Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cayucas The Next Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for bookworm > Reviews

Browse

bookworm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 174

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bookworm RSS Feed (Washington)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Save Me
Save Me
by Lisa Scottoline
60 used & new from $0.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Still reading, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Save Me (Paperback)
I'm only up to page 136 so I can't judge the entire book but I can say this much I'm getting annoyed at this" mommy" in italics popping up about every other page. It's not adding to the story any that has been revealed,so far. I can't believe so many people are jumping to the conclusion that what Rose did was wrong when they had no idea of the conditions she was functioning under.

Capitol Threat: A Novel of Suspense
Capitol Threat: A Novel of Suspense
by William Bernhardt
Price: $7.99
91 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Political Fairy Tale, August 13, 2013
I don't recall reading any books by this author, so I can't compare to the others. Too many stories linked to come to the final conclusion. I saw no purpose whatsoever for the part Loving played in the story. Evidently he wasn't missed because no one commented on his absence. The story just dragged along but supposedly all this happened in a short time from the time the Judge was selected for the Supreme Court.

I'll stick to Grisham's court room dramas.

The Ice Princess: A Novel
The Ice Princess: A Novel
by Camilla Lackberg
Price: $11.77
213 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler alert, spoiler alert, August 5, 2013
This is the third book I have read by Lackberg featuring Patrik Hedstrom and look forward to more.

The part I found unreal was a 10 year old in the 8th grade and developed enough to get pregnant. The usual age for 8th graders is 13 and 14 and would have been more believable for the storyline

Chasing Fire [Mass Market Paperback]
Chasing Fire [Mass Market Paperback]
by Nora Roberts
Edition: Unknown Binding
8 used & new from $6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Enough, July 21, 2013
I am a fan of Roberts. I'm almost finished reading this one and I'm enjoying it. I stopped to read the reviews and I'm surprised by the negative comments about too much detail on forest fighting. What did they think a book titled "Chasing Fire" would be about?

I have one comment about the luxury camp they lounged in while waiting for the siren to sound. The fire camps I have observed here are just temporary crowded tent camps. No cooks dishing out gourmet meals and packing picnic baskets. Maybe there is one like this in Missoula, Montana, but not in my area.

And as for the language I guess these critics have not rented a current movie video to watch.

A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk)
A Step of Faith: A Novel (The Walk)
by Richard Paul Evans
227 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long of a walk, June 18, 2013
I had no idea this was part of a series, there should have been a note on the book cover. No wonder I felt like I was playing catch up with the characters that I didn't know the history about. Not until the last page where it says "to be continued"

I don't think I'll bother finding that next part of this travelogue. Not all that interesting to me. Nice he could afford to stay in motels and hotels along the way.

I wish you well with your future Alan.

The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy Book 14)
The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy Book 14)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished, May 24, 2013
I was very disappointed in this book,mainly the ending and all the questions left unanswered. Several characters were introduced and then ended up not having a satisfactory connection or resolution to the trial or it's outcome. After it was all over with everyone seemed to go on with life unchanged. Too many of us like the stories all wrapped up nicely with satisfactory endings. I'm not going to dig into any part of the plot because if you have read it you know the whole story. I'm just giving my opinion and reaction toit.

The Power Broker: A Novel
The Power Broker: A Novel
by Stephen W. Frey
Price: $7.52
129 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Grisham he ain't, May 6, 2013
To be fair I'm only on page 22 but he has already used what must be one of his favorite expressions "way cool" do macho fire jumpers like the last book I read by him and now burly ex football players actually talk that way? I've only heard very young teens use that expression. I know this is probably a small thing to pick on because from some of the reviewers it's only going to get worse.

Oh well better luck with my next choice

"C" Is for Corpse (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)
"C" Is for Corpse (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)
by Sue Grafton
Price: $7.99
140 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Backtracking, May 2, 2013
I have not been reading this series in order, just when I run across one. They are all good.what amuses me is when I run across a reference to something no longer in use or allowed. For instance the IBM Selectric II Or smoking in the waiting rooms of hospitals. I haven't gotten into the story very far so far

The Silent Girl (with bonus short story Freaks): A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
The Silent Girl (with bonus short story Freaks): A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
by Tess Gerritsen
Price: $8.82
201 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler alert, April 21, 2013
I was sorry to see the whole reason for all the mystery was based on a long lasting case of incest followed by the urges of a pedophiliac. It was all tied in together and given a good ending though.

Fear The Night
Fear The Night
by John Lutz
Price: $5.99
54 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old same old, April 9, 2013
By page 25. We read about illegal Cuban cigars. At least the cutter wasn't described as a miniature guillotine as was the case in 2 previous books even though the retired cop/detectives are 3 different characters. It must be a favorite of the author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18