Profile for Jonathan Joyner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan Joyner RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Regime: Evil Advances (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 2)
The Regime: Evil Advances (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 2)
by Jerry B. Jenkins
Price: $11.48
114 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than "The Rising", March 10, 2014
This book is better than "The Rising" in my opinion. This story depicts the lives of Rayford Steele, Cameron Williams, and Nicolae Carpathia. There is enough drama in these characters' lives to keep you reading. Please note, I'm reading the prequels first to get a better understanding of the characters and their backgrounds. The prequels probably wouldn't be as good if you read them last, because there are not as many exiting moments as I imagine the original series has.

The Rising: Antichrist Is Born (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 1)
The Rising: Antichrist Is Born (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 1)
by Jerry B. Jenkins
Price: $13.17
206 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Book!, March 10, 2014
Please note, I'm not much of a reader, but I found myself finishing this book in about 5 days. This is the first "Left Behind" book I've read because I wanted to read the prequels first. It has a slow start, but it gets better. I don't think I would like the book as much if I read the original series first, because it's not as intense as I would expect the others to be, so you would kind of transition from reading about all this destruction in the world, to asking yourself "When's this demon kid gonna be born already?!" But the book is worth it when you get there, you just have to push yourself. I would recommend it if you haven't read any of the Left Behind books yet, but not really necessary if you have.

Cremona SV-130 Premier Novice Violin, Full-Size
Cremona SV-130 Premier Novice Violin, Full-Size
Price: $167.87
6 used & new from $150.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Beginner's Violin!, February 11, 2014
Cremona is probably the best beginner violin brand because they care about quality. I've had this violin for 2 months now and it's still worth the price. The bow isn't really a high quality bow, but I don't think any beginner violin will have one. It's not a bad bow by any means, just don't expect a real fancy one. I bought this violin because it was highly recommended on a website as being the best beginner violin, and I can see why. I'm currently taking lessons and it sounds great. I recommend buying different rosin, because the kind this comes with is hard to use. Please don't buy some $30 piece of junk, it probably won't last a day.

The Apocalypse Collection
The Apocalypse Collection
DVD ~ Jeff Fahey
Price: $26.66
7 used & new from $18.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Left Behind movies!, April 13, 2013
This review is from: The Apocalypse Collection (DVD)
Left Behind was okay, but not as good as the books. This series, however, was really good. Since no one here has done a review for each film, I figured I would do one.

.Apocalypse= The first movie in the series. It starts with the battle of Armageddon about to start, when all of a sudden the rapture takes place. The antichrist comes and brings peace to the world. A news reporter, Helen Hannah (Leigh Lewis), tries to convince her boyfriend that God is real and that the rapture has taken place. Meanwhile, Christians are being captured and arrested for their beliefs. I thought it was a good start to the series because it had action scenes and things that Left Behind didn't.

.Revelation= The second movie in the series. The Christians left behind discover a new technology, a pair of high tech goggles that can transport you anywhere you want, virtually of coarse. But they soon discover that things might be more real than they thought. I liked it better than the first film. The plot is starting to get thicker and the characters are developing. It also has a lot more action than the first film.

.Tribulation= The third film in the series. This movie starts before the tribulation. A detective ends up in a car crash and goes into a coma. When he wakes up, the rapture has already taken place. He soon becomes hunted by the authorities to receive the mark of the beast. This one was my favorite in the series. It had the most action and most surprises.

.Judgement= The forth film in the series. A Christian is put on trial on live television. Her lawyer tries to get her to take the mark so she can go free, all while she is trying to convert him. Meanwhile, other Christians plot to break her out. This was my least favorite in the series, but it had Mr. T in it so it wasn't all bad. Most of the movie was in a courtroom, though. I heard Cloud Ten plans on making a fifth film, so at least it doesn't end here.

I highly recommend this series if you're wondering what the tribulation will be like.

Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus - Volume 1
Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus - Volume 1
by Brian Michael Bendis
Price: $62.49
42 used & new from $51.65

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Spider-Man series!, June 29, 2012
First off, let me say that I've played the video game "Ultimate Spider-Man" before I knew it was a comic book series. It was my favorite Spider-Man game ever. When I found out it was a comic book series, I decided to buy it and give it a go. This is a really good series. This omnibus collects Ultimate Spider-Man #1-39 and 1/2. It retells Spider-Man's origin and includes some of the best villains to ever appear in comics, including Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, and my personal favorite, Venom. The Green Goblin is i bit different in this series because he doesn't ride around on a glider, but looks more like a bald Hulk with horns and a purple robe. I especially love the art in this series. It has a new art look, different from "The Amazing Spider-Man". It also has a different layout, to fit in today's comic book style. I highly recommend this series for any Spider-Man fan!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 11:17 PM PDT

Captain America: Super Soldier - Xbox 360
Captain America: Super Soldier - Xbox 360
Offered by ILC (From Japan)
Price: $88.78
33 used & new from $11.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Captain America: Super Soldier, May 15, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
To be honest, I'm a huge Captain America fan because of his determination and patriotic style, but this game isn't that fun. It could have been a whole lot better. Still, this game can be fun at first, but there's no replay value. If you're a Captain America fan and you want to add it to your collection, go ahead. But, if you're just looking for an epic game to play, this game will be a disappointment.

Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots
DVD ~ Antonio Banderas
Price: $9.14
78 used & new from $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Puss in Boots Review, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Puss in Boots (DVD)
Puss in Boots was okay, but it was nowhere near as good as Shrek. There were some parts where I giggled, but overall, this movie seemed a little more serious than funny.

Shrek: The Whole Story Boxed Set (Shrek / Shrek 2 / Shrek the Third / Shrek Forever After)
DVD ~ Mike Myers
Price: $27.79
5 used & new from $22.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Shrek: The Whole Story Review, April 1, 2012
This Shrek set is really good! It contains all 4 full length films. No, the Christmas special is not included, or any other Shrek short film. But, this is still a great set to buy!
EDIT: I made a mistake, the Christmas special is included. It's in the Final Chapter DVD case.

Madden NFL 10 - PlayStation 2
Madden NFL 10 - PlayStation 2
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $18.12
66 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Madden NFL 10 Review, April 1, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game is pretty good for a PS2 game. The graphics are pretty good, but in my opinion, the graphics aren't what makes the game fun. The gameplay is decent. I'm not sure why people trash EA Sports, I don't see anything wrong with their games. I recommend buying this game!

Reebok Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Champions Commemorative Cap Adjustable
Reebok Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Champions Commemorative Cap Adjustable

5.0 out of 5 stars Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Hat, March 19, 2012
This is a really good hat. It is designed very nicely. It is also adjustable in the back with velcro. I highly recommend this hat for any Miami Dolphin fan like me.

Page: 1 | 2