Profile for Mocha with Linda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 503

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mocha with Linda RSS Feed (Texas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
In Firefly Valley: A Novel (Texas Crossroads)
In Firefly Valley: A Novel (Texas Crossroads)
by Amanda Cabot
Price: $12.10
38 used & new from $8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Likable characters. Fun novel set in the Texas Hill Country!, May 21, 2015
I enjoy Amanda Cabot's historical romances and couldn't resist reading her contemporary series set in Texas! While I enjoyed the first novel At Bluebonnet Lake, this one is even better. Marisa and Blake are likable characters and readers will identify with their plights, especially Marisa's. Additionally, the secondary story involving Marisa's best friend, Lauren, and Lauren's daughter, Fiona, immediately grabbed my heart. Fresh starts, forgiveness, and healing add depth to this heart-warming story. Take a trip to the Texas Hill Country with this tale that's perfect for a summer evening.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Amanda Cabot and Revell Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Heart's Danger (A Journey of the Heart)
A Heart's Danger (A Journey of the Heart)
Price: $6.99
52 used & new from $2.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of action and danger; enjoyable novella, May 21, 2015
Colleen Coble's novella series continues with the third installment, A Heart's Danger. I am enjoying this re-release of Coble's first two books, Where Leads the Heart and Plains of Promise, which have been divided into this series. This month's novella includes plenty of action and danger. Rand's new fiancée gives a whole new meaning to the term mean girl! Coble ramps up the pace and the pages turn pretty fast as the book heads toward its climax. Don't miss this book and series!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson & Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

To Win Her Favor (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel Book 2)
To Win Her Favor (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing characters, authentic setting, beautiful prose. To Win Her Favor won mine!, May 12, 2015
Tamera Alexander heads the list of my must-read authors, and not just because her last name begins with A. To Win Her Favor is the latest reason why. Vibrant historical detail gleaned from meticulous research transports the reader to the years following the War Between the States in Nashvilee and the premier thoroughbred farm located at Bell Meade Plantation, along with its neighboring estate, Linden Downs. Peppering the novel with actual historical figures, Alexander also creates compelling and endearing characters who walk right off the pages and into the reader's heart. Rich layers give meaning and depth to this story, making it much more than a historical romance. At times painfully authentic, it depicts the simmering and often explosive antipathy that existed in the South, not only toward newly-freed slaves but regarding certain immigrants as well. Nuggets of wisdom and faith seamlessly and naturally woven throughout the story are timeless and relevant to any era. Alexander's gift for prose and story always bring a contented sigh when I finish her novels, and though they are not short, they never last long enough to suit me! Faithful and astute long-time readers of her other books will enjoy a couple of clever surprises sprinkled in this one. To Win Her Favor has definitely won mine! Highly, highly recommended!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Zondervan (Harper Collins) and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No Place to Hide: A Novel (Hidden Identity)
No Place to Hide: A Novel (Hidden Identity)
by Lynette Eason
Price: $11.29
52 used & new from $7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly paced action and nail-biting scenes, May 11, 2015
I thought the first two books in Lynette Eason's Hidden Identity series were compelling, but this third book even surpassed those. Few authors write such heart-pounding suspense as Lynette Eason, and her tagline "Welcome to the Edge of Your Seat" says it all. Even the title of No Place to Hide shouts danger and urgency, and Eason pours it on in spades as she leads her characters from peril to peril. Perfectly paced action and nail-biting scenes make this book impossible to put down. Don't miss this novel or any of the books in this series, which has earned a spot on my Favorites shelf!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Baker/Revell Publishing as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Every Bride Needs a Groom: A Novel (Brides with Style)
Every Bride Needs a Groom: A Novel (Brides with Style)
by Janice Thompson
Price: $11.32
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A light-hearted read with a subtle faith message., April 27, 2015
If I want a book that will cheer me up and make me smile, I make sure that Janice Thompson is the author! She kicks off a new series with a fun story set in a small Texas town along the interstate between Houston and Dallas, and she has captured it perfectly. Although it's been a few years, I've been there many times and eaten at Sam's--thanks to this novel, I felt the years fall away! I loved Katie and her family. Katie's dilemma is simultaneously amusing and embarrassing! Once again, Thompson has created a wonderfully eclectic yet authentic set of characters for this tale. A couple of folks from her previous series either pop in or are mentioned, making the story that much more enjoyable. The tension between the small-town and the big city are well portrayed, with the positives and negatives of both equally noted by various characters. And the decades-long stand-off between Katie's grandmother and great-aunt was perfectly depicted and such a reminder of how much time is lost in relationships that fracture over misunderstandings. Janice Thompson remains on my list of favorites for light-hearted reads with a subtle faith message. Grab your copy of Every Bride Needs a Groom today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Baker/Revell Publishers as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Sparrow in Terezin (A Hidden Masterpiece Novel)
A Sparrow in Terezin (A Hidden Masterpiece Novel)
by Kristy Cambron
Price: $12.83
65 used & new from $9.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulsating with realism and emotion; a must-read!, April 23, 2015
I have been eagerly anticipating this book ever since I read Kristy Cambron's amazing debut, The Butterfly and the Violin, last year, and I was not disappointed. In a style reminiscent of best-selling author Susan Meissner, Cambron skillfully weaves together a contemporary story with a haunting and compelling tale from the days of WWII. While the stories seem may initially seem disconnected at first, as the novel progresses their paths are brought closer and closer together. A Sparrow in Terezin can be read as a stand-alone, but references to Cambron's first novel will be easier to grasp if both books are read in sequence. And trust me, you don't want to miss either one! Pulsating with realism and emotion, this tale held me spellbound as I followed Kája and Sara's journeys. Don't miss this beautiful story of hope and faith. A must for your spring reading list!

The Inn at Ocean's Edge (A Sunset Cove Novel)
The Inn at Ocean's Edge (A Sunset Cove Novel)
Price: $11.98
71 used & new from $7.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Mysterious prologue opens this suspenseful story, April 23, 2015
Colleen Coble once again releases a well-crafted story with numerous twists and turns that drew me in from the first pages. The mysterious prologue, Claire's panic attack when she arrives at the hotel, and the scene she stumbles upon minutes later--I could barely catch my breath! Coble is a master storyteller, and as always, she deftly weaves suspense into this tale, gradually adding new elements to the story. Engaging characters touched my heart, and I felt for both Claire and Luke as they tried to uncover the secrets from the past. While I suspected aspects of the outcome, the complete resolution contained a few surprises as it unfolded. I'm already looking forward to the second book in this series. Grab your copy of The Inn at Ocean's Edge today!

The Thornbearer (Penned in Time Book 1)
The Thornbearer (Penned in Time Book 1)
Price: $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning debut; a beautiful tale of brokenness and healing, April 23, 2015
Pepper D. Basham bursts upon the publishing scene with a debut novel that outshines many written by much more experienced authors. Compelling in its depth and multitudinous layers, the story swept me away to 1915 and the voyage of the Lusitania. Rich historical detail and vivid characters bring this tale to life, and the pages practically turn themselves. I ached for Ashleigh as she endured the lingering pain and sorrow caused by her father's actions. Basham skillfully portrays a difficult topic not often addressed in Christian fiction, accurately depicting the devastating impact such a situation has on a young woman's life and relationships while simultaneously keeping the story from being weighed down and depressing. I sighed when I finished this amazing book. Don't miss this beautiful tale of brokenness and healing. A must for your spring reading list!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced digital copy of this book from Pepper Basham as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Heart's Obsession (A Journey of the Heart)
A Heart's Obsession (A Journey of the Heart)
Price: $6.99
68 used & new from $2.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing monthly serial continues with part 2. Love the story!, April 14, 2015
I am thoroughly enjoying this serial novella by Colleen Coble. Each month a new book is released, unfolding a bit more of the story. Brief enough to be read in an hour or so, A Heart's Obsession begins some time after A Heart's Disguise ends as the story continues and moves out west to Ft. Laramie, Wyoming. Coble continues to weave an intriguing story around Sarah and Rand with several subplots capturing the reader's interest as well as their relationship. I'm eagerly anticipating the third installment, A Heart's Danger, coming in May!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Harper Collins/Thomas Nelson and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Together With You
Together With You
by Victoria Bylin
Price: $11.70
57 used & new from $5.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Both tender and heart-wrenching, April 13, 2015
This review is from: Together With You (Paperback)
Victoria Bylin is a new-to-me author and I will be watching for more of her novels. Much more than the familiar fall-in-love-with-the-nanny scenario, this story drew me in from the opening mall scene and wrapped itself around my heart. Bylin creates believable characters and honestly portrays the struggles they face on a daily basis: struggles which are consequences of their own actions or the actions of others, but which changed the course of their lives. I appreciated that Ryan doesn't make excuses or justify his actions which so greatly impacted and fractured his family, in spite of his lack of spiritual belief. Simultaneously tender and heart-wrenching, Together with You is a multi-layered novel that brings attention to a completely preventable disorder that affects far too many children, while at the same time it shines a light on our need for grace and forgiveness. Don't miss this gripping novel.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20