Profile for S. K. Harrell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 694

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. K. Harrell RSS Feed (NC)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Flirty Aprons Oven Mitt, Sassy Black
Flirty Aprons Oven Mitt, Sassy Black
Price: $9.73
4 used & new from $1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars It is sassy, October 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Looks great, works great. I appreciate that it has thermal lining, though it doesn't stop me from feeling hot items. It fits well, and would fit large hands well, too. I'd definitely buy another mitt from this designer.

Primula Flavor Now 2.7-Quart Pitcher with Instant Infuser, Flavor Wand and Chill Core, Cherry
Offered by Boston Fashion House
Price: $14.95
18 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If flavored water is what you want, this item does exactly that, and functions exactly as described. The item comes with clear instructions for use, a few recipes, and plenty of room for your imagination to muddle flavorful creations. It's easy to clean, stores simply, and its sleek design fits into even the most space-limited refrigerators.

The reason I give it 4 stars out of 5 is because the design of the muddling core is a bit dodgy. There's a lot going on in what seems like an otherwise simple undertaking. The insert for muddling twists into place, and it has a handle which seems poorly designed. It wouldn't be possible to twist the muddling core into or out of place without some kind of handle, but the 'basket' design, as it is, makes the small interior space crowded and fiddly to manage. As well, the muddler, itself, is very light and oddly designed. The rubber cuff doesn't serve any purpose, other than to trap fruit on the wrong side of it, which makes it sloppy to withdraw from the core.

Apart from its design weaknesses, I realized this just isn't the way I want to get fruit into my diet. I'd rather blend the whole fruit into a smoothie and get its benefits that way.

Again, if you want flavored waters, this pitcher is great for that, it just has some design quirks.

Contigo Cortland Water Bottle, 24-Ounce, Greyed Jade
Contigo Cortland Water Bottle, 24-Ounce, Greyed Jade
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK bottle, October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never found a water bottle that's perfect for me, so that's a factor in my judgment of this one. While this model is an improvement over Contigo's earlier versions, it still has a ways to go. For me, there's too much tech going into something that is really very simple.

I like the size and convenience of a reusable sealed container. The drinking lever can be locked so that it doesn't spill. However, it will leak if you close the top and accidentally flip the bottle upside down--or mine does, anyway. Not sure if that's functioning as intended.

Also, there is a bit much going on in the nose department. It's not a terrible hindrance, but I don't like my nose bumping against the top when I drink. And the lever allows a very small amount of liquid through at a time, so don't be too thirsty, and certainly have patience.

In general, I'm suspicious of all plastic, particularly those which are most likely to get hot in the outdoors--such as this one.

An improvement over the other models is that this one is easier to unscrew. The shape of its top gives me better grip in opening it. Also improved is the placement of the lever for drinking. On the older models my hand cramped stretching to hold the lever open.

In all, these are nice bottles, but I'm still not sold on the overall design.

Mega Bloks Call of Duty Ghosts Tactical Helicopter
Mega Bloks Call of Duty Ghosts Tactical Helicopter
Price: $61.38
13 used & new from $61.38

4.0 out of 5 stars A good set, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you can cope with the volume of pieces in this set, the end result is worth it. Not complicated in terms of how to put it together, it is complex. If you have a little one who loves working with Legos and Mega Bloks, s/he will love this set, though may require some adult supervision.
My biggest complaint is how long it takes to build it leads to milliseconds to demolish it and never find half the pieces again.
What can you do?

OXO Good Grips Wiper Blade Squeegee
OXO Good Grips Wiper Blade Squeegee
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on glass, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've used a heavy-duty squeegee in our shower for about 5 years. This one is considerably lighter, and when I received it in-hand, I didn't think it would accomplish much. It is, however, great for the glass. It gives a totally clear surface, and doesn't streak when I overlap in using it. I am not confident that it will be a longterm answer to use on the travertine. I suspect the roughness of the stone will finely shred the blade, making it useless on the glass.
So, it's a perfect solution, but it works well enough.

Zenith Galahad  3-Piece Bath Set
Zenith Galahad 3-Piece Bath Set
Price: $26.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set, October 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This set is lovely, though it's very light. It serves its purpose well, and looks very nice.

Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Fun At The Fair
Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Fun At The Fair
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so set, October 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This set is definitely intended for older kids. The 'mega' is brand only, because the pieces are tiny. It's a fun set for kids who are old enough to assemble the set as intended,though it's kind of a one-shot deal. It gets put together proper once, then the pieces get mixed into the other sets we have, never to meet again. It's great that they learn to follow instructions to put the set together.

That said, this set goes together tightly. There's no room for maneuvering the characters once it's all in place. It's really meant to put together and look at, not for play at all.

Bell+Howell 9434 Clever Grip Air Vent Portable easy phone mount good for all smart phones
Offered by ShopAsSeenOnTV
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, October 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It serves its purpose, well enough. The main point on this item is to note the dimensions. It fits most smart phones, but not necessarily those in cases. It is barely wide enough to fit a Galaxy 5 in a slim case. Given that, getting it on and out of the bracket without pulling it off the vent requires some awkward wrestling.

I've never found a car phone mount that was at the right height, and this one is. I'm not sure how great it will be in winter when I have the heat blasting. Not a perfect solution, still a good one.

We shall see!

Aurora Plush Fiona Fox Flopsie - 12"
Aurora Plush Fiona Fox Flopsie - 12"
Price: $11.02
20 used & new from $5.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but cheap, September 30, 2014
This fox is great, and my son loves it. Even with light play, I had to stitch a seam inside two weeks.

So, yes, they are very soft and wonderfully detailed. Expect to be active in keeping it that way.

New Balance Women's The Shockingly Unshocking Sports Bra, Amethyst, 36D
New Balance Women's The Shockingly Unshocking Sports Bra, Amethyst, 36D

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not perfect, September 30, 2014
These bras are fabulous for small-waited women with a larger bust size. They are well-constructed, nice to look at, hold well, and hold up in the wash.

The problem with them is that in order for them to really do their job, they are sized small. The cup size fits fine. The waistband, however, is snug. It is exactly the size I need, though, as if I got a larger size, it wouldn't serve its purpose in keeping everything snug.

I'm not crazy with the design of the straps. It's nice that they are adjustable, and the velcro is soft and quiet. I just wonder how the strap through the fabric will hold up over time.

So, yes, they are fabulous and worth the price (although when they first came out, they were $25). Expect the fit to be a bit fiddly, though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20