Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for Mocha with Linda > Reviews

Browse

Mocha with Linda's Profile

Customer Reviews: 571

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mocha with Linda RSS Feed (Texas, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Newsmakers (A Newsmakers Novel)
The Newsmakers (A Newsmakers Novel)
by Lis Wiehl
Price: $18.38
53 used & new from $13.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Likable main characters but not on par with Wiehl's previous novels, February 9, 2016
I have loved Lis Wiehl's previous books and was excited to have the chance to review her latest. While there is much to like about this novel, I was a bit disappointed. I can only suspect the reason is the switch in collaborators, from April Henry to Sebastian Stuart. The writing isn't as tight as her other suspense novels, and the ending is a totally predictable. In fact, some blatant clues and foreshadowing appeared fairly early in the story. Additionally, at least one thread was randomly woven in but not followed through consistently. As far as I'm concerned, it could have been left out completely as one scene stretched the limits of what I expect from a Christian novel. (Although I'm not sure I would really label this a Christian novel aside from the publisher.) I did like the two main characters, Erika and Greg; that and my previous positive experience with Wiehl's books prompted me to finish the book. You may have a different view, however, so check it out for yourself!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Harper Collins/Thomas Nelson for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Keeper of the Stars (A King's Meadow Romance)
Keeper of the Stars (A King's Meadow Romance)
by Robin Lee Hatcher
Price: $7.97
52 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Tender romance is perfect read for the month of love!, February 8, 2016
Robin Lee Hatcher takes the reader on an emotion-filled journey in this tender story of love, loss, and forgiveness. Penny's grief is palpable and it is easy to empathize with her as she attempts to cope with the loss of her brother, a loss that reopens the wounds in her heart caused by her mother's death. Hatcher cleverly intersperses flashback chapters of Brad's life to give the reader a stronger sense of the loss that Penny, her dad, and Trevor are coping with. Keeper of the Stars will have you alternately laughing and reaching for a tissue. Don't miss this heart-warming tale with a beautiful faith message woven throughout. A perfect read for the month of romance!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Harper Collins/Thomas Nelson and Litfuse Publicity Group for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

On Lone Star Trail: A Novel (Texas Crossroads)
On Lone Star Trail: A Novel (Texas Crossroads)
by Amanda Cabot
Price: $9.80
32 used & new from $5.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging story; great end to a fun series!, February 3, 2016
I have really enjoyed this series, and not just because it's set in Texas! This final book may be my favorite. While it can be read as a standalone, reading the first two books provides a richer experience since characters and backstory are referenced in this book. Amanda Cabot once again creates likable characters struggling with realistic issues and places them in an unlikely setting to come to terms with their situations. Cabot weaves together multiple story threads which keep the tale from dragging and further engages the reader in the lives of the characters. While the spiritual content is strong, it is neither preachy nor forced but a a natural aspect of the characters and their lives. Don't miss Lone Star Trail, and be sure to read the entire series as well!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Amanda Cabot and Baker/Revell for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Always Watching: A Novel (Elite Guardians)
Always Watching: A Novel (Elite Guardians)
by Lynette Eason
Price: $9.10
37 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down. Another stellar, heart-stopping suspense from Lynette Eason, February 2, 2016
I am Always Watching for a new release from Lynette Eason, and she is at the top of her game in this first book of her new Elite Guardians series. Known for her fast-paced, heart-stopping suspense, Eason pulls out all the stops in this story combining a creepy stalker, a popular radio show host, a preteen who thinks she's sixteen, and a top-notch private protection agency whose leader refuses to back down from the challenge before her, even at the cost of her life. The tightly woven plot leads the reader down several trails which hint at possible resolutions while making it impossible to guess the outcome. Eason's talents are not limited to the suspense angle, however, and her skillful character representations and dialogue add depth to this compelling tale. My only complaint about this book is that I couldn't put it down, so I finished it much too quickly. I'm already eagerly anticipating the second book, Without Warning, coming in late summer. Don't miss this exciting new series. Always Watching is available today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Lynette Eason and Baker/Revell for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Beyond the Silence
Beyond the Silence
by Tracie Peterson
Price: $9.24
61 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars They had me at the prologue and never let go!, February 1, 2016
This review is from: Beyond the Silence (Paperback)
Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse join forces on an engrossing historical tale that sweeps the reader back to California in the early 1890's. The tragic prologue immediately stirred my emotions and wrapped little Jimmy around my heart. Lillian and Woody garnered my sympathies and affections as well, and I ached for the judgmental attitudes exhibited by the townspeople toward Woody. Intrigue and suspense keep the story moving along, making it virtually impossible to stop at the end of each chapter. An array of eclectic characters gives the town depth and puts a unique spin on this satisfying tale. Grab your copy of Beyond the Silence today!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Bethany House Publishing and Litfuse Publicity Group for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Mermaid Moon (A Sunset Cove Novel Book 2)
Mermaid Moon (A Sunset Cove Novel Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling romantic suspense keeps you guessing to the final page, January 19, 2016
Colleen Coble is known for her great romantic suspense novels, and Mermaid Moon is one of her best. Engaging characters that are easy to like populate this intricate story. Coble's expert relational and plot development intertwine to create powerful emotion and tension that rise from the pages, which practically turn themselves. While I am a pretty astute reader, often catching subtle clues that let me guess a story's outcome, continual twists and turns keep this resolution buried until the very end. Readers of the first book in this series, The Inn at Ocean's Edge, will enjoy returning to this setting, although the two books stand alone. Grab your copy of Mermaid Moon today!

Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope)
Undaunted Hope (Beacons of Hope)
by Jody Hedlund
Price: $9.39
45 used & new from $6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and thoroughly satisfying. Just read it under a blanket!, January 19, 2016
I am loving Jody Hedlund's Beacons of Hope series that feature historic lighthouses in Michigan. Undaunted Hope takes a bit of a different twist as the main character, Tessa, is a teacher rather than a lightkeeper. Hedlund once again drew me in with her complex characters and intriguing story. The frozen isolation of Michigan's Upper Peninsula makes a perfect setting for this novel, and I suggest reading it under a blanket by a fireplace! Plenty of twists, turns, and heart-stopping incidents made this page-turner hard to put down. Be prepared for laughter, sighs, tears, and gasps as you settle in for a spell at Eagle Harbor. And while this novel stands alone, those who have read the previous books in this series are in for a delightful surprise with some unexpected connections. Adventure, romance, and a bit of suspense combine to make this a compelling and thoroughly satisfying read. Don't miss Undaunted Hope!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Jody Hedlund and Baker/Bethany House Publishers for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

At Love's Bidding
At Love's Bidding
by Regina Jennings
Price: $12.98
51 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read; engaging story with beautiful gems of truth tucked inside!, January 14, 2016
This review is from: At Love's Bidding (Paperback)
Regina Jennings quickly became one of my favorite authors with her debut novel several years ago, and I have enjoyed reading each of her books since that first release. This latest novel combines romance and mystery in a tale containing both dramatic and humourous moments. Jennings convolutes the circumstances with the contrast and clash of class distinctions as well as the disparity between provincial and urban cultures, adding conflict and tension. Perhaps the most meaningful aspect for me, however, is one you don't often see in historical fiction: that of an elderly character displaying dementia and the effect on the family. Jennings portrays this beautifully as Miranda, the community, and her family deal with the awkwardness, embarrassment, spiritual questioning, and decisions that come with such a situation, played out in an era when little was known about such a disease. I know God will use the nuggets of truth tucked in this story to minister to someone on a similar journey. Act now to get your copy of At Love's Bidding before it's going, going, gone!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Regina Jennings and Baker/Bethany House Publishers for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Thin Ice: A Novel (Men of Valor)
Thin Ice: A Novel (Men of Valor)
by Irene Hannon
Price: $9.02
50 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great hold-your-breath, edge-of-your-seat suspense from Irene Hannon!, January 11, 2016
Fair warning regarding this brand-new release from Irene Hannon: don't plan on doing anything else once you start it! Beginning with the blazing opening of the prologue, this spine-tingling, hold-your-breath novel kept me reading "one more chapter" until I had finished it. It's impossible not to like Christy after all she has been through, and Lance has all the attributes of a worthy hero. Irene Hannon paces the story perfectly, ratcheting up the suspense in incremental segments as the story builds, and providing glimpses into the perpetrator's mind. Hannon is at the top of her game with this novel, and this may be her best one yet. Don't miss Thin Ice!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from Baker/Revell Publishing for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Stars Over Sunset Boulevard
Stars Over Sunset Boulevard
by Susan Meissner
Price: $9.01
59 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex characters, intriguing story. Another must-read from Susan Meissner, January 8, 2016
Susan Meissner once again demonstrates why she is on my short-list of must-read authors with her latest release. Intertwining the contemporary and historical in her trademark style, Stars over Sunset Boulevard transports the reader between a boutique in present day Los Angeles and the iconic Hollywood of the late 1930's amidst the filming of a classic movie. Meissner creates complex and compelling characters in this story that portrays the dynamics of a friendship between two women, each seeking her heart's desires. Known for her rich prose and literary talent, the author engages the heart and the mind in this intriguing novel that begs to be read again and again to capture the nuances and imagery tucked inside. Don't miss Stars Over Sunset Boulevard!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book free from NAL/Penguin and Susan Meissner for a blog tour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20