Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Brent > Reviews

Browse

Brent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brent RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Probability and Statistical Inference (9th Edition)
Probability and Statistical Inference (9th Edition)
by Dale L. Zimmerman
Price: $163.42
90 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book, does a terrible job explaining how to solve problems, March 20, 2015
Examples in the chapters don't explain each step of the solution. They don't provide the reader with an exact problem they're trying to solve. It simply starts with equations, then ends with equations, and doesn't provide the reader any sense of what is going on or why. Had to find an online version of the course, which provided much better explanations of the book and the concepts within.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2015 12:35 PM PDT

Champion Men's Open Bottom Eco Fleece Sweatpant, Black, Medium
Champion Men's Open Bottom Eco Fleece Sweatpant, Black, Medium
Price: $16.43
17 used & new from $15.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Love sweatpants in general, March 20, 2015
Love sweatpants in general, these are like any other. They shrink a bit in the wash, but not enough to warrant an increase in size; they arrive bigger than the size you buy.

Eurosocks  Board Zone Sock, Dark Grey, Large
Eurosocks Board Zone Sock, Dark Grey, Large
Price: $15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sock for $, March 20, 2015
Keep the feet warm! Not as warm as a wool sock, which I was expecting.

Clarks Men's Desert Boot,Black Leather,11 M US
Clarks Men's Desert Boot,Black Leather,11 M US
Offered by Paradise Shoes.
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-Made, but could use minor improvements to increase the fit., March 20, 2015
Comfortable shoe, made with good materials. The top of the shoe could really benefit from an additional pair of lace-holes above where it currently ends, closer to the leg. Right now it doesn't feel as secure of a fit as I would have liked -- another boot of mine has these and it feels much more snug.

Diesel Fuel for Life Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 4.2 Ounce
Diesel Fuel for Life Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 4.2 Ounce
Price: $63.21
34 used & new from $52.31

5.0 out of 5 stars people tell me I smell great on a consistent basis, December 28, 2014
I've been using this cologne since 2008 (6 years). Still haven't used a different brand since. Hopefully that says something regarding the product.

If that's not enough, people tell me I smell great on a consistent basis, guys and gals. Definitely a good pickup, and not something that a lot of people wear so you'll be original with it too.

Amazon.com Store Card
Amazon.com Store Card

4.0 out of 5 stars (Apparently) A good card with some minor inconveniences., December 28, 2014
Got this for the $40 off your purchase when you apply for the card, and ended up accidentally charging an order (I bought parts for a car stereo, then realized I forgot something and quickly purchased another item). Two things to note:

1) Your amazon account defaults to this as the payment option. Make sure the first thing you do, if you're like me and don't want to have to change your billing options each time, is to change your default payment option right back to what you had it at before. Do this and you won't make any accidental purchases.

2) When paying this bill online, note that when you make a payment it defaults to the very last possible day that the bill is due (before the interest kicks in). If you want to pay your bill early (which is what I like to do, in case something happens and I have to cover the bill a different way), make sure you select the current date in the payment screen. This is why it's missing a star; my BoA card payment process defaults to the current day you're making the payment, which is why #2 happened to me. If it used the current date by default, it would get my 5th star.

The other 4 stars is from reading the other reviews, and seeing that it's helped a lot of people finance products with zero finance; it seems if you know how to handle credit cards, you'll enjoy this one. Just be careful, it seems like they make it easy to screw up if you are not *very* careful. I'll probably close this account once this order is paid off, since I don't want two cards to deal with, but if there's a promotion that depends on you applying for this card, it's worth it.

Genius GX-Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 with Two Input Jacks for PC/TV/DVD/Game Devices
Genius GX-Gaming SW-G2.1 3000 with Two Input Jacks for PC/TV/DVD/Game Devices
Price: $76.00
33 used & new from $61.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken on Arrival -- Cannot be returned to Amazon!, June 24, 2013
Bought these speakers "like new" from Amazon Warehouse. They arrived only to have the power issue mentioned in several other posts -- and it's not the inactive-shutoff feature. When you turn on the control unit, the blue (power) LED turns on for half a second, then sputters out and dies, like a capacitor. NO sound comes out any of the speakers, and I am unable to return this to amazon, even on the day of its delivery due to "Hazardous Materials," which now has me worried for another reason besides its lack of functionality. I have no choice but to try and contact the manufacturer, however from what I've read this is almost an impossible feat.

From other reviews, know that there's no toggle as to which input you would prefer to listen to. One of the inputs automatically overrides the other. The mic connects to the computer via an aux cable (so mic in the front, aux cable to the microphone input for the computer), if anyone's curious.

**Edit: I talked to Amazon, and while they don't take returns, they still refunded my account for the charges -- thank you Amazon. I'll leave somewhat positive Amazon seller feedback, but this still gets one star for not working.

For any buyers considering this product, here's what I've gathered. These speakers are good for the money, and can sound very good for the money when they're tweaked with EQ settings (read the other reviews for best settings). However, look at all the lower star reviews, and understand there are many units that are sold that 'Just. Don't. Work.'

I personally believe that if you set the input volumes to 90%, and adjust your volume preferences from the control unit, you'll be okay on that auto shutoff feature (why it's there, I'm not sure). However, be sure to understand you're taking a gamble on buying this, as Amazon does not take returns on this product due to "hazardous/flammable materials" as listed in my order return webpage.

**Edit 2: After a few weeks of emails, I was able to work out a deal with the manufacturer on replacing the control unit. So far, everything's working okay. I have it hooked up to a Behringer mixing board, so I'm able to tweak the EQ for best results. I found that boosting the high treble (12khz and up, put it fairly high), slightly boosting the lower mids (the bass handled by the satelitte speakers and not the sub woofer), and backing off slightly on the lower frequencies a little bit made everything sound much better. The biggest part was the treble. If you get it just right, it sounds reaaaallly nice.

For comparision, I got the logitech ones (about 30 or 40 bucks more) and they blow this speaker set out of the water. If you don't mind the extra $$, it's definitely worth it. The subwoofer on this one is decent, but seems a bit 'cloudy' or dull compared to the 'pop' on the sub of the logitech THX set.

Red Dawn (2012)
Red Dawn (2012)
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely dreadful action movie, decent comedy if you enjoying laughing at awful movies., March 18, 2013
This review is from: Red Dawn (2012) (Amazon Video)
Saw this in movie theaters, absolutely horrible. Any good actor (aside the one from Thor, who is quite good) is killed off in the first few minutes. This leaves the viewer with a weak plot, terrible supporting cast, cheap production, and plot holes so wide I could navigate a battleship through them. When I saw someone blind firing an M249 over the top of a building, on full automatic and nothing to absorb the recoil, that's when I gave up on it.

Nevertheless, RD's a good comedy for those who like to laugh at awful movies, if you're into that.

Carhartt Men's Arctic Wool Heavy Boot Socks
Carhartt Men's Arctic Wool Heavy Boot Socks
Price: $13.99 - $26.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Thick, Seriously Warm, March 18, 2013
Bought these when weather was dropping to subzero temperatures at my school, and was not disappointed. As someone who has snowboarded in places from the Rockies, to Vermont, to Canada, to the Alps in Austria, I've never seen socks this thick (almost an inch of wool), nor as warm. Would suggest sock liners to wick any sweat from the feat, as that can actually make your feet cold (something you don't want). Shipped quickly too, very well done.

Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Saga
Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Saga
by Greg Bear
73 used & new from $1.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved the book., November 26, 2012
This book is the first in a trilogy about the Forerunner fight against the flood, and how the Halo universe that we know from the games came to be. Absolutely thrilling book about a young forerunner growing up in a rapidly changing world and coming of age. The beginning provides much insight into forerunner life, yet not too much to overload the reader. As the book progresses, more is revealed not only about forerunner society, but the threat they face as well.

Extremely well written, highly recommended. Numerous parts blew my mind when I first read through, and it's so good I'm currently on my third reading.

Page: 1 | 2