Profile for K. Heinchon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 85

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Heinchon RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Fantasy
Fantasy
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Fantasy (MP3 Music)
It's good for 90s nostalgia.
I have a wide open 90s playlist and this is a song that was missing from it.

Red Kap Enhanced Visibility Work Shirt, FLUORESCENT ORANGE, LNL SS14ORLNL
Red Kap Enhanced Visibility Work Shirt, FLUORESCENT ORANGE, LNL SS14ORLNL
Offered by StandardWorkwear
Price: $20.91
6 used & new from $17.39

4.0 out of 5 stars High Viz Work Shirt, February 26, 2014
I work in construction, where high-viz isn't just the norm; it's a requirement.

So far, everywhere I've worn this shirt (75% of the time, it's at work), I've gotten comments along the lines of "I love that shirt. Where can I get one?"

I tell them to go to Amazon and type in 'Red Kap Flourescent' and it should come up.

It's a high quality polyester material that is NOT made in China or Thailand.
I am pretty short, but have regular length torso and arms. I ordered the Tall size and it fits well.
It is a length that I can comfortably wear either tucked or untucked.

There are two reasons I didn't rate this 5 stars.
1. Not made in USA
2. I wish it was cotton.

One Second After
One Second After
Offered by Macmillan

3.0 out of 5 stars One Second After, February 26, 2014
This review is from: One Second After (Kindle Edition)
This book explores what would happen in one small community in the aftermath of an EMP burst.

I feel like Forstchen spent a LOT of time studying the scientific and medical aspects of how our modern society would deal with no electricity. However, I feel like he is a bit too... I guess bleak is the word I'm thinking of... when considering humanity's response.

That to me is the difference between 3 and 4 stars.

The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1)
The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dig, February 26, 2014
Something new.

Matt Turner's talent is something I haven't read about yet.
The mystery he uncovered was something I haven't read about yet.

I look forward to reading book #2 of this series. It's on my read list.

Carcassonne
Carcassonne
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Carcassonne on Kindle Fire, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne (App)
It's a great port of a board game. You can play Carcassonne in the car with other humans! That was my favorite feature of this game.

Avogadro Corp: The Singularity Is Closer Than It Appears (Singularity Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Avogadro Corp: The Singularity is Closer than it Appears, February 26, 2014
Avogadro Corp is a thinly-veiled alternate universe Google.

Avogadro Corp is an internet company that has millions of email users, smartphone users, and servers all over the world.

One day, a programmer in charge of writing an algorithm to improve the user's email experience makes an innocent mistake and goes home for the weekend. By the time he comes back to work Monday morning, he realizes the magnitude of his mistake. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? The programmer, his friend, a stubborn old accountant, and the legendary owner of Avogadro Corp team up to find out what can be done.

It seemed a little bit far-fetched, but still believable.
It was enjoyable, but it was missing 'something' that I can't really put a finger on.

The Earth-Mars Chronicles: Hope for Humanity
The Earth-Mars Chronicles: Hope for Humanity
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I hope Volume 2 is just as timely as Volume 1, April 29, 2013
I'm a little biased since I think that humanity is past due for inhabiting another rock in space. However, I think a scare similar to what this fictional book describes may be what it takes to kick things into gear. We can only hope that it won't be too late. I finished reading this book back in February, but I prefer to let things settle and sink in before reviewing it on Amazon.

Pros:
Character development - The characters are well developed and you have your share of likable and unlikable characters. It also has your questionable characters and surprises.
Plot development - As I mentioned above, there are plenty of surprises to keep you anticipating what comes next. Also, you can tell that the author put a lot of research into this book. For the most part, he managed to keep everything believable. Even though it is in the future, there isn't really any 'new' technology other than advances in existing technology.
Scriptability - I made this word up, but I think that this book could easily transition to a movie script. I don't know if that is a goal of the author's, but instead of a Mind's Eye, I use Recall to visualize things that I read, so that is something that I notice easily when reading.

Cons
Holes - I realize this is Volume 1 of Many, but there were several unanswered questions at the end of this book that could have been answered without reducing the anticipation for Volume 2.
That's it. If it weren't for these holes, I would have easily given this 5 stars.

For a first time author, I was very impressed. It almost inspired me to start working on my own book, but I'm not quite ready to delve into that much research yet.

Complete Atopia Chronicles
Complete Atopia Chronicles

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, OK execution of story., January 28, 2013
The concept of this book is great, and had me intrigued from the start. I'll give a brief recap of the concept, so there may be some spoilers below, but I will do my best to keep them as vague as possible.

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****
Society has become something of a mix between the worlds set up in Bladerunner (Virtual Reality), Minority Report (Predicting the Future), Stargate Atlantis (Floating Cities), and Keeping up with the Kardashians (no explanation needed) with a little bit of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Drugs) thrown in.

The predictions of the future are forecasting danger in multiple forms coming soon, and it seems like it is up to Atopia (most of the latest advances come from Atopia) to solve it. What is the biggest threat? What is the best way to solve the issue?
****End SPOILERS****

if that sounds interesting to you, I suggest you read it. However, in my case, I was never captured by the book. I had to drag myself through the story to get to what was otherwise a fairly good ending with a nice twist. I hope it isn't this way for everyone, but I felt the need to share my input.

Dog Whistler
Dog Whistler
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Program is fine, but inaccurate, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Dog Whistler (App)
High ranges that humans aren't supposed to be able to hear -- Everyone could hear.
Low ranges that humans aren't supposed to be able to hear -- Everyone could hear.

More importantly, there was no reaction from my dog, a 6 year old German Shepherd/Husky.

McKleinUSA RIVER WEST 15714 Brown Fly-Through Checkpoint-Friendly 17 Laptop Case
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $129.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, January 28, 2013
I bought this bag to carry to and from work. I wanted to be able to carry a laptop, a few files, a water bottle, my kindle, pens/pencils/etc, and a light change of clothes (light change = socks/underwear/t-shirt, full change = light change + pants and outer shirt). So far, it has performed well. It looks great, and while I still worry about the carrying strap, it has not been an issue yet.

Pros:
Looks very nice
Does what I want
Leather
Zippers are well made

Cons:
Shoulder Strap is worryingly thin. It is basically 1 ply while the rest of the bag is 2-4 ply.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9