Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Chris Warner > Reviews

Browse

Chris Warner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Warner RSS Feed

Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet
Smith Optics Forefront All Mountain Bike Helmet
Price: $105.57 - $336.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for safety, a proven winner, June 21, 2014
I have been riding with this helmet all summer. I love the safety science that went into the helmet's development. But hopefully I will never crash bad enough to test that feature out. I also love this for everyday riding (I am training for the Leadville 100 and several other endurance races so I am putting in a lot of miles/hours). It is cool in our 80-90 degree summer heat, breathing as well as my now dust collecting premium brand helmet. It fits great. The visor adjusts with one hand, while pedaling. Safe, comfortable and cool. Your head deserves it.

Topgrading, 3rd Edition: The Proven Hiring and Promoting Method That Turbocharges Company Performance
by Bradford D. Smart
Price: $23.77
159 used & new from $12.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, September 4, 2012
For most of us, hiring great team mates is one of our most challenging tasks. This book will remind you that you don't have to settle and why settling never yields profits or happiness. Brad Smart teaches a proven formula for interviewing and screening applicants. This is a book that should be required reading for all management. I own a business with 200 employees serving over 600,000 customers each year. We've grown based on the strength of our team. I also work with elite corporate and mission critical teams. These teams are successful because they are great at identifying A players and redeploying B players. Topgrading is a tool, not a lofty concept, that leaders can implement now and prosper from forever. You don't have to settle for mediocrity, when you have an easy to use tool at your disposal.

Sierra Designs Men's Vapor Hoody
Sierra Designs Men's Vapor Hoody

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fabric, great performance, December 29, 2010
I've only had this jacket for two weeks, but managed to test it in all sorts of conditions. It's been rock climbing and ice climbing, mountain biking and skiing. I've also tested in under a faucet to see just how advanced the fabric is (running water just rolls off...nothing soaks in). The fabric is really what sets this apart: highly breathable (despite a hardcore mountain biking session I was not lathered in sweat), highly stretchy (it climbed hard rock and ice routes) and warm (skiing in the 20's all I wore underneath was a mid weight shirt and vest). The hood is designed to fit over a helmet, but has plenty of elastic in the tightening system to get a good fit without a helmet. This is my new go to layer. I'll be using it all a year. It is one of those pieces that shows how materials make a whole new level of performance possible.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Technical Jacket in its class, December 20, 2010
I've been using this jacket on expeditions (K2, Nanga Parbat, Makalu) and ice climbing for the past few years. In fact I just got the latest version, making it my third edition. I've compared this to all the other synthetic, insulated technical jackets out there, and it keeps coming up at the top of the list. The fit is great (assuming you are active), the features are even better (from the pockets: depth and position, to the thumb holes, hood, and materials). I've worn it in the most unforgiveable environments and out to dinner in NYC.

Sierra Designs Convert 3 - 3 Person Single Wall Tent 2011
Sierra Designs Convert 3 - 3 Person Single Wall Tent 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tent on the Market, Proven in the Himalaya, December 20, 2010
I took this tent on an expedition to Mount Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world. It was a brutal season, with winds in excess of 70 mph most nights. The route we were on was very technical, so we had to place the tent where ever we could find a space (on the edge of crevasses, hidden behind seracs, on a knife edge ridge). The tent was blasted for over two months. It was bombarded by falling ice, and was once buried to the very top by an avalanche. This tent survived all of that abuse and is still in good enough shape for another expedition. I've been on 165+ international expeditions and this is the best tent I've ever used: big interior, strong and lightweight. For a team of three climbers it weighs in at less than 2 pounds per climber. You will love this tent, whether you are using it in the Himalaya or the Rockies.

Building Business Value: How to Command a Premium Price for Your Midsized Company
by Martin F. O'Neill
Price: $22.95
35 used & new from $0.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A Much Needed Guide for Small to Mid Sized Business Leaders, May 5, 2009
I came across "Building Business Value" at the perfect time. My company was growing fast, despite the recession, and we were looking at several opportunities. This book helped our leadership team improve our focus on the long term goals, guiding our short term actions.
I have read hundreds of business books and share the frustrations of many: books that offer 10 pages of value and 200 pages of fluff. The author's practical, real life experience in our shoes, wrestling with our issues, allowed him to pack the pages with practical, actionable advice.
We are hard at work, implementing Marty's strategies. This book is a great (and cheap) investment.