Profile for Gerald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gerald RSS Feed

ChapStick Moisturizer Green Apple Skin Protectant / Sunscreen SPF 15, 0.15 Oz (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 13, 2014
The best ChapStick flavor ever!!!

So glad I found this on Amazon because they had been discontinued in stores.

Sonax FB-2600 Fiji 60-Inch TV Component Bench, Ravenwood Black
Sonax FB-2600 Fiji 60-Inch TV Component Bench, Ravenwood Black
Price: $169.98
10 used & new from $169.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect stand for my New 60" Plasma, June 11, 2012
This stand is extremely solid and very easy to assemble. I put it together by myself within 45 min while watching a ballgame. What I love best about this stand is that my new 60" plasma TV that weights 90lbs is NOT setting on a shelf that is made of glass. This stand looks amazing and really compliments my TV beautifully. The shelves are tall and deep enough for the larger components that some people have. Also the back panel when assembled leaves a 2" opening at the top to allow for great ventilation and also provides a wonderful way to conceal all your cables.

I have been looking for several weeks now for a stand that:
1) Top shelf was not made of glass - on this stand all shelves are of strong, quality wood -
2) Had glass doors to keep dust out
3) Price under $300
4) Black in color

The packaging of this stand was amazing. You do not have to worry about it getting damaged during shipping.

This is by far the best stand that I found for the price. It could easily accommodate a 65" TV.

I highly recommend this stand.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 11:03 AM PST

Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
6 used & new from $115.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great Blu Ray player - even the remote -, June 9, 2012
The picture quality coming from this player is just stunning when playing Blu Ray DVDs.
The up scaling this player provides is the best I have ever seen when I play my older DVDs.

The setup on this player was extremely easy and straight forward. It found & connected to my wireless
router within seconds. After it connected to the internet I updated its firmware. I then went and connected to my Netflix account. The video streaming has been Seamless and flawless every time I have went to Netflix. I have experienced Zero video streaming issues. It has never stopped, paused or required me to reconnect while watching any movie or TV show on Netflix.

The player also looks sleek and sexy just setting there.

---------------------------------------------------

Now let me address the remote that the Panasonic DMP-BDT320 comes with. For I'm sure you have read a ton of reviews saying that its remote is nothing short of being a piece of junk.

Well PLEASE TRUST me when I say this. It's remote is one of the best things about this player. It's very comfortable in your hand and works beautifully. If you have a touch screen smart phone or a Apple IPad it works the very same way. Just sweep you finger across the area and it responds. On the remote there is a KEYS button that you press to display the commands on the TV screen. That way all you need to do is look at the TV screen and swipe your finger. This is so much easier than trying to see your remote in the dark.

Please do yourself a big favor and please disregard all the negative comments about this players remote not be very user friendly.

I almost didn't order this player because of those reviews but I am SOOOOOOO glad I didn't listen to them.

I highly recommend the Panasonic DMP BDT320 Blu Ray Player to everyone.

5 stars from me .....

---------------------------------------------------

Update 6/30/12

I have been experiencing Netflix timeouts from time to time after watching several TV shows back to back or watching a long movie. I could not get this to stop and thought it was in the players settings somewhere or it was a player issue.

So I began to do research on this Blu Ray player to see if anyone else was having this Netflix issue. To my pleasant surprise there were several DMP-BDT320 owners experiencing the same issues but what I uncovered was that the problem was not with the player but with my Netflix settings.

Until now. The NetFlix problem is not inside the BDT320. It is in Netflix. Specifically your "Manage Video Quality" settings.

By default it is not set to anything.

Below is how to fix the Netflix timing out issues.

To fix this simply Go to Netflix.com, log into your account, and click on the link in the upper right called "Your Account & Help". Scroll down to the "Instant Watching" section and click on the link for "Manage Video Quality".

You will need to choose one of the following options ... Good, Better, or Best ( you will probably notice NONE of these options are selected - that is the problem).

Note - it took about two days for the new setting to kick in. So be patient.

No more Netflix timeouts!!!!

Good luck

LG 60PA6500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV (2012 Model)
LG 60PA6500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT tv!!!, June 9, 2012
OK I thought it was only fitting that I should take the time to give my review of this TV since I read the reviews of so many others before I made my purchase.

First off let me say a big THANK YOU to all those that posted your review on this TV. They were all very helpful in my decision making process.

I went and picked up my LG 60PA6500 Plasma TV from a local store on Thursday 6/7/12. Paid $999.00

I set the TV on our new 60" component stand and getting the TV from the box, to it being ready to set on our new TV stand was as simple as it gets. Three screws to put the stand together and four screws to mount the stand to the TV.

TIP: when mounting the stand to the TV simply put the TV on the box that it came in - screen side down with a blanket on the box to prevent scratching the screen - and then just slide the stand into the TV. This way the TV is up off the ground enough to allow the stand to be put into place with out having to lift the TV into an awkward position. Therefore eliminating the possibility of cracking the screen. The stand is very sturdy and I love the swivel motion it has.

Once the TV was into place and hooked up, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! This is truly a beautiful display.
The colors were breath taking and the images very sharp. This is all before I turned off the Energy saving mode
that everyone has recommended to be done. I did that and yes it makes a big difference.

I then went and took the time to input the IRE custom settings that are posted on this site and after doing so I just could not believe my eyes. The image on this TV now is the best that I had ever seen anywhere period.

Trust me when I say it has an amazing, Amazing, AMAZING picture!

I have read all the black level arguments on how LG is not up to par with the Panasonic's and the Samsung's but let me tell ya. I was able to go and see them all side by side at the local store where I bought mine and there is no way I could ever justify the huge price difference. The PA6500 is a top tier Plasma display in the LG line. It is not a 3D/Smart TV which makes it all the more appealing to me because I do all my internet streaming with my Panasonic blu ray player.

The speakers are pretty good for a very thin TV but I do not use them because I have all my sound going into my Bose Surround. The thin bezel really makes this display look sleek and sexy when the TV is not on. It truly is a beautiful TV.

Here are the components I have hooked up to my LG 60PA6500 Plasma TV.
1) HD cable box via HDMI cable
2) Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Blu Ray Player via HDMI cable
3) From TV to my Bose Lifestyle 35 surround sound system via Optical cable

My only regret is that I waited so long to upgrade from my 55" rear projection TV.

I highly recommend the PA6500 Plasma TV by LG. I give it 5 stars.....

-----------------

Update on 6/21/12

Here are some SIMPLE settings that I'm pretty happy with so far:

Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Green: -12
Blue: -10

NO COLOR MANAGEMENT
Everything should be "0"
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2012 5:38 PM PDT

Bose (40390) SL2 wireless surround link
Bose (40390) SL2 wireless surround link
8 used & new from $285.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This Saves a lot of work!!, April 18, 2012
I had just recently sold my custom built home as to where all my speaker cables was ran inside my walls upon building my house. Our new home we did not build so there was no wires in place to hook up our rear speakers to our Bose Lifestyle 35 System and in order to get the rear speakers hooked up it was going to require going over 3 doors and a fireplace with speaker wire. Now it could have been done but I am someone who just doesn't like to see wires where there shouldn't be wires. As I was considering going under the house to fish wires into the walls I remembered a email I received a couple of years ago from Bose talking about this new way to hook up your rear surround speakers with out having to run wires from the front of the room to the back. So I went to there website and saw the SL2 wireless surround link.

This thing works great and is SO EASY to install. The transmitter and its receiver are 16' apart and there is no problem at all with them communicating with each other. I can't even tell that it's not hard wired because the sound quality is the same as in my previous house.

I can't express enough how thankful I am that I remembered that Bose made this product. It truly saved me a lot of work.