Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for JAMES W WIEDMAN > Reviews

Browse

JAMES W WIEDMAN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JAMES W WIEDMAN "Jim Wiedman" RSS Feed (Bowie, MD United States)

Wireless Charger,Yootech Qi Wireless Charging Pad for Galaxy S7,Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6,Note 5 ,S6 Edge+,S6 Edge, Nexus 4/5/6 and All Qi-Enabled Devices
Offered by YooTech
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough to balance a large phone on this small charger, January 15, 2016
This does the job for my Nexus 6, but the charger is so small, and my phone is so big, that I find it difficult to 1) find the right spot for charging, and 2) balance my phone on the charger. It's not bad, but it is not quick. I finally gave up and plug in my phone to charge it.

Moody Cow Meditates
Moody Cow Meditates
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, hard to read on Kindle, June 3, 2014
I like the book, and my daughter does too, but it is difficult to read on a Kindle app. The text and images are too small.

Transparent Hot Water Bottle Premium
Transparent Hot Water Bottle Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays warm for a long time!, March 27, 2014
We have three of these water bottles now. They take a little longer to feel warm than other products, but they stay warm far longer than other water bottles we've used. I use it in my kids beds at night and frequently find that the still feel warm the next morning.

Hot Hippo (African Animal Tales)
Hot Hippo (African Animal Tales)
by Mwenye Hadithi
Price: $10.99
53 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year-old loves it!, February 10, 2014
My wife found this book when she was on a trip to Kenya and brought it back for our 4 year-old. My daughter loves it. The illustrations are wonderful and the story is cute.

Moen 3868Epbn Showering Accessories-Basic Eco-Performance Handheld Shower, Brushed Nickel
Price: $169.79
11 used & new from $169.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Shower, June 10, 2012
This is a good shower and was easy to install (other than drilling large holes through tile). It looks good and works well. The hose could be better quality -- it is chrome while the rest is brushed nickel.

Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
11 used & new from $50.99

2.0 out of 5 stars WiFi Hit and Miss, July 22, 2011
The printer is fine through the USB connection and my wired computer can print to it, but wireless laptops cannot. I am suspect that my wireless access point does not route between wireless devices, but this is not the straight-forward setup I expected.

Palm Programming for the Absolute Beginner w/CD
Palm Programming for the Absolute Beginner w/CD
by Andrew Harris
29 used & new from $0.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Marketing tool for PocketC, March 17, 2002
This book does not make clear on its cover that it teaches you to write applets, *not* standard Palm applications.
What is far worse, is that it claims it includes all the tools necessary to use the book. However, the desktop compiler refuses to work on any of the source after chapter 1 (it only supports code up to 768 characters). In order to complete the examples in the book, you must either purchase the full version (at least [more money]) of PDE, or write and compile everything on your palm top.
Many other reviewers of this product apperently have been programming for a long time, and have purchased PDE already. They fail to note that the true cost of this book is [a little more] (after purchasing the full version of PDE).
The book appears to be good, but this is dishonest marketing.

The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-Be, Second Edition
The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-Be, Second Edition
by Armin A. Brott
831 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've seen for new fathers., January 11, 2002
My appreciation for "The Expectant Father" grows as I read more fatherhood books. Most authors spend 90% of their book trying to convince new fathers that fatherhood really isn't so bad, that we should be nice to the mother and perhaps show up for a doctor's appointment once in a while. For those of us who are already excited about the prospect of having a child, this tact doesn't cut it.
Brott certainly advocates being involved during the pregnancy, but he spends much more time explaining how to be involved. Topics from when to tell your friends about the pregnancy to financial planning are covered. More unusually for fatherhood books, Brott describes what the mother is experiencing and how the baby is developing. This has been extremely helpful as my wife's pregnancy has progressed.
I keep this book handy, and refer to it at least monthly.