Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for S/A > Reviews

Browse

S/A's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S/A RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO)

Microwave Pasta Cooker - The Original Fasta Pasta - No Mess, Sticking or Waiting For Boil
Offered by River Colony Trading
Price: $14.95
12 used & new from $12.06

4.0 out of 5 stars If the idea sounds appealing to you you will likely love it., March 16, 2009
I have found exactly three cons to this overall excellent item.

1) While this shouldn't be surprising given any experience with other foods microwaved vs cooked in their "traditional" method, the pasta is NOT exactly the same as it is when cooked on the stove. The texture is different. I don't mean the firmness of the noodles, following the cooking instructions has given me al dente noodles every time. I mean the outside of the pasta has a different texture. This is a minor point since it's still a very close approximation and if you are going to serve your noodles with sauce, cheese, or butter you won't even notice but it is there. I would probably not want to eat plain noodles from the Fasta Pasta but I also probably wouldn't want to eat plain noodles. ;)

2) While this will fit in the vast majority of microwaves it is too large for some. Make sure you have the dimensions of the microwave you intend to use this in most compared to the dimensions of the Fasta Pasta before you order. In my microwave at work the Fasta Pasta is too big to turn on the turn table and just sits in the microwave horizontally but it works just fine that way.

3) While I suppose the serving measuring holes in the top are useful for those measuring spaghetti (I prefer penne) they do make straining the noodles less convenient than it would be if there were no spaghetti measuring holes.

I'm just trying to be realistic about a product that I am overall extremely satisfied with. I would definitely recommend this item and I feel the price is fair.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2015 11:24 AM PDT

Weezer (Red Album)
Weezer (Red Album)
Price: $6.78
113 used & new from $0.31

3.0 out of 5 stars I do like that there's a THIRD self-titled album., July 2, 2008
This review is from: Weezer (Red Album) (Audio CD)
There was a period of time when Weezer was hardcore in the running for my FAVORITE band. I bought the Green Album the day it came out without having heard any of it just based on the credit they had w/ me for the first albums. At the time I was horrified, I wondered what had happened to them. The albums since then have made me think the Green Album isn't so bad, and that's sad. It's hard for people who didn't love Weezer before to understand reviewers like myself because current Weezer isn't THAT bad. There's plenty of worse music out there. In attempting to keep that in mind I gave this album 3 stars. But it's the love for the old Weezer and how much worse this is than that, how far it fell, that leads us to sometimes seem unfair to the band. "Pork and Beans" is particulary offensive as the music is actually pretty good, it gives us hope that maybe JUST MAYBE Weezer is back. But unfortunately that is definitely not the case. I am someone who usually appreciates musical risk taking, but Weezer's attempts on this album just don't work. It can't save it. In the song "Heart" which is a listing of music that Rivers loves we hear the lyrics obviously referring to Nirvana-

Had a baby on it
He was naked on it
Then I heard the chords
That broke the chains
I had upon me

It's depressing that Rivers himself has provided me with the perfect way to sum up what I feel has happened to this band. Why, oh god WHY, did you put the chains back on?