Profile for Mocha with Linda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 439

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mocha with Linda RSS Feed (Texas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Christmas at Rose Hill Farm: An Amish Love Story
Christmas at Rose Hill Farm: An Amish Love Story
by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Price: $12.46
47 used & new from $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Carefully cultivated, this story unfolds and blossoms beautifully!, September 15, 2014
I am not a huge fan of Amish fiction per se but there a few authors whose Amish novels I always read, and Suzanne Woods Fisher is one of them. She has released another delightful tale with Christmas at Rose Hill Farm. The characters and plot are engaging, and the details about the roses were fascinating. Like a rose carefully cultivated which blossoms at just the right time, this story and the relationship between Bess and Billy unfold under Fisher's masterful and creative hand. Bring in the season early with Christmas at Rose Hill Farm!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Baker/Revell Publishing and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Nowhere to Turn: A Novel (Hidden Identity)
Nowhere to Turn: A Novel (Hidden Identity)
by Lynette Eason
Price: $11.24
44 used & new from $8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Grabbed me from the opening scene and escalated from there. One of Eason's best!, September 11, 2014
Ooh, I love me a Lynette Eason book! I know not to start reading unless I have several hours free because I generally read her books without stopping. Nowhere to Turn grabbed me from the opening scene (my heart was pounding by the end of page two!) and the action and suspense only escalated from there. Eason is a pro at pacing the action; actually, she hardly slows down! The combination of unrelenting action plus excruciatingly fleshed-out scenes of terror and suspense kept me glued to my chair. There is Nowhere to Turn but another page when you are reading this spine-tingling novel! Don't miss it!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Baker/Revell Publishing as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes
All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes
by Betsy St. Amant
Price: $9.71
44 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A delectable read!, September 10, 2014
What a delightfully fun novel! I know this is geared for the YA crowd, of which I haven't been a part for a few years, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Betsy St. Amant has created a tale as delectable as the cupcakes that Kat creates and fortunately, consuming this story is calorie-free! Both Kat and Lucas are endearing characters. Their relationship and Kat's longing to do more than at her aunt's basic bakery provide the basis for a great story, and St. Amant takes it to the next level by adding the high stakes of a reality cooking show contest, complete with its own on- and off-camera drama. I alternately laughed and gasped, all while inhaling the flavorful aromas that I was certain were wafting off the rapidly turning pages! You'll definitely want to grab a copy of this book, and I highly recommend eating a cupcake while you read it!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Zondervan and Litfuse Publicity Group. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Driftwood Tides
Driftwood Tides
by Gina Holmes
Price: $11.21
43 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stirring novel from gifted author Gina Holmes, September 5, 2014
This review is from: Driftwood Tides (Paperback)
Gina Holmes is a gifted author, and Driftwood Tides is another wonderful release. Her novels reach deep and explore the issues that leave people raw and vulnerable. Libby immediately tugged at my heart as she discovered that her life wasn't what she thought it was and began the quest to find out who birthed her and why she was adopted. Vivid scenes with heart-wrenching moments kept me glued to the pages. Like the tide that washes upon the shore of Nags Head, this story will splash across your heart and stir your soul with its themes of belonging and forgiveness. Don't miss it!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Tyndale House and Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

The Story Keeper
The Story Keeper
by Lisa Wingate
Price: $9.75
47 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story Keeper is a keeper!, September 2, 2014
This review is from: The Story Keeper (Paperback)
In her trademark style, Lisa Wingate has written another tender novel that will touch your heart. Compelling characters give a glimpse into a lesser-known segment of Appalachian culture and history. Wingate skillfully alternates between the modern-day tale and the historical account which Jen endeavors to publish if she ever finds the author. Jen's own background and personal issues will resonate with anyone who wrestles with a difficult past and how to balance love, forgiveness, and boundaries. Nuggets of truth, which speak to the reader's heart, are scattered throughout the book.I especially loved this quote:
"It's so easy to make assumptions, passing by other people's homes at a distance. To be so certain that the goings-on inside mirror the exteriors--that glittering facades and squeaky-clean windows equate to perfect families, yet the reality is that containers often tell nothing of the contents.
Hardship finds its way into every life. It's just much easier to see our own than other people's." (p. 162)
Grab your copy today of the The Story Keeper, a keeper indeed!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Tyndale House and JKS Communications. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Home to Chicory Lane: A Chicory Inn Novel | Book 1
Home to Chicory Lane: A Chicory Inn Novel | Book 1
by Deborah Raney
Price: $13.20
31 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another heart-warming story from one of my favorite novels!, September 1, 2014
Deborah Raney is one of my must-read authors and she kicks off her new Chicory Inn series with a wonderful novel. Raney has a special gift for crafting characters with authentic issues, wrapping them in a heart-warming and tender story that touches the heart and inspires the soul. Like real-life families, the Whitman clan has not reached perfection in their interactions with each other or within their marriages, and the faith journeys of the family members will encourage many readers. I'm already looking forward to the next book in this series!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

A Grand Design: Quilts of Love Series
A Grand Design: Quilts of Love Series
by Amber Stockton
Price: $12.53
32 used & new from $4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful addition to Quilts of Love series, August 28, 2014
This is a delightful addition to Abingdon's Quilts of Love series. Amber Stockton has created a charming story with engaging characters and placed them in a setting that makes me want to visit quaint Mackinac Island. And while I loved the story of Alyssa overcoming her past and the budding romance between her and Scott, perhaps my favorite part of the story is the loyal and long-time friendship between Alyssa and Libby, different though they may be. Don't miss A Grand Design!

A Bouquet of Love: A Novel (Weddings by Design)
A Bouquet of Love: A Novel (Weddings by Design)
by Janice Thompson
Price: $11.03
41 used & new from $5.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, another winner from Thompson! Loved it!, August 19, 2014
I absolutely love Janice Thompson's books, especially her series that are set on Galveston Island right here in Texas. Her Weddings by Bella Series was such fun that I was thrilled that she spun off a second series with Weddings by Design, and it has been just as delightful. This final novel pulls out all the stops and showcases Thompson's talents at creating an engaging story with sympathetic characters whose inner struggles are easy to identify with, while at the same time peppering it with just the right amount of laughter and fun. At times it looks as though mayhem may take over both the story and the island due to the somewhat tumultuous relationships and emotionally-charged interactions that characterize the Pappas and Rossi families. However, Thompson's skillful character development and her steady faith thread provides the necessary balance and gives the story depth. In addition to familiar faces from the previous books in this series and the Weddings by Bella series, some of the folks from the Backstage Pass series make appearances as well, and the result made me want to climb through the pages and join the party! Don't miss this novel and this series, and grab Janice Thompson's other books as well. You'll be heading to Galveston before you can even finish them!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Revell as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

In Perfect Time: A Novel (Wings of the Nightingale)
In Perfect Time: A Novel (Wings of the Nightingale)
by Sarah Sundin
Price: $11.97
51 used & new from $8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ending to a great series!, August 18, 2014
Sarah Sundin writes great WW II novels and since I am a nurse, I have especially been loving this series that focuses on flight nurses. Only a skilled author can develop a character like Kay Jobson, heartily disliked as a secondary character in the first book and reluctantly tolerated in the second, but who experienced a turnaround and became someone I cheered for and actually liked in this final story. Sundin brings the series to a satisfying conclusion as the War winds down. Exasperating interchanges and misunderstandings which occur between Kay and Lt. Roger Cooper are authentic and believable as they navigate their past individual struggles and reconcile them with their beliefs. Though I hate to see this excellent series end, I'm already eagerly anticipating whatever Sundin is writing next!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Revell and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family Book 3)
When I Fall in Love (Christiansen Family Book 3)
Price: $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book serving up food, fun, and a heaping helping of faith!, August 9, 2014
Susan May Warren writes such delightful books and I am especially loving her Christiansen Family series. She has cooked up another great novel with When I Fall in Love. Grace and Max are both compelling and likable, and Warren creates many humorous moments--and some not so funny ones as well!--in this charming tale. Both of them wrestle with realistic and identifiable issues to which many readers will relate, yet the setting and pace keeps the novel entertaining and upbeat while at the same time providing subtle life lessons. The cooking competition adds flavor and turns up the heat on both the relationship and the story, serving up food, fun, and a heaping helping of faith. I'm already eagerly anticipating the next installment in this great series!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an advanced copy of this book free from Tyndale House Publishers and Litfuse Publicity as part of a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20