Profile for Dr.Graffin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr.Graffin "Gaming God" RSS Feed (Twin Cities, MN)

Page: 1 | 2
Bags On Board Refill Bags Pack 21 Rolls 315 Bags Clean-Up
Bags On Board Refill Bags Pack 21 Rolls 315 Bags Clean-Up
Offered by EntirelyPets
Price: $14.77
13 used & new from $18.81

1.0 out of 5 stars 20% Less design is awful. Never buying these again!, June 15, 2014
I've bought these refill packs in the past w/o problem. Recently I purchased another refill pack only to find the new bags are much smaller and rip in half right off the roll. What an awful design change. I've never contacted a company with a complaint but I did it for this. Their product went from great to completely unusable. I'm throwing what I have away and never buying this new design again. What a waste of money.

Apple iPad mini 2 ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray)
Apple iPad mini 2 ME276LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black with Space Gray)
Offered by Fulton Tech
Price: $299.99
207 used & new from $209.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My first tablet and it's great!!!, May 4, 2014
I did some research before buying considering my needs for a tablet.

The Ipad mini w/retina display is great. Clear, bright display, good battery life, easy to use, responsive and just the right size. Very cool how it sync'ed up my Itunes library in seconds w/me doing next to nothing. Playing games and listening to my entire library is pretty awesome. I'd definitely recommend it to others. Happy w/my purchase.

Utopia 24-Inch x 48-Inch Bath/Gym Towels 100% Cotton, Soft & Absorbent 12-Pack, White
Offered by Utopia Deals
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd time I've bought these towels. Very pleased, August 22, 2013
This is the second order from Amazon where I've bought these towels. They are great if you know what you're getting. I was satisfied so that's why I ordered them again.

This isn't some big, fluffy, bath towel. They are similar to gym towels. Somewhat absorbant, fairly small/thin, and white. I use them for dog's crate as bedding and they work perfectly for that. I've run them through the washer dozens of times and they hold up really well. Just read the reviews and decide for yourself. For the price, these are tough to beat. Probably best used as something other than a "bath" towel. These would be perfect for towels in a car or to dry your car after a car wash.

My Shame Is True
My Shame Is True
Price: $10.00
39 used & new from $4.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid. I enjoy this album, April 28, 2013
This review is from: My Shame Is True (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this album for a couple of weeks and while I initially liked it, it continues to grow on me. Feels like money definitely well spent.

This album very much warrants a purchase and doesn't feel like a letdown (My Addiction) of any sort. Good album, worth your money (if you like the traditional AT sound). AT fans shouldn't be disappointed.

Three Chords and a Half Truth
Three Chords and a Half Truth
Price: $10.99
38 used & new from $6.57

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T ignore the bad reviews. This is not a good Face to Face album, April 28, 2013
First off let me start by saying I've been a fan of FtF since the mid 90's. I love their traditional sound (self-titled, Reactionary, Big Choice), but also Ignorance is Bliss and Trevor Keith's solo album. Ignorance is my favorite album by any artist of all time (Buy Ignorance-check my review on that album). In short, I'd say I have a pretty good ear for what people like about FtF.

I won't go on and on about this album, but I think other reviewers have said it best. It sounds like it should be a Social D album or something along those lines, not Face to Face. I've listened to this album a few times completely and consider it a waste of money. I wasn't hooked by even one single song. This is the first time I've ever been able to say that about any FtF album that I've bought. Usually at least half of each of their albums, if that not the entirety of each album, are very good. I really can't justify listening to it any more because it's just so bland and boring. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about any song on this album. I wasn't overwhelmed by Laugh Now, but by comparison, Laugh Now (which is an average FtF album at best) looks like a masterpiece when compared to Three Chords.

Other reviewers saying, "Give it a chance" or judge it on it's own merit are missing the point. I don't listen to Face to Face because I want to hear some pop, sock-hop, light rock/country vibe type of sound. If I want pizza, I'll eat pizza. I won't order a sub sandwich and say well, "This is an okay sandwich so I guess that makes it an okay pizza." While the cover art is fun/well-done, that's about where my positive remarks begin and end for this album.

I gave it two stars because after all the good stuff FtF put out everyone can have a stinker. THREE CHORDS AND A HALF TRUTH IS A STINKER! It gets the extra star because I'm glad they're back and still making music. But to be honest, if their next album sounds anything like Three Chords I'll have to think long and hard about buying. Three Chords is a waste of 10 bucks. If you must buy it, buy it only out of curiousity with no expectation of actually enjoying it. I've reviewed two other FtF albums on Amazon so read those if you like to see I'm not just blowing smoke here. I'm not being harsh for the sake of being harsh. I'm being harsh because this album is not a good Face to Face album and I found no enjoyment in listening to it. Buy at your own risk.

Laugh Now Laugh Later
Laugh Now Laugh Later
24 used & new from $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great. Reminds me of How to Ruin Everything in terms of overall quality., May 17, 2011
This review is from: Laugh Now Laugh Later (Audio CD)
I'm a big FtF fan and at this moment I'm just glad they are back together and making music. Though, to be honest, this album isn't anything great but it's not bad.

I guess FtF had just gotten most of its fans used to albums that are great from start to finish, but this isn't one of them. Obviously, if you're a FtF fan, buy the album if not for anything more than curiousity. Unfortunately, I felt there were just too many filler/forgetable tracks that I can't highly recommend this album. Here's a track breakdown on a scale of 1-5 stars (worst to best).

1. Should anything go wrong-You've probably been listening to it since last October. It's an awesome song but not characteristic of the quality of the album-5 stars
2. It's not all about you-Not a top track but if more songs were this good the album wouldn't have felt like a letdown of sorts-4/4.5 stars
3. The invisible hand-Boring track. Granted the album just came out and this may grow on me, but not at this time. 2 stars
4. Bombs Away- Feels like a typical, but forgettable FtF track. 3.5 stars
5. Blood in the Water-This is the filler I was talking about. Predictable but okay. 3.5 stars
6. What you came for-I felt more hopeful for the album at this point. Decent song. 4 stars
7. I don't mind and you don't matter-Probably my favorite track on the album. Jumps out as a hit. Awesome!! 5 stars
8. Stopgap-A 4 plus minute FtF song that isn't on Ignorance is bliss. Felt forced and boring. 3 stars
9. All for Nothing- Call me sentimental or a wuss. I thought this was definitely one of the top tracks. 4.5/5.0 stars
10. Pushover-Unfortunately the album is downhill from here. Average filler track. 3.5 stars
11. Under the Wreckage-Didn't like this song at all. 2.5/3 stars
12. Staring Back-Ends on an average note. 3 stars

So basically 5 good songs, 5 filler/average, and 2 bad songs. Guess they are working the rust off their song writing. Regardless, pick it up as it's nice to hear new music from them. I definitely hope there is more to come and it doesn't take 7 years this time!!!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2012 9:08 AM PST

Daria: The Complete Animated Series
Daria: The Complete Animated Series
DVD ~ Tracy Grandstaff
Price: $12.99
16 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me be direct....You're standing on....A GREAT SERIES & DVD, May 20, 2010
I was a moderate fan of Daria when the show aired in the late 90's/early 2000's. It wasn't that I didn't like the show (I actually liked it quite a bit), just remember it being a show I'd see from time to time and remember it being decent. Funny, good writing, just simply entertaining. When I heard it was coming out on DVD I didn't have to think twice. The memories of watching the show were good ones, so I ordered it the day it came out (and ended up only having to pay 28 bucks-NEW-and this included shipping). Well I can say after having watched the first few episodes of the Daria Series Collection that the show seems to have held up well.

I guess if I could knock anything it might be the video quality. Grainy lines and bland reproduction are apparent in the episodes I've viewed, but this in no way takes away from the enjoyment of watching the episodes. Maybe I'm just spoiled in today's age of Blu-Ray. I'm not going to downgrade the DVD for not having the original music. Number one, everyone knows this that would be interested in this DVD. I wouldn't be telling you anything you didn't know. Additionally, inside the case there's a small note explaining why it isn't there (costly licensing). So nobody is trying to hide anything here. Number two-It's not that big of a deal. I'm frankly shocked everyone is so concerned about the original music being present. It's not like this is Beavis and Butthead where the music played a much more regularly present central role to the plot/action of the episodes. Personally, not being a person that remembered many of the episodes, the lack of original music so far has not taken away anything from my viewing experience. Guess I'm not sure what everyone's big problem with this is? If you like the music that much, go hop on ITunes??? Maybe buy some used CDs on Amazon???

In the end, if you remember liking/watching Daria, there's no reason not to pick this up. It's affordable. All the episodes (including the movies) are there. The show has held up well.

On a side note, I'm uncertain how people could have been reviewing this specific DVD collection in February of this year. It was released on May 12th (I believe) 2010. Maybe that's the most upsetting thing about this product-The Amazon Reviews. The point of a review is to review the product once you've used it, not to hype it or knock it, when the damn thing hasn't even been released. I don't care if you've seen all the episodes or not, until you use the actual product in question-DON'T REVIEW IT ON AMAZON!!!!!!!!!! It completely defeats the purpose of reviewing items.

Survive
Survive
Price: $13.28
25 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars An honor to be the first to review this album. A masterpiece!, March 11, 2010
This review is from: Survive (Audio CD)
First off, I'm a fan of punk rock. I like Bad Relgion, 88 Fingers Louie, Pennywise, Face to Face, older Rise Against (the 88 Fingers influenced stuff), Alkaline Trio, Dance Hall Crashers, The Bollweevils, The Descendents, Suicide Machines, and many more of course. I'm extremely proud to add to this list Much the Same.

This is melodic hardcore at its finest. Without going into a track by track breakdown, EVERY SONG on this album could be a single. Skeletons is my favorite, followed as a close second by The Greatest Betrayal, with Living a Lie probably as the third best track. You won't hear any whiney emo voices here. You won't hear any whiney emo topics here. As another reviewer stated, this band sings about life and experiences. Simply listen to the 30 sec track teasers. Each song is just as good as they initially sound to be. This album is magnificient from start to finish and I don't give praise like this to just any album.

Unfortunately, I do not think Much the Same is around anymore. This is a real tradgedy. Survive is a much better cd than Quitters Never Win, but that's also like saying a Ferrari is a much better sports car than a Porsche. Both cars are still awesome only one is about as good as it gets. Survive is a masterpiece I've recommended to any and all people I know that remotely like punk rock and even simply just rock music. Easily the best cd I purchased in 2009. I've listened to the entire album probably hundreds of times and I still listen to it regularly to this day.

Seriously for about 10 or 11 bucks, what do you have to lose? I only wish I heard of this band sooner and it's a shame they're gone. Thankfully we have the Survive album to remember them by. Easily an A++++++. Buy this without a doubt.

Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick
Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick
Offered by tmgames
Price: $129.99
11 used & new from $69.90

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, but time will tell, January 25, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
For about the last year I've been using a modded HRAP3 with Sanwa buttons. Of course, that's really the best you can get. It's done the job, and it's done it well. So after initially trying out the TVC stick it seems like it should do the job, for now that is.

The buttons seems a bit mushy, but still responsive. The weight of the stick feels good, definitely not as light as I was expecting. The gloss on the cover art has this sort of grit (matte finish) to it. I'm not really sure how else to explain it, but it feels decent resting your hands on it. Like it or not, at this time, the TVC stick is the best (and one of only a couple) option for an arcade stick on the Wii.

Ultimately, time will tell if this stick holds up to hour after hour of play. Regardless if it does or does not, I have confirmed this can be modded just as easily (and in the same way) as the SF4 SE sticks. So if parts break, replace them. And according to numerous other arcade stick sources, supposedly the parts on the TVC stick are a "higher quality" (not Sanwa) than the parts on the SF4 SE, so who knows, it may be good to go for quite some time.

So basically it's 80 dollars for the best Wii arcade stick on the market at this time. It's moddable, and based on my (and others) initial impressions, seems decent. Like it or not, it's really one of two options for an arcade stick on the Wii. Give it a shot and see what you think!
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2010 5:13 PM PDT

Vanilla Sky
Vanilla Sky
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $3.99
495 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an amazing movie!! And maybe just what you've always hoped to see., July 2, 2009
This review is from: Vanilla Sky (DVD)
I've loved Vanilla Sky since the first time I saw it. I instantly fell in love with it, so I'm definitely part of the "love it" camp. I'm not going to go too much into the details of the plot in this review as 788 people have said probably all that could be. I must caution potential viewers to please NOT allow your opinion of Tom Cruise to affect your opinion of this movie. He plays this role quite well and convincingly, as the David Ames character he plays might not be so different from the real Tom Cruise. Life immitating art, art immitating life...blah, blah, blah..

In short, it's a great film on many levels. It's a thriller, it's a drama, it makes you think. The ending is sad yet hopeful. As everyone has said, you'll probably either love and appreciate this film, or find it nothing but senseless junk. I definitely think this movie is a classic, that may be appreciated in a greater sense somewhere down the line. Right now, Tom Cruise's personal life overshadows how great this moview actually is.

Page: 1 | 2