Profile for Mocha with Linda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 468

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mocha with Linda RSS Feed (Texas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes Book #3): A Novel
Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes Book #3): A Novel
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unrelenting danger and suspense; Lisa Harris pulls out all the stops with this one!, January 20, 2015
Wow. Lisa Harris has cemented her spot as one of my must-read authors with this final novel in her Southern Crimes series. I loved the first two books, and she pulls out all the stops with Hidden Agenda. Unrelenting danger and suspense kept me breathlessly turning pages, and the emotional impact tugged at my heart. I was particularly struck by Harris's portrayal of Olivia and her journey as she comes to grips with the truth about her father. Like its predecessors, this book can be easily read as a standalone, but intersecting characters make it that much more enjoyable if you read the entire series. Besides, you don't want to miss any of this gifted author's writing. Fair warning, though: once you start reading, you won't be able to stop! Grab your copy of Hidden Agenda today.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Lisa Harris and Revell Publishing as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Brush with Love: A January Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 2)
A Brush with Love: A January Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $3.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming story, a must-read!, January 19, 2015
What's not to love about a wedding tale? Rachel Hauck packs a lot of story into this novella. Authentic characters make it easy to connect with this charming digital book. I empathized with Ginger as she struggled with her self-image, and I wanted to smack a few of the "mean girls" that Hauck created! Tom is a worthy hero and definitely makes up for some of the other clueless males in the story. Any woman who has dealt with insecurity (i.e., every woman!) will relate to Ginger and benefit from the message tenderly woven throughout this book. Grab your copy today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this e-book free from Zondervan/HarperCollins and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Like a Flower in Bloom
Like a Flower in Bloom
by Siri Mitchell
Price: $12.33
73 used & new from $7.64

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the title's double meaning, January 15, 2015
This review is from: Like a Flower in Bloom (Paperback)
Siri Mitchell always writes an enthralling story and her latest is no exception. I love the title's double meaning, as Like a Flower in Bloom refers not only to the botanical work done by Charlotte and her father but to Charlotte herself. Mitchell seamlessly weaves details of botanical art's history into this story of a young woman who chafes at the idea that her role in life is simply to marry and play society's games. Charlotte's naivete is refreshing and her observations about communication and societal expectations are amusing and spot-on. A host of engaging characters add depth to this charming tale. Grab your copy today.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Bethany House Publishing as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Masterpiece Marriage: Quilts of Love Series
Masterpiece Marriage: Quilts of Love Series
by Gina Welborn
Price: $12.63
41 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and tender moments; a satisfying read., January 15, 2015
I always enjoy Abingdon's Quilts of Love books. Gina Welborn has written an engaging story centering on Zenus and Mary, at odds with each other while individually vying for the help of Zenus's Aunt Priscilla, whose main goal is to bring the two of them together. Filled with amusing as well as tender moments, this satisfying read will keep you warm on a winter night. Curl up with Quilts of Love!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Esther: Royal Beauty (A Dangerous Beauty Novel)
Esther: Royal Beauty (A Dangerous Beauty Novel)
by Angela E. Hunt
Price: $12.33
35 used & new from $6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing novel, thoroughly researched Biblical fiction. A must-read!, January 15, 2015
Angela Hunt is one of my top five must-read authors, so I was thrilled to receive a copy of Esther for Christmas from my family. As a personal preference, I rarely read Biblical fiction as I don't like embellishing that which is in the Bible. However, knowing that Angela Hunt has a doctorate in Biblical studies and that she does a tremendous amount of research (including a lengthy bibliography in the back of the novel), I knew it would be a fascinating and credible--albeit fiction--account. Hunt paints an intriguing picture of this well-known Bible story and provides much insight into the era and culture. Her portrayal of life outside and inside palace walls captivated me as I followed Esther from her loving home with Mordecai and his wife to the palace and the lengthy preparatory process for that all-important audition with the king, continuing with her day-to-day life once she became queen. Hunt ably marries facts and feelings in her creation of multi-faceted characters and a powerful story. I gained a fresh perspective of one of my favorite Biblical characters and continued to ponder her life long after I closed the book. Add this to your must-read list. I'm already looking forward to her next book, about Bathsheba!

Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope Book #1)
Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope Book #1)
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling opening to a fascinating series, December 27, 2014
Jody Hedlund is quickly becoming one of my must-read authors, and I am already loving this new series! Lighthouses are such a fascinating part of our nation's history and stories of their keepers are equally compelling. While this is a fictional tale, it has its roots in a real couple who lived at and worked the lighthouse on Presque Isle, Michigan. Engaging characters and a compelling storyline immediately drew me into this novel, and I couldn't put it down, reading it in one night. Hedlund weaves faith into the story naturally as Emma and Patrick struggle with the impact that past circumstances and choices make on their current lives. You don't want to miss this book or this series. Grab your copy today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Jody Hedlund and Bethany House Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Watch for the Light: Readings for Advent and Christmas
Watch for the Light: Readings for Advent and Christmas
by John Donne
Price: $19.26
114 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Soak in and contemplate, December 25, 2014
We often give lip service to "the reason for the season" but fail to fully appreciate the deep significance of Christmas. This book will cause you to pause, reflect during these holy days. Written by some of the hallmark theological authors, these are not a breezy read but ones to soak in and contemplate. Some are brief--a page or two--while others are a bit lengthier. (Having recently received the book, I haven't had the time to read every devotion so as always, hold what you read against the plumb line of scripture.) Even though we are well into December, it is not too late to benefit from this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Handlebar Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance Book #1)
A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance Book #1)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A most excellent novel from a must-read author!, November 25, 2014
If Regina Jennings were not already one of my must-read authors, this book would have ensured her place on that list! Captivated at once by the intriguing title, the wonderful cover, and the beginning of the story description, I eagerly delved into this novel and hardly came up for air before finishing it. An endearing heroine and hero and strong, albeit occasionally annoying, secondary characters provide plenty of opportunity for amusing banter and lively conflict. Vivid scenes ring with authenticity as Jennings aptly portrays the struggles of a family, community, and nation recovering from the war that tore them asunder. A charming novel that subtly addresses deeper issues of faith, family, and forgiveness, A Most Inconvenient Marriage would make a most excellent addition to your reading or gift list!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Regina Jennings and Bethany House Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

The Christmas Cat
The Christmas Cat
by Melody Carlson
Price: $12.98
31 used & new from $7.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging tale; a purr-fect holiday read!, November 24, 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Cat (Hardcover)
A sure harbinger of the holiday season is a Christmas novella by Melody Carlson once again, she provides a heartwarming story with The Christmas Cat. I was hesitant to read this one since I am about as fond of cats as Garrison but Carlson's talent for storytelling and character development drew me in. Cat lovers will adore this book and even those who eschew felines, such as I, will still enjoy this engaging tale. A purr-fect holiday read!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Revell Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Lizzy & Jane
Lizzy & Jane
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted writer, delightfully heartwarming story. A must-read!, November 24, 2014
This review is from: Lizzy & Jane (Kindle Edition)
Katherine Reay is an absolute delight and Lizzy and Jane is every bit as charming as she is. Guaranteed to resonate with any Jane Austen fan, the appeal of this novel isn't limited to that audience. Reay has layered this novel with multiple threads that intertwine and tug at the heart. 'Tis best to read this one after dinner, as Elizabeth's culinary journey and experiments will have your taste buds wanting to crawl through the book. Stunning succulent details provide rich color and a unique depth without turning the novel into a nutrition lesson or cookbook. Family dynamics--and the strain that a cancer diagnosis adds to the already tenuous cords between sisters, spouses, parent & child--are honestly yet tenderly portrayed, and the pages fairly palpate with emotions that simmer and, at times, boil over. Care, friendship, love, forgiveness, and the shared bond of literature infuse this heartwarming story. Don't miss the opportunity to read anything that Katherine Reay writes. You'll be richer for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20