Profile for Mr. Adam C. Franklin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Adam C. Franklin "@Franklin_Adam" RSS Feed (Bondi, Sydney)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Do You Talk Funny? 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (and Funnier) Public Speaker
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Phew. We can all be funny!, April 29, 2015
Even if you aren't a professional speaker this book is a fantastic read. I can vouch that you need to be careful of reading it in public as people will at you funny when you burst out laughing --- as I did many times onboard a flight. If you are required to do a business talk in public (as a volunteer or paid professional), this book will save you and your audience the agony and awkwardness of a boring presentation.

The big take home for me was that everyone has funny stories that we can uncover and weave into a business presentation. You don't need to be a naturally funny person. I'm not. In fact David reassures us that many of the best comedians are not actually funny people but they can give funny presentations because the follow a process and have practiced it. David shares the process in this book

The free book resources are equally valuable because you can watch the videos of the actual stories David shares in the book.

Spin Sucks: Communication and Reputation Management in the Digital Age (Que Biz-Tech)
by Gini Dietrich
Price: $16.88
59 used & new from $10.61

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Spin' no longer cuts the mustard -- learn what to do instead., April 28, 2015
Gini is a true PR gem. Through the pages of this book we get an education and an insight into what we must be doing as business owners and marketers in the online world. The rules have changed and 'spin' no longer cuts the mustard. Gini teaches us what it takes to succeed with PR in the transparent online world.

The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (And Why They Don't)
The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (And Why They Don't)
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An effortless journey into the psychology of marketing, April 28, 2015
The obstacle stopping me from buying The Brain Audit was really a matter "when" not "if". I knew I wanted to dive deeper in Sean's material based on his podcast and emails.

As a result of buying the product, I found that it was a much easier read than I expected and I uncovered some areas where I could make huge improvements with little tweaks, namely having better testimonials.

The specific feature I liked most about The Brain Audit was understanding the importance of testimonials and how to properly construct them.

Another benefit was that I understood why you need to identify one problem at a time and address each in sequence.

I would recommend this product because if you sell anything (and we all do), then Sean's clear 7 red bag analogy is an easy framework to implement to ensure you don't let sales fall through the cracks.

I'd add that Sean's deep understanding of psychology and marketing is impressive and the fact that he effortlessly passes on this wisdom is a testament to his teaching style.

Mastermind Dinners: Build Lifelong Relationships by Connecting Experts, Influencers, and Linchpins
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very valuable, April 16, 2015
This book is now my blueprint for mastermind dinners. I would've made some silly mistakes had I not read this first!

Unstoppable Referrals: 10x Referrals Half the Effort
Unstoppable Referrals: 10x Referrals Half the Effort
Price: $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars No pressure referrals, that work -- brilliant stuff., April 2, 2015
Steve acknowledges that the traditional referral model, whilst it can be effective, is an incredibly uncomfortable one (which means it rarely gets implemented). It simply goes like this, “ask happy customers for referrals.” But it is severely flawed and here’s why.

If I have a great experience with a vendor, say my insurance guy, he asks me to refer him to a friend who may also benefit from his services. This is flawed because it puts me under pressure to ‘dob someone in’ for what is essentially a sales call. Plus it puts my friend in the position where he is under implicit sales pressure — he must either reject the sales offer and risk offending me and my vendor, or walk away with a lighter wallet. Not a pleasant position. Any business owner is conscious of the uncomfortable position we put people in by asking them for referrals, so we don’t do it. And fair enough too. But there is a better way.

Create an educational “referral kit” that people can give to their friends for free, that includes no contact with you (the seller). This eliminate any sales pressure because they are not being asked to meet with you, and it makes you easy to refer because people can now able to ‘help’ their friends, not ‘dob’ them in for sales call. Then once a prospect has consumed your valuable material they are then in the position where they can contact you. A much more pleasant and effective referral approach.

You, Inc.
You, Inc.
by John McGrath
13 used & new from $10.52

5.0 out of 5 stars McGrath is a great success case study, March 1, 2015
This review is from: You, Inc. (Paperback)
Given this book was written in 2003, and knowing that John McGrath has continued his stellar success in the decade since then, it was really interesting to read about his philosophies from the early(ish) days. Through the pages of the book, I saw John applying many business principles to his own company and it was fascinating to see it all through the McGrath lens. A great read.

How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network into Profits
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Judy's 3 golden questions are "gold" ;-), February 28, 2015
A really practical book, with lots of stories to drive the points home. I've taken loads of notes including Judy's 3 golden questions to ask, how to connect with the right people at conferences (and do your homework beforehand) and what to look for in people who you nurture in your network.

Finance Action Hero, Part 1: Basic Training
Finance Action Hero, Part 1: Basic Training
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical & fun finance book! (True story), February 21, 2015
This book is a light (but powerful) read. Peita has written book on personal finance that not only doesn't put you to sleep but is practical in a way that I've seldom seen on this topic. Hats off!

Sticky Branding: 12.5 Principles to Stand Out, Attract Customers, and Grow an Incredible Brand
by Jeremy Miller
Price: $17.36
34 used & new from $13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars A human and easy to understand journey into branding, January 29, 2015
Branding is an area I've tippy toed around because I often get confused by so many different interpretations. Now I can clearly see that when 'what you say about your company' actually matches up with 'what people experience and say about your company' then you are onto a winner aka a Sticky Brand. Thanks Jeremy.
Disclosure: I was gifted a copy of the Kindle book and I interviewed Jeremy for my podcast.

microDomination: How to leverage social media and content marketing to build a mini-business empire around your personal brand
by Trevor D. Young
Price: $19.62
38 used & new from $8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars How to build your profile, January 22, 2015
Trevor's show us how to build a personal brand (and business) like the best in the game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4