Profile for Jason J. Barbarich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason J. Barbarich RSS Feed

Crescent AC26VS Carded Sensormatic 6-Inch Adjustable Wrench, Chrome
Crescent AC26VS Carded Sensormatic 6-Inch Adjustable Wrench, Chrome
Price: $10.97
58 used & new from $10.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Crescent AC16V 6-Inch Adjustable Wrench with 15/16-Inch Jaw Capacity, January 5, 2012
Wanted to write a review and let any interested parties know that as of 01/03/12 there are still USA made 6" crescent wrenches being sent out.
As for function, the wrench's adjustment is nice and tight, jaw movement is smooth, and the metal is thick and sits nicely in your hand.
Couldn't ask for much more from a wrench, and now that I know there are still USA made units to be had I might have to put in an order for a 4" just 'cause.

Chippewa Men's Street Warrior Engineer Boot
Chippewa Men's Street Warrior Engineer Boot
Price: $186.95 - $254.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super quality, but a cautionary tale about sizing!, January 13, 2010
These boots are serious business. Buckles are heavy, leather is thick as all get-out (but soft), Vibram sole is the bomb, etc., etc.
Thing is, I ordered my normal boot size (a 7 in most unlined boots, IE Clarks, Red Wing, etc.) and I couldn't even get my foot into the footbed.
This is a huge bummer, because it seems like the footbed would be just right for my foot.
I don't write reviews often, so I'm not sure if I can, but I'd love to update this review after I receive my new order with sizes 7.5 and 8.
Figure if my boot size doesn't fit, maybe my sneaker size will.
Overall, if you're sure of your size in Chippewas and are considering this boot, then go for it. I can't foresee you being disappointed with the workmanship.
EDIT: So I tried on the 8s and 7.5s. My feet got into both of them with limited struggling, with the 7.5s feeling much better.
I still have some room for wool socks, so I guess thats a plus, but I can't help but feel that the 7s would've been a better fit.
Maybe sometime down the road I'll unload the 7.5s and go for 7s again, in hopes that the opening will be a smidge wider, or the leather will be a bit softer, or the instep will be a bit roomier, etc. etc.
However, now that I've got a pair on my feet, I can definitely verify the radness. Much happier with them now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2010 2:40 AM PDT