can be sold freely, without oversight from pharmacists ... because they're junk.

A Game of Thrones The Card Game Second Edition
A Game of Thrones The Card Game Second Edition
Price: $32.17
34 used & new from $28.17

4.0 out of 5 stars A good revision of FFG's GoT Card Game, September 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first edition of Game of Thrones: The Card Game from FFG was a bit of a mess. Like any first edition, it went through growing pains as rules were added, expansions were released, rules were clarified, etc. At its heart it could be fun, but on the whole it could also be tedious.

This Second Edition tries to streamline things a bit and focus gameplay so it's not quite so tedious. It's fairly successful. Based on the books (NOT the TV show), it does a nice job of capturing some of the flavor and intrigues of that show. The rules are still too complicated to really get your casual play friends to sit down and have fun, and there are still moments where the game slows down (especially with more players), but I like the Second Edition better than the first.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition: Disney Pixar's Inside Out Play Set - Not Machine Specific
73 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Inside Out and play Infinity, a must purchase, September 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am personally not a huge fan of Disney Infinity. I think there's too little game and too much sandbox. However, my daughters love nothing more than to run around in the Sandbox areas and goof off, drive helicoptors, throw little characters, create a wading pool for Hulk to splash in, The recent release of Infinity 3.0 has not changed this much, though I will note there's a little more pre-produced play content with this one.

In the context of all that ... there's nothing wrong with this set. My kids loved Inside Out (though both daughter say their favorite character was Sadness) and they liked having characters from IO in the game. They seemed to like the included level, as well, and my older son even sat down to play through it with them. They're typical Infinity quality as far as materials, sculpt, etc. goes.

DII 100% Cotton, Professional Bib Chef Apron, Adjustable Neck & Waist Ties, Front Pocket, Machine Washable, Perfect for Cooking, Baking, Barbequing, & More - Mustard
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable apron, September 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is, in the end, little more than a functional apron in a pleasant color. Nothing remarkable, but nothing disappointing. The stitching seems neat and shouldn't pull; and the color, while light, isn't going to discolor the way white would (I got mustard color).

Woods 041302 Dual USB Charger 4-Outlet Surge Protector Powerstrip, 800-Joules of Protection, 3-Foot Cord
Price: $15.82
39 used & new from $15.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, September 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a convenient surge protector for those of us with too few outlets and too many devices. Having a couple of USB outlets here means not always having to find a charging block, which can be easily misplaced. Be wary though: make sure you use a long enough cord (unless you have the thing sitting up on the table where you're charging.

Char-Broil Standard Digital Electric Smoker, 725 Square Inch
Char-Broil Standard Digital Electric Smoker, 725 Square Inch
Price: $176.24
27 used & new from $176.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoking Meat for Dummies, September 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a self-confessed smoker n00b. I have always wanted to, but had neither the equipment to do it properly nor the time and patience to babysit a briscuit all day. This Char-Broil Electric Smoker was just what I needed. It's pretty plug-and-play, smoker-wise -- put in the woodchips, put in the water, preheat for about 40 minutes, set your time/temp, put in the meat, and go do what you need to do for the next few hours. I made ribs for the first run with this and they were the best ribs I've ever made. Chicken was next, and while that came out drier than I expected, I think it had more to do with how I prepped it than the smoker; I will be doing a different recipe next time.

I'm sure BBQ and smoker afficianados will find this too be too simple, with not enough room for winging it, etc. But as a casual BBQ/smoker cook, this is just right.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 5:08 PM PDT

Essie Nail Color Summer 2015 Collection, Chillato
Essie Nail Color Summer 2015 Collection, Chillato
Price: $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good formula, odd color, September 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This color (Chillato) is .... interesting. It's not my usual color choice, but the picture made it look interesting enough to try. Unfortunately, I don't think the picture gets the shade quite right. It's very light, like a beige-mint with a little green in it. I thought it would trend a little more to green than it does.

Still, as a product, it's Essie nail color, and so you can expect standard Essie quality.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Pre Shrunk, Everday Kitchen Basic, Designer Inspired, Ultra Absorbent, 20x30" Urban Stripe Dishtowel Set of 3, Eggplant
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Kitchen Towel, August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Decent quality towels, a good size, and fairly absorbent. And in my favorite color too! [I got the purple ones.]

Schleich Giganotosaurus Toy Figure, Orange
Schleich Giganotosaurus Toy Figure, Orange
Offered by Fun 4 Less Toys
Price: $14.61
48 used & new from $14.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Schleitch Quality, Dino Goodness, August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a big,cool looking dinosaur made of sturdy, heavy plastic. It's detailed well in both sculpting and painting. Gigantasaurus looks like, but is not, a T-Rex which opened up a teachable moment with my son and daughter as I explained a few things about dinosaur family trees. It's not much of a toy, having no movable limbs, but it looks good standing on my son's bookshelf. .

TRENDnet 4-Port USB 3.0 Compact Mini Hub with Built in USB 3.0 Cable
TRENDnet 4-Port USB 3.0 Compact Mini Hub with Built in USB 3.0 Cable
Price: $13.99
82 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine as an inexpensive port expander, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this hub for a couple of weeks now on my older model laptop and I have had no problems with it. It handles multiple plugs just fine, and it works with my sync/charging cables for my phone and tablet devices. It's unpowered, which I'm always wary of, but so far that hasn't seemed to affect its performance.

Technical note: I am not plugging external drives into this, preferring to keep that on my other open USB port; I mainly use this for charging and syncing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20