Profile for Mocha with Linda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 461

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mocha with Linda RSS Feed (Texas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance Book #1)
A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance Book #1)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A most excellent novel from a must-read author!, November 25, 2014
If Regina Jennings were not already one of my must-read authors, this book would have ensured her place on that list! Captivated at once by the intriguing title, the wonderful cover, and the beginning of the story description, I eagerly delved into this novel and hardly came up for air before finishing it. An endearing heroine and hero and strong, albeit occasionally annoying, secondary characters provide plenty of opportunity for amusing banter and lively conflict. Vivid scenes ring with authenticity as Jennings aptly portrays the struggles of a family, community, and nation recovering from the war that tore them asunder. A charming novel that subtly addresses deeper issues of faith, family, and forgiveness, A Most Inconvenient Marriage would make a most excellent addition to your reading or gift list!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Regina Jennings and Bethany House Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

The Christmas Cat
The Christmas Cat
by Melody Carlson
19 used & new from $9.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging tale; a purr-fect holiday read!, November 24, 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Cat (Hardcover)
A sure harbinger of the holiday season is a Christmas novella by Melody Carlson once again, she provides a heartwarming story with The Christmas Cat. I was hesitant to read this one since I am about as fond of cats as Garrison but Carlson's talent for storytelling and character development drew me in. Cat lovers will adore this book and even those who eschew felines, such as I, will still enjoy this engaging tale. A purr-fect holiday read!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Revell Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Lizzy & Jane
Lizzy & Jane
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted writer, delightfully heartwarming story. A must-read!, November 24, 2014
This review is from: Lizzy & Jane (Kindle Edition)
Katherine Reay is an absolute delight and Lizzy and Jane is every bit as charming as she is. Guaranteed to resonate with any Jane Austen fan, the appeal of this novel isn't limited to that audience. Reay has layered this novel with multiple threads that intertwine and tug at the heart. 'Tis best to read this one after dinner, as Elizabeth's culinary journey and experiments will have your taste buds wanting to crawl through the book. Stunning succulent details provide rich color and a unique depth without turning the novel into a nutrition lesson or cookbook. Family dynamics--and the strain that a cancer diagnosis adds to the already tenuous cords between sisters, spouses, parent & child--are honestly yet tenderly portrayed, and the pages fairly palpate with emotions that simmer and, at times, boil over. Care, friendship, love, forgiveness, and the shared bond of literature infuse this heartwarming story. Don't miss the opportunity to read anything that Katherine Reay writes. You'll be richer for it.

I Have Seen God: The Miraculous Story of the Diospi Suyana Hospital in Peru
I Have Seen God: The Miraculous Story of the Diospi Suyana Hospital in Peru
by Klaus Dieter John
Price: $13.12
38 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, November 24, 2014
Having a family member who was a career missionary in South America, I was particularly interested to read this book and it did not disappoint. This is a fascinating account of a couple called to serve God as medical missionaries among the poorest population of Peru and how they built a modern hospital through donations of time and materials and amazing interventions by God. A beautiful testimony of faith and commitment to the cause of Christ, this stirred my heart. I am grateful they have translated this best-selling German book into English for those of us in the USA to read and be encouraged - and maybe even humbled as sometimes I think we believe we are the only ones who have been called to "go and tell." (My one slight disappointment with the book is that John did not share a bit more of the personal struggles of those involved. He alluded one time to some interpersonal conflict among the missions staff, but it was an isolated incident and he did not detail the resolution. While the purpose of the book was to highlight God's movement, I wish John had depicted that power among the lives of his fellow missionaries, who are flawed and human.) I highly recommend this book. It will encourage and inspire you.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Monarch Books and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope): A Novella
Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope): A Novella
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging introductory novella. Looking forward to the series!, November 16, 2014
I've enjoyed several of Jody Hedlund's books in the past and was intrigued by this new novella which introduces her upcoming Beacons of Hope series. By their nature, novellas can be frustrating because their abbreviated length provides less opportunity for deeper character development and plot progression without seeming rushed. For the most part, Hedlund successfully navigates these challenges. The isolation of life on the tiny Great Lakes Presque Isle and Isabelle's loneliness with only her overly-protective father for company are well-portrayed, and the romantic element, though predictable, is engaging. A bit of danger and intrigue provide the necessary hurdles for the characters to overcome. I look forward to Hedlund's series set amongst the Great Lakes lighthouses, beginning with Love Unexpected, coming November 25!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an electronic copy of this book free from Bethany House Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads Book #1): A Novel
At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads Book #1): A Novel
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful story, November 15, 2014
I've enjoyed many of Amanda Cabot's historical romances so I eagerly agreed to review her new contemporary novel, especially since it is set in the Texas Hill Country. Although she lives in Wyoming, Cabot has captured the essence of one of the prettiest areas of the Lone Star State in this story, even though Rainbow's End itself is less than charming. Kate and Greg are believable characters as they are likable as well as flawed. And Kate's spunky grandmother made me grin! Reading this novel brought back memories of the times my husband and I have escaped to the Hill Country for a little respite and reminded me it's been too long. Don't miss this delightful story!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Amanda Cabot and Revell Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Question of Destiny
A Question of Destiny
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging story with an intriguing premise - don't miss it!, November 14, 2014
What a bargain! This is a great little novel and such a deal at less than a dollar! Anita Higman has crafted an engaging story with an intriguing premise: what would be the impact of sudden wealth on the life of a humble young woman dedicated to helping others? I immediately connected with Lucy as she tried to navigate the new world thrust upon her as she simultaneously tried to figure out what aspects of her old life to keep or upgrade, with relationships proving to be the most challenging. Andrew Whitfield and his boss fascinated me, and the remaining characters were spot-on; some were completely irritating while others garnered my sympathy. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found that it gave me much to ponder as I wondered how I would react, were I in Lucy's position. Grab a copy of this book for your Kindle or Kindle app today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an electronic copy of this book free from Anita Higman. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Trails & Targets: (Dangerous Darlyns)
Trails & Targets: (Dangerous Darlyns)
by Kelly Eileen Hake
Price: $9.56
50 used & new from $4.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure enjoyment, a Darlyn book!, November 11, 2014
I read one of Kelly Eileen Hake's early novels before I even began blogging and reviewing books, so it is a delight to catch up with her and see where her writing career has taken her. Trails and Targets is a fun read reminiscent of a Mary Connealy novel: strong women, clever banter, humor, and romance, with a bit of danger thrown in. The Darlyn sisters are a force to be reckoned with, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Greyson deal with this unique family. Pure enjoyment, this is the perfect novel for a quiet evening. I'm looking forward to the next adventures of the Dangerous Darlyns!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Barbour Publishing as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Surprised by Love: A Novel (The Heart of San Francisco)
Surprised by Love: A Novel (The Heart of San Francisco)
by Julie Lessman
Price: $12.43
51 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling romantic tension. A must-read!, November 10, 2014
This has been such a fun series! I loved the first two books, Love at Any Cost and Dare to Love Again, and this third and final book is just as delightful. Julie Lessman creates romantic tension like no one else, and this novel fairly sizzles with fervor. Easily read as a standalone, Surprised by Love will be that much more enjoyable for those who have read the first two installments and are familiar with some of the characters. While this tale focuses on Bram and Meg, the conflicted and turbulent, albeit devoted, relationship between the widowed matriarch of the McClare clan, Caitlyn, and her brother-in-law Logan, provides a strong secondary storyline and once again significantly impacts the family. I devoured this novel, ignoring my sensible bedtime to stay up and read it. Don't miss this book and this series!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Revell Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Love Never Fails (The Homeward Journey)
Love Never Fails (The Homeward Journey)
by Martha Rogers
Price: $11.71
44 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-warming novel brings history to life, November 8, 2014
Martha Rogers is a delightful author, and her books are just as charming. This series began with Love Stays True, the love story of her great-grandparents, and now concludes with Love Never Fails. Though this book is purely fictional, Rogers brings the late 1880s to life with her gift for creating authentic scenes and engaging characters. Rogers also expertly portrays the struggles Molly faces as a result of her family's personal experiences as the War Between the States concluded, years before she was even born. Don't miss this heart-warming novel!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book from Martha Rogers and Realms Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20