Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Nate L > Reviews

Browse

Nate L's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nate L RSS Feed

Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer
Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer
Price: $81.86
40 used & new from $57.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Compared to other computers. This one is reasonably priced., July 6, 2013
This computer works great. It has a a single sensor piece that tracks both speed and cadence. Setup was easy. Only issue was that some of the pieces feel kind of cheap. I also ended up ordering the HR sensor, because I felt that that piece was worth adding. So, if you're up for it, go ahead and buy the Cateye 430 which includes cadence, speed, and HR. I was looking at the Garmin 500 or 510, and I just could not justify spending 400 dollars on the entire package. This whole package came in at an amount well below the Garmin prices. As far as Strava, I always carry my Android phone and track with that. The phone uploads all the distance and speed data to the strava website automatically when internet is available. I also always carry my phone in case of emergency. I compared some of the figures such as distance and speed from the phone and the Cateye unit, and measurements from the Cateye were very close. For example, on a ride my top speed was 28.8 mph on the Cateye and the top speed on the GPS from phone was 28.6. The cadence feature is one of the main reasons I wanted to add this computer to my bike. I'm rehabbing from a knee injury and want to make sure that I am spinning at a good range of 90-110, and this unit provides that all important stat!

MCR Strength Muscle Clamp, Blue (Pair)
MCR Strength Muscle Clamp, Blue (Pair)
Price: $44.49
7 used & new from $40.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for slow lifts!, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Mcr Strength Muscle Clamp (Sports)
At the time of writing this review, I have owned these clamps for a little over a year. I use these clamps for bench, press, squat, and deadlift! Please note that I own a power rack, so if you're benching without a rack or spotter arms, then you probably don't want to use clamps as I do. For me, if I can't lift something I just lay it down on my spotters. The benefit of the clamp on my lifts is simply to keep the weights from sliding or shifting. On squat, sometimes one side can dip lower than the other walking out the weight, and that's where these come in handy. These are the quickest and easiest clamps I have ever used. Nice features include rubber on the inside to make contact smooth with the bar. I've read that these perform poorly on Olympic lifts where weight is being dropped, but I don't do any of those kinds of lifts. I do good old fashioned powerlifts. I've tried springs and Rogue HG clamps. The HG clamps are also good, but aren't as fast and easy. I'd say the HG would be more suitable for Olympic lifting.

NiteRider Solas Tail Light
NiteRider Solas Tail Light
Offered by Bike A Mile
Price: $38.49
11 used & new from $38.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and bright light!, March 15, 2013
The performance of the light is excellent. The power button on top could use some work, as it's overly hard to press. Nice and bright light from the back view which gives good leak to the sides as well. I definitely like that the light can be installed or removed without a screwdriver. Really, most bike accessories should come with easy on and off mounting such as provided in this package. I also have the Niterider Lumina 650 and the mounts on that light also include the same kind of no-tool screw attachment. I do feel that the plastic for the mounts is not as strong as they should be. I feel like I could snap it off easy, which I think should not be a worry for a rear light in this price range. Still, the light will get you seen, and that's the most important. I run mine in the daytime when riding on the streets and I feel safer with this light on.

Feather Double Edge Shaving Razor
Feather Double Edge Shaving Razor
Offered by Top Shelf Barber Supplies
Price: $12.61
20 used & new from $12.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant!, May 5, 2012
This is a nice DE razor. I own a Merkur HD 180 and this Feather handle. The feather is surprisingly less aggressive than the 180. This is a good thing for me, since I'm just learning. If you're on the fence about 3 piece, 2 piece, or this 1 piece design, it really doesn't matter. I like the Merkur because I can take it completely apart to dry. The feather is also good because it only requires a twist to change blades. No matter what, you're going to have to handle the blade with you're fingers to change them, so one is not actually safer than the other. I alternate shaving between the 180 and the feather. I keep coming back to the feather because it shaves less aggressively, and shaves cleanly without as much irritation. I've never used any other blade in this feather razor besides feather's own blades. I will say about the feather blades that you have to shave with good form, because these blades cut very well! Feather's own brand for razor and blade really are a perfect match. Other blades that I have tried are Astra SP and Sharks Super Chrome. And those shave well too, and are not as likely to cause cuts you didn't realize as the feather blades. However, I use those with the Merkur. What I did was buy both astras and feathers packs of blades, because I like both of those very much.
Here's how I got into DE shaving. I'm coming from Gillette fusion pro glide! I was searching for some shaving cream other than the canned stuff, and somehow in my search, got turned to the world of classic shaving. I can say that the DE is a superior shave to the cartridges. The blades are extremely sharp, so care has to be taken when switching to a DE. Overall, I've gotten much closer shaves and I actually shave more often now! Just take your time and use very very little pressure or none at all, and you will see how incredible real razors are!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful!, March 8, 2011
I have my notebook connected to the tv, and before purchasing this device, I would have to get up to type or use my wireless mouse to type with windows on-screen keyboard. Now, no more getting up, and no need for a separate mouse and keyboard. The device is compact, but yet not too small or big. I'd say it's just perfectly sized. There's a rechargeable battery, which lasts pretty long. The box says the battery will last a month, and I think it's fairly accurate. The only thing I can really fault is the slightly high price. However, the product is in a fairly new category, which I would consider to be an early consumer adopter category, so the price is fair at this point in time. I'd recommend this product for anyone that has a computer or similar device connected to a tv, and doesn't want to have to get up to type or move the cursor on the screen. Also, built-in is a laser pointer, which may come in handy for presentations. This product has really helped my situation, and let me just be able to sit back and relax. My laptop has essentially just become a hub, that I control through this device. Lastly, I actually typed this whole review on this product's keyboard! Fantastic!

Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
7 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDR XB500, November 2, 2010
These headphones are incredible for the price. No, I'm mistaken, these headphones are just amazing! It hits like a subwoofer in your ear. No joke!! Buy them now! I wasted money on two pair of in ear headphones, and neither one satisfied me. I wanted bass that hit! These hit!! Wish I could return the other two items after getting these, but I guess they make good phones for the gym or school. I bought the Sony's for about $50 on Amazon. I was debating getting the XB700 or the XB500, and ended up settling with the XB500. Not sure how much better the higher model is, but I saved a little money, and these headphones more than satisfy. A steal for $50. I also tried compared the Sony's to Beats by Dre over ear at a local store, which the Sony's massacre. And for only 50 bucks compared to 300. I've watched movies with the Sony and music. Movies sound like you're in a theather, so great! For anyone that says these are no good, they probably don't have enough power going to them. I have a newer laptop, so everything is good, but I also have an equalizer. I don't see why anyone wouldn't have an equalizer anyways though. I mean how are you going to make the headphones sound good without setting it to the preferences that sound good to you? Overall, very satisfied, and the XB500s are so comfortable!