Profile for Sage > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sage RSS Feed (VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, June 14, 2015
This is a delightful movie. It's hard to explain why, it just is.

Starbucks Logo Mug Black, 14 oz
Starbucks Logo Mug Black, 14 oz
Offered by City-Souvenirs
Price: $24.88
6 used & new from $21.92

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, May 3, 2015
This review is from: Starbucks Logo Mug Black, 14 oz
Price is ridiculous - I like the mug but ordered it from the Starbucks' website.

Melancholia
Melancholia
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, May 2, 2015
This review is from: Melancholia (Amazon Instant Video)
Worst movie ever. The only thing that could have made it better is for the planet to hit 10 minutes into the movie. Boring, stupid characters and worse plot. Wish I had read the one star reviews before I wasted my time.

Solitaire
Solitaire

2.0 out of 5 stars the ads are annoying enough that I'm, April 21, 2015
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
Looking for another app. I will pay not to have all the ads.

Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia for Dry or Damaged Hair
Offered by Lyfe and Style Goods
Price: $40.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, March 12, 2015
Works well for conditioning my dry and brittle hair but it stinks. The fragrance is awful.

DMSO Liquid Unfragranced 8 oz. 8 Ounces
DMSO Liquid Unfragranced 8 oz. 8 Ounces
Offered by OxKom
Price: $14.25
39 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars This brand of DMSO is my go-to for aches and ..., March 3, 2015
This brand of DMSO is my go-to for aches and pains. I don't use any brand other than the DMSO brand. Shipping was quick.

Chromo Inc® 9 Pack of Tall Color Matched Styli for iPad iPhone iPod Samsung Galaxy and nearly all other Touchscreen Tablets and Cellphones
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars These look and feel just like a stylus I spent much more for, March 1, 2015
These look and feel just like a stylus I spent much more for. I haven't had these long enough to know how long they will hold up but I have no reason to think they won't. Sometimes you do get more than you pay for.

Guess The 70's
Guess The 70's

4.0 out of 5 stars I remember the 70s, March 1, 2015
This review is from: Guess The 70's (App)
and enjoy the game.

4 Words - Guess the Word Association
4 Words - Guess the Word Association

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and good for your brain., February 25, 2015
Some are easy, some hard.

Concealed in Death (In Death, Book 38)
Concealed in Death (In Death, Book 38)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This one leaves me baffled., February 19, 2014
I get that it's time for Eve to evolve into a happier person and that's isn't my problem with this book. My problem is the dialogue is weird and the writing somewhat disjointed. The plot is okay, not great, but there doesn't seem to be any real depth of connection or emotion that is usually front and center.

I could deal with all of the things that seem a bit off except for one and it really bugs me. I mentioned it in a comment on another review. The book refers to the button that Roarke carries in his pocket and says it was from a gray coat that Eve was wearing. How could the author or editor get that wrong? The incident in which Roarke gets that button is referred to in many of the books. It wasn't a gray coat, it was an ill-fitting, ugly gray suit. Seriously, how can I know the storyline better than the author? Is that a minor detail? Maybe, but it's very telling to me. It reminds me of another major storyline faux paux in Midnight in Death where chief medical examiner Morris is called Morse repeatedly. Whose editing these books?

I've become increasingly disenchanted with the writing in this series but can't seem to kick my addiction so I'll probably buy the next book.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 12:35 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6