Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for happyparent > Reviews

Browse

happyparent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

happyparent "momoftwo" RSS Feed (maryland)

Rush for the Gold: Mystery at the Olympics (The Sports Beat, 6)
Rush for the Gold: Mystery at the Olympics (The Sports Beat, 6)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, March 22, 2013
I loved this book it had an amazing plot I loved the ending and all the like not realistic things that happen like 100 million dollar contracts at 15

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 3, 2011
My friend had it and I had to get it my son loves it it's great he has a weak
Hand

Because I Love Her: 34 Women Writers Reflect on the Mother-Daughter Bond
Because I Love Her: 34 Women Writers Reflect on the Mother-Daughter Bond
by Andrea N. Richesin
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved this anthology, June 9, 2009
This was a great anthology. The writers were gifted and diverse in history/demographic, etc. As a mother of a daughter, and of course a daughter myself, I cried after many of the stories. However, this is not fluffy, hallmark reading-- some of the stories are tough. But woven throughout was a road map of what matters in being a daughter and a mother of a girl. It is a wonderful read.

Twelve Hours' Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old: A Step-by-Step Plan for Baby Sleep Success
by Suzy Giordano
Price: $13.86
186 used & new from $5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book and a sound method, March 10, 2007
I understand that there are different views on attachment versus a more scheduled approach to parenting. For those who want to explore a more scheduled approach, I strongly encourage it. I have 2 children, each has been on a schedule. It makes them feel secure, they know what to expect and when, it helps regulate their digestive systems, and they don't "snack" all day long. Of course, with an infant you feed on demand, as the book says-- but as they progress, so too can they progress into a schedule. My baby was in the NICU born as a preemie and at one of the best NICUs in the world she was on a 3 hour feeding schedule-- this was what the best NICU doctors did. . not me. And this is a baby not even near a 40 week old delivered baby. . .so something to think about (and I did breast feed her for 8 months). Lack of sleep for parents causes serious issues and can lead to depression, abuse, etc. It's not for convenience sake-- it is for the sake of the health of the family. I don't want to criticize attachment parenting beliefs, but my observation has been that these children and their families tend to really suffer from lack of sleep, lack of organization and structure in the long run. It (attachment parenting) has an appealing approach on the surface, but my experience has been that for many families a baby/child who sleeps regularly on a schedule benefits everyone emotionally, physically, and intellectually. But as always, do what feels best for you and your family.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2011 9:37 AM PDT