ARRAY(0x9dcb1c30)

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D RSS Feed (CT, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marble Ball Track Building Starter Set
Marble Ball Track Building Starter Set
Offered by Etailz
Price: $52.24
21 used & new from $52.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, April 19, 2014
As always, Haba delivers great quality. My 6 year old likes building the marble run both by itself and as part of a domino rally. Even my 2 year old likes building with the various parts.

Tonka Toughest Minis Light & Sound - Snowplow
Tonka Toughest Minis Light & Sound - Snowplow
Offered by Molly Mart
Price: $20.70
14 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, April 19, 2014
This toy is overpriced. It's much smaller than I expected from the price I paid: it's only 7 inches long, including the plow. I expected something twice as big!
Otherwise it's made well enough and my 2 year old likes it OK.

A Friend for Oscar Mouse
A Friend for Oscar Mouse
by Joe Majewski
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story with lovely illustrations, April 19, 2014
This is a very sweet story about two mice who become friends and spend a fun day together. The illustrations are lovely, with lots of details to enjoy.

Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, No. 1)
by Mary Pope Osborne
Price: $2.92
935 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, April 19, 2014
We have read a few books from this series and they've all been mediocre. The series has much potential, but the execution is very poor. The author loves incomplete sentences and has no regard for accurate information; only a few species of dinosaurs are mentioned and no scientific facts are given. I know there is a separate guide to dinosaurs to go along with this book, but why buy two books when one complete could exist?
While this series is OK for my 6 year old, if you want scientifically accurate and well written similar books buy the Magic School Bus series.

Katie and the Starry Night
Katie and the Starry Night
by James Mayhew
Price: $8.99
57 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, April 19, 2014
This is a nice introduction to Vincent van Gogh's art for a young child. While the paintings are nice and printed on double page spreads, the plot isn't great, the book itself is short, and it only shows 5 paintings. I think it would be perfect for a 3-4 year old. My 6 year old seemed bored with it after one reading.

The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, No. 2)
The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, No. 2)
by Mary Pope Osborne
Price: $4.49
816 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, April 19, 2014
We have read a few books from this series and they've all been mediocre. The series has much potential, but the execution is very poor. The author loves incomplete sentences and has no regard for accurate information--why would a non-fiction book about castles mention crocodiles living in the moat?! Medieval castles were in Europe, where there are NO crocodiles!

NUK Ultra Thin Breast Pads, Pack of 2, White, 120-Count
NUK Ultra Thin Breast Pads, Pack of 2, White, 120-Count
Price: $9.84
4 used & new from $9.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Too thin, slide around too much, April 2, 2014
These aren't called "ultra thin" for nothing. They're the thickness of a panty liner; I'd never wear them in public out of fear of leaking through them or them shifting out of place.
I will not be buying these again.

Safety 1st Bath Toy Bag
Safety 1st Bath Toy Bag
Price: $7.23
8 used & new from $3.56

3.0 out of 5 stars A very small toy bag, March 25, 2014
This item just arrived in the mail, so I don't know how the suction cups will hold up. It's very small compared to the toy bag it was supposed to replace--only a few toys fit in it.

Nautica Boys 2-7 PCD Snorkle Jacket, Tomato, Large
Nautica Boys 2-7 PCD Snorkle Jacket, Tomato, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking boy's jacket, March 25, 2014
While my son hasn't worn this jacket yet, it looks warm and well made. The colors are very bright, something hard to find in boys' winter jackets. The large size is right now big for my 6 year old, but he's of average (or just below) height and slim.

Anna's Art Adventure (Picture Books)
Anna's Art Adventure (Picture Books)
by Bjørn Sortland
Price: $12.64
74 used & new from $0.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to famous paintings, March 25, 2014
A little girl visits an art museum and goes looking for a toilet through various famous paintings. She meets some of the painters.
It's a nice introduction to art and it has a short biography of each painter at the end. I liked that it covers multiple painters. The plot is simple enough and the illustrations are mostly the paintings; my 6 year old liked it and even the 2 year old was interested. Not being very educated about art, I learned a few things from this book, too!
We looked up some Andy Warhol art after reading the book and I'm sure we will look up the other painters after reading it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3