Profile for Accidentally Disastrous > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Accidentally Disastrous RSS Feed (DC)

Anker® 24W USB Car Charger (White Dual-Port)
Anker® 24W USB Car Charger (White Dual-Port)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, December 29, 2013
A great little charger. Much more powerful than a previous one I owned. The Anker can actually recharge my battery while driving. My last one didn't charge, it just stopped it from discharging any further.

Recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Even Better Service, July 24, 2012
Just got the bento boxes in the mail and they are even better than I was expecting. Not only are they wide enough to accommodate a whole sandwich, they are actually deep enough that more food can be placed on top! My kids are growing and eat like crazy and I am able to pack a whole lunch plus snacks for a full day at the babysitters in one of these.

As I said in my review title, the product is great and the service is even better. When the item arrived, one of the lids had a piece that had cracked off during shipping. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until I was washing the lid. On a whim, I shot off an email to the "info" addres I found at their website. Within hours I had received an email from the CEO of the company! She offered to replace the lid at no charge and was extremely nice about the whole thing.

It's nice when the quality of a product is a reflection of the company's quality. Can't recommend highly enough.

Valis
Valis
by Philip K. Dick
114 used & new from $0.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing the point?, March 2, 2006
This review is from: Valis (Paperback)
I am a huge PKD fan, and I put this among my favorite of the man's work. It is a difficult work, yes. It took me 3 tries before I could get through the first 70 or so pages. I feel that many of the reviewers here are overlooking a major part of the story. Yes, it's full of endless religious speculation and it is terrifically solipsistic and postmodern, but beyond all that, it is one of the most heart-wrenching books about grief that I have ever read. VALIS is not about YHWH in pink lasers, or the Gnostic gospels (Well, _of course_ it's about both of those things, just bear with me), it is about a man who has lost, and because of that, is lost. He cannot allow himself to understand death and goes on a quest to understand everything but. It's a brilliant novel, not one for everybody, but certainly one for the ages.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 11:33 AM PST