Profile for sleepy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sleepy RSS Feed

Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub - Oil Free - 5 oz
Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub - Oil Free - 5 oz
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $7.14
26 used & new from $3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars This product contains plastic that pollutes our water systems, February 22, 2014
This product seems to do a nice job making your skin feel clean with a tingly sensation (probably a mint-like chemical). I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin, but it could be that I'm not that sensitive to exfoliates. The real problem with this product is I learned that the ingredients include polyethylene which is a cheap plastic, so you're rubbing plastic bits on your face and it ends up polluting our oceans and lakes. I felt too ashamed to use this product after I learned this, and trashed it. I hope Johnson and Johnson can come up with an exfoliate that isn't made of plastic. You can search for "microbead exfoliation" to get more information about the problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 11:25 AM PDT

Peugeot 23348 Paris U'Select 10.75 Inch Salt Mill, Natural
Peugeot 23348 Paris U'Select 10.75 Inch Salt Mill, Natural
Price: $46.85
13 used & new from $40.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottom ring loose, Warranty not useful, June 25, 2012
I got this mill because I had the pepper one and wanted a matching set. Appearance-wise, it looks similar to the pepper mill, but I feel that the quality is not the same. The bottom ring on my salt mill was very hard to turn, and no matter how I set it, always seemed to be at the least coarse setting.

After 2 years of very occasional use, the bottom ring just popped off a little, and didn't go back on. Here are some photos that demonstrate it: [...]
I figured at such a price, the warranty would be reasonable. But apparently, since Peugeot is based in the UK, they subcontract their services in the US to another company. You have to ship the product to them at your own expense, then they will "examine" it for up to 6 weeks, and possibly ship you a repaired product if they feel like it's covered.

This seems a little unsatisfactory to me, given the premium this salt mill commands.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2013 10:17 AM PDT

Bamboo (Small) Pen Tablet with Pen Only
Bamboo (Small) Pen Tablet with Pen Only
6 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced my mouse, alleviated my carpal tunnel, fantastic customer service, January 20, 2009
I bought this tablet because using my mouse for too long was hurting my wrist, and I wanted to learn to draw in Photoshop. I decided on the wacom tablet because it had the best reviews, and was cheap compared to the other tablets.

The tablet has worked even better than I hoped, and I am about as quick with the tablet as with the mouse. I use mouse mode and can flick my cursor across the screen in no time. The pen is pressure sensitive so it draws like a real brush in Photoshop, and also has an eraser.

Unfortunately, the eraser is not pressure sensitive but I understand that the Bamboo Fun version does have a pressure senstitive eraser. For me, I rarely use the eraser so it's not a big deal.

Also, the first pen I received had a faulty eraser, and I called wacom and talked to an educated sounding person after a few minutes on hold. He shipped me a replacement pen with a return package so I could return my pen to them without paying for shipping.

The last great thing about this pen is it works so well with Opera's mouse gestures. I can close a window with barely a flick of the wrist, or open tabs in the background by drawing a small U over the link. It makes it a lot more fun to browse the web.

Cuisinart SPB7-20TXN Blender Blade Driver Clutch
Cuisinart SPB7-20TXN Blender Blade Driver Clutch
Offered by Sotabletop
Price: $11.49
2 used & new from $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get this unless you can remove the brass, May 19, 2008
I got this replacement clutch and realized the brass on the blender base was part of the clutch. I took apart the blender and spent about 3 hours trying to remove the brass clutch. Sadly, I could not remove it because the brass knob stripped immediately, and I ended up tossing the blender and this clutch. I should have read the reviews of the blender itself before getting this.

Laser Pod LaserPod- New Space Age Lava Lamp
Laser Pod LaserPod- New Space Age Lava Lamp

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Disappointed, Effects fairly simple, November 6, 2006
I just received this product in the mail today. I was fairly disappointed, especially after my friend hyped it up. It's basically either

1) red dots on a blue background, or

2) red wavy things

The diffusers basically just shut off the light, so I don't know what use they are. Also, you're only supposed to have it on for 4 hours.

Might be a good $10 toy, but not worth the $100 + shipping I paid for it.

Cross Ion and Matrix Gel Ink Refill, Nucleus Black, 1 per card (8516-1)
Cross Ion and Matrix Gel Ink Refill, Nucleus Black, 1 per card (8516-1)
Price: $4.99
17 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Cross Ion Ink Refills are terrible, June 5, 2006
I have 2 cross ion pens, which work fine out of the box. I've also tried 12 different refills, and more than half of them stopped working after a few days or don't work at all. I've had the best luck with black (3/4 are good), but the other colors are all very sketchy. Purple doesn't work at all, oranges and reds and green might work if you write slow enough. On the other hand, Cross will replace the refills for free, but it's still a hassle and you'll likely get non-working refills as a replacement too.

Casio Men's VA510SGA-9AV Waveceptor Solar Atomic Watch
Casio Men's VA510SGA-9AV Waveceptor Solar Atomic Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice modern watch, May 12, 2006
I got this watch about 2 weeks ago from Amazon. Like others have said, the back is light purple instead of the blue in the photo. I read the manual back to front twice to fully understand all the features of the watch. This review is just to complement the existing reviews of the watch, since others have already pointed out the positive features of the watch.

Minor Annoyances:
Autosyncing at 2am-5am on the hour: I'm usually up at those times and the LED light doesn't work when I want to check the watch during the 5-10 minutes it's syncing. So basically, I can't see the time that well.
Snooze: I use the watch as my primary alarm. One of the alarms, AL5 has a snooze function. But to turn off the snooze after it has gone off (go into timekeeping setup mode or alarm setup mode) takes a bit more effort than I like in an alarm, especially when I'm tired in the morning.
LED lights: the LED lights aren't that great. It's difficult to read the LCD even when they're on.
LCD display: A bit hard to read sometimes, and occasionally the hour and minute hands cover it.

Not Annoyances (things I expected might be annoying but aren't):
Sync Quality: I never have to do anything special to keep it synced after turning on autosync. You don't have to put it near a window like it says in the manual.
Battery: I haven't had to do anything special to keep the battery charged.
Everything else: works as expected.