Profile for Alison Hudson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 333

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alison Hudson "Ariamythe" RSS Feed (Dearborn, MI)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Frozen [Blu-ray]
Frozen [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.99
60 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Disney's Best, October 16, 2014
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
My little girl loves this movie, and so do I. I agree with people who say the hype has gone overboard (I mean, the ONCE UPON A TIME storyline? Seriously?) but that doesn't change how good this film is. Or the soundtrack, which my daughter knows just about every word to.

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Microphone for Podcasting, October 16, 2014
As a podcaster who isn't being sponsored or otherwise financially supported, I needed a microphone that was inexpensive yet still produced great sound. I had more than one podcaster whom I respect recommend the Blue Yeti, and I'm glad they did. It does everything I need it to, and it was in my budget. I will recommend this microphone to any podcaster in the future who asks for my advice.

Oh, and if you're trying to decide between this and the Pro model: just get this one unless you plan to be recording on high end studio equipment. Your laptop doesn't need the extra bells and whistles.

Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds: Raw and Non-GMO, 1lb bag
Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds: Raw and Non-GMO, 1lb bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Nutrient Boost, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an interesting suppliment. And that's how I've used it the last few days: almost exclusively as a supplement sprinkled in things (chili, oatmeal, soup). The seeds themselves are tiny and nearly tasteless. I was afraid they'd add grittiness to the food, but they're so small and smooth that they don't really; they mix in and go down and don't noticably change the flavor of anything strongly flavored (though I tasted a change in my oatmeal). I haven't yet tried any chia-specific recipes; I may come back and update this when I do. For now, I'm content letting it be a little nutrition boost.

L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser, 5.0 Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser, 5.0 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.59
33 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Red, Burning Face, October 14, 2014
I'm sure that L'oreal didn't intend for this to make my face dry, red, and irritated, but it did. I am not someone who normally has a lot of issues with sensitive skin, either -- I use a lot of soaps and lotions indiscriminitally -- but whatever's in here just did a number on me. No thanks, L'oreal!

Pride by Instinct Cheshire's Recipe with Chicken and Chickpeas Dry Cat Food 5.0 lb Bag
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Food, October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't complain too much about this food. My cat took to it right away (she usually eats a Purina Pro dry food) without any fuss. She's eaten it for about a week now without any issues. I like the ingredients list as well; I like to reduce the amount of fillers my cat eats whenever possible. I could balk a little at the price but she's my cat and I love her, so I won't just go el-cheapo on her.

Mega Bloks Call of Duty ODIN Space Station Strike
Mega Bloks Call of Duty ODIN Space Station Strike
Offered by 2fundmissions
Price: $62.94
14 used & new from $54.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Collector's Piece, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a neat set. It looks cool on the table and the little astronauts are well done. It's Mega Blocks, of course, so the whole veneer of "fake LEGO" lingers, but these Call of Duty sets have been solid.

I will say this: The playability value of this is limited. As a collector piece on a shelf, sure (though it's a little top-heavy). But for playing as a 10 year old, like I have, well ... all the rest of the models are on Earth, story-wise. This is a satellite. It floats and shoots down at Earth. It can't even fly. So collectors enjoy; but I think next time I'll get my boy something more functionally fun.

Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Splash N' Swim Water Park
Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Splash N' Swim Water Park
Offered by Toys.
Price: $44.80
7 used & new from $34.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad set, but Ages 4 - 12? I don't think so., October 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mega Blocks are trying desperately to not just be "those LEGO rip-offs," and they've been succeeding to some degree with their licensed sets, especially the video-game inspired ones. Their girl's lines -- Barbie and Hello Kitty -- feel a little less impressive, especially since they're competing so directly with LEGO Friends.

I think the Hello Kitty sets do a better job of "being different" than the Barbie sets, if only because of the main character. The set itself is okay, though it seems more complicated than it should be for the Hello Kitty demographic. I have a six year old, and while her eyes lit up when she saw this she simply wasn't up to the task of assembly. I built the main structure for her and she built the little building by herself, but the secondary slide will probably remain unbuilt (and the pieces are probably already in her LEGO bin). I'm glad this comes with more than one figure, so Hello Kitty isn't lonely in her water park. My daughter would have been sad if she was. [Of course, then LEGO Friends would probably just visit.]

Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Video Game Starter Pack - PlayStation 4
Offered by youlikethat
Price: $57.99
120 used & new from $36.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Improvement over 1.0, October 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Disney Infinity 1.0 wasn't terribly impressive to me, and at the time my son (then 9) wasn't too impressed either. He loved Skylanders, but preferred the idea of an adventure game over the kind of hybrid game/sandbox of Infinity.

Infinity 2.0 has made changes, though, and it's really a better game now. Oddly, they made the decision to go in the opposite direction that I expected -- dumbing down the adventure and ramping up the sandbox -- but I think they made the right move. It plays a bit more to the Minecraft side of the game playerbase. While my son and I are only a couple days into this set, I can already tell it will see more play at my house.

I like thier leveraging of the Marvel Universe property as well, though I am a bit sad at how the game appears to me swinging towards a more boy-oriented demographic (the old one, featuring all sorts of characters, like Frozen, had broader gender appeal). Still, the 1.0 characters work fine, so Elsa can still compete with Thor or Iron Man and kick butt!

Also, if your kid has never owned Skylanders or Infinity 1.0: Be ready to buy a lot of figures and "packs". It can get pricey. But then, these figures are no different than them buying a new action figure or LEGO set.

Mega Bloks Barbie Pool Party
Mega Bloks Barbie Pool Party
Offered by Mr. Customer Service
Price: $19.95
18 used & new from $18.50

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a LEGO Friends Set but with Chelsea, October 2, 2014
This review is from: Mega Bloks Barbie Pool Party (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mega Blocks want to compete with LEGOs, and they're scooping up some big name properties to do it. This one is Barbie branded, though it's Barbie's little sister inside the box. The set itself isn't as well designed from a building standpoint as LEGO Friends (which this is clearly trying to compete with), though the final product does resemble the open plastic shells of other Barbie structures. The set is okay (though as another commenter noted, stupidly named) and it is compatible with your child's LEGOs, so it's not terrible. But Mega Blocks just feel like cheap LEGOs to me. Even the plastic feels ... softer? I think.

My little girl started to build it, then enlisted me to help her because it was taking too long. It was played with for an afternoon, but it ultimatley ended up in her LEGO bin with her LEGO bricks.

OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser
OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace That Icky Dish Soap Bottle, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this dispenser for my kitchen. I don't like how dish soap bottles become so messy as you use them -- the caked, dried soap, the wet and wrinkled label, etc. This makes for a nice alternative. It's attractive (provided brushed steel and black goes with your kitchen), it fits just right on the back of my sink, and it allows me to dispense soap without grabbing the bottle with wet, soapy hands. The only real complaint I have is that it really doesn't dispense a LOT of soap with each push; it would be enough for hand soap, but I usually like loading my sponge up with more dish soap than this delivers in the first spurt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20