Profile for C. Star > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Star "C R E" RSS Feed (boston, ma)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Paracord - Guaranteed MilSpec C-5040H Compliant, 8-Strand, Type III, Military Survival 550 Parachute Cord. 110 Ft. Hank of OLIVE DRAB (OD) Green 107, Made in the U.S. from 100% Nylon. Includes FREE EBook: "We Love MilSpec Paracord and So Will You!" and Your Own Copy of MIL-C-5040H. By Paracord 550 MilSpec (TM).
Offered by WebMagicMarketing, LLC
Price: $15.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Army strong., April 2, 2015
Appears to be the exact same thing we used in the Infantry. Very strong. This is the one you want if you know 550 cord. You can always use more than you think and I will need to order again and will probably go with the longest length possible because you can never have enough.

25-Pack 7/64" Stainless Steel Screw Eye Rings
25-Pack 7/64" Stainless Steel Screw Eye Rings
Offered by Super Z Outlet
Price: $4.99
7 used & new from $1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars miniature, very, very small eye rings, April 2, 2015
I did not realize these are miniature, very, very small eye rings. The picture is deceiving. Back up 100 feet and then the object will appear correct in the picture.

Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Shiny Black, Vermillon)
Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Shiny Black, Vermillon)
Price: $16.20
36 used & new from $9.93

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought they were fine. Did not get foggy, March 6, 2015
This review is from: Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Sports)
Recently used for three days skiing in Utah. I thought they were fine. Did not get foggy. Did the job. For the price it is hard to get better. The pink tint is great for cloudy days and not so good on sunny days.

Sunbeam Microplush Throw Camelot Cuddler Electric Heated Warming Blanket, Ivy Green
Offered by NewEra Products
Price: $54.75
6 used & new from $35.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Now my wife and I wish we bought the larger one because we both want to be under the wonderful heated blanket, March 6, 2015
I bought the twin size for watching TV. Now my wife and I wish we bought the larger one because we both want to be under the wonderful heated blanket!

Darn Tough OTC Padded Cushion Socks Charcoal Mens Sz L
Darn Tough OTC Padded Cushion Socks Charcoal Mens Sz L
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars These are not super thick but still good in your average cold day, March 6, 2015
I bought these for the crazy winter we have had in MA and for skiing. In both cases, they fit well, stay up above the calf, and are warm. There might be a kind that is thicker for sever cold weather. These are not super thick but still good in your average cold day.

Black Diamond Mercury Mitts Cold Weather Mittens, Black, Large
Black Diamond Mercury Mitts Cold Weather Mittens, Black, Large
Price: $109.95
2 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't want cold hands in extreme cold weather ..., March 6, 2015
If you don't want cold hands in extreme cold weather, these gloves will do the job. These are not your everyday gloves. I used them shoveling in 25 deg. temps and they were so warm my hands were sweating. I went skiing and wore these only when the temps were 20 deg. or less. One freezing day, less than 0, I did not feel the slightest bit of cold in my fingers even as my face felt frostbitten.

Samsung 64GB PRO Micro SDXC with Adapter - up to 70 MB/s - UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGBA/AM)
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $48.79
6 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., August 26, 2014
Excellent. Has worked perfectly for approximately one year now in my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage: A novel (Vintage International)

4.0 out of 5 stars Our mind can be our worst enemy, August 26, 2014
I really enjoyed the latest Murakami book after much anticipation. I especially liked the struggle the character had created in his mind based on his perceptions, and after having sought out the truth, he was able to understand everything much more clearly. I often do this myself and it was helpful personally.

Even if you have never read Murakami before, this is a book that you could start without knowing anything about his past works. I would read his earlier work first but it is not necessary.

Sputnik Sweetheart (Vintage International)
Sputnik Sweetheart (Vintage International)

5.0 out of 5 stars really liked this book, June 2, 2014
I ended up enjoying this book far more than I expected. There is one part of the story that I constantly think about: when the women is stuck on the ferris wheel and sees herself in her apartment off in the distance. This notion of alternate realities, or only in strange places where the energy is just right, is a theme of his in some ways, but this story really plays on that angle. Like, you can start living in your dream if you try. Cool idea that only a Murakami book can make seem plausible and natural. One of the reasons I can't stop reading his books.

Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (Vintage International)
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (Vintage International)

4.0 out of 5 stars Short stories are good, June 2, 2014
I read everything Murakami writes and can say that I enjoyed the short stories. I sometimes was frustrated because they were short stories and I would have liked the story to continue. Not wanting them to stop is positive in some sense, negative in another. I often felt they were writing ideas that he had and was starting stories and then stopping. So this sometimes meant that the story would develop nicely and then abruptly end when I would want another 400 pages. I guess that means I like his stories too much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4