Profile for D. Coral > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 171

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Coral RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Quartet Dry Erase Markers, EnduraGlide, Fine Tip, BOLD COLOR, Assorted Vivid Colors, 12 Pack (5001-10VECR)
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wipes off without leaving a trace on the board, or on the eraser, January 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These markers are perfect for my mini whiteboard because they have a fine line, between 1 to 2mm depending on the angle of the pen. What I like especially is that they erase clean. I can take my finger and erase the line and none of the ink will end up on my finger, it all just crumbles away leaving everything completely clean. The colors are nice and bright as well.

ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Case Friendly
ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Case Friendly
Offered by HYDE PARK
Price: $17.71
25 used & new from $9.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Glass is so much easier to apply than plastic film, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whenever I put on an iPhone screen protector my heart starts beating like a hummingbird because I usually mess it up, trapping lint and air bubbles in between, and then pulling it off for another attempt before I finally trash it. This is the first time I tried the glass version. It is so much easier to apply than the plastic film type! The two tabs on both ends make it possible to gently hover it over the iPhone gradually bringing it closer so it's perfectly aligned. Then it bonds with the screen without any bubbles because the glass protector doesn't have the flex to create the bubbles. It feels much better than plastic - very smooth so finger swipes feel the same as a bare screen. From now on I will only use the glass type. Here is a photo of what the edge looks like on an iPhone 6+.
Comment Comment | Permalink

4-Pack of Lectron Pro 3.7 volt - 180mAh 45C Lipos for Blade mCX, mCX2, mSR, mSR X, Nano QX, Nano CPX, and UMX AS3Xtra
Offered by Common Sense Industries, Inc.
Price: $20.95
4 used & new from $14.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight comparison, January 25, 2015
I used a precision scale to check the exact weight of the different batteries for my Nano QX:
This Lectron 180mAh 45C battery weighs 4.55g
The Lectron 160mAh 25C battery weighs 4.11g
The stock eFlite 150mAh 25C battery weighs 4.14g

Quartet Cubicle Arc Frame Magnetic Dry-Erase Board, 14 x 11 Inches, Aluminum Frame (ARC1411)
Price: $18.16
38 used & new from $10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits in a laptop bag, January 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This fits perfectly my laptop bag (for a 17" laptop). So I can use it while traveling to different offices. It's nice to have a whiteboard on the road so I can make quick design sketches. Here's a photo of how it fits in the laptop case.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Cream, 3.5 Ounce, (Pack of 3)
Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Cream, 3.5 Ounce, (Pack of 3)
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Compared to Desitin and Triple Paste, January 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has almost the same consistency as Desitin, except without the classic fragrance of Desitin. This one is very easy to apply when the baby is kicking around squirming all over the place since it spreads so easily, and this style bottle is easy to hold in the same hand. Triple Paste is great for heavy duty protection and that one is much thicker, also without fragrance. This Aquaphor cream is most convenient for frequent use as a really thin protective layer.

Oregon Scientific RM313PNA Self-Setting Projection Alarm Clock with Indoor Thermometer, Blue
Price: $27.22
97 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still our favorite alarm clock after 7 years, January 23, 2015
I purchased this in December 2007 and this continues to be our favorite alarm clock. Each year I look around for the latest advances in alarm clocks, but I haven't found anything better in a self-setting projection clock. But this clock can be improved. I wish that Oregon Scientific would make the exact same design with a projection light that could go even brighter when it detects higher light levels. When a little bit of light makes it through the window blinds, the projection on the ceiling gets washed out and it's impossible to read unless the room is pretty dark. If a model like that would be released then I would stop looking for something better, but right now I'm still looking to improve on our favorite. (I noticed there is a daylight projection model, but reviewers say that it is too bright at night, so apparently it doesn't adjust to light levels very well, plus it has a totally different style/design).

Kolcraft Baby Dri Crib & Toddler Mattress
Kolcraft Baby Dri Crib & Toddler Mattress
Offered by DropAir
Price: $88.52
8 used & new from $73.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely weak, sinking springs, January 23, 2015
I couldn't believe how plush, soft, weak the bed springs are in this toddler mattress. Before I looked up the product information I thought it was an inflatable air mattress because it would sink and flatten out so easily. It would jiggle around like a rowboat on a lake with the slightest shifting of weight. Our 2 year old would keep crawling over in the middle of the night to sleep on the carpet instead of on this bed, and we finally realized it's because he likes a firmer surface. We ended up throwing this mattress away. Beds that are much too soft are not good for toddlers.

ONE - My Weigh Triton T3 400g x 0.01g Digital Scale w/Rubber Case - TOUGH!
ONE - My Weigh Triton T3 400g x 0.01g Digital Scale w/Rubber Case - TOUGH!
Offered by One Way Street
Price: $27.99
10 used & new from $27.50

2.0 out of 5 stars First impression compared to Palmscale 8, January 23, 2015
I purchased both this Triton T3 and the Palmscale 8. I like the Palmscale 8 much better. When you look at the construction there's no much tough about this scale other than the rubber padding on the case. The biggest problem with this Triton T3 is that it is not accurate (probably got a defective one). The numbers are all over the place and fluctuate constantly, while the Palmscale 8 is stable. The Triton T3 keeps showing the message "Unstbl" upon startup even when I place it on a very stable concrete level ground. The only time it won't show "Ustbl" is when I use the lid as the plastic tray. I think the Triton T3 must need calibration out of the box (because the weight is way off compared to the PS8, and the PS8 exactly matches its included calibration weight) but it doesn't come with 2x 200g calibration weights which you'd have to buy separately. I'm not sure if calibration would fix the annoying "Unsbl" message when not using the lid tray. When I place a 200g calibration weight on the Triton T3, it says the weight limit is overweight, even though this is supposed to go up to 400g (another clue it may be a defective unit). I didn't expect that I would end up liking the PS8 better because usually I always go for the "tough" products, but not this time.

Blade BLH7680 Nano QX BNF with SAFE (No Transmitter Included)
Blade BLH7680 Nano QX BNF with SAFE (No Transmitter Included)
Offered by Aidleyco Baby
Price: $69.99
26 used & new from $60.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Some tips if it doesn't fly straight, January 22, 2015
When I first got this super fun little Nano QX, it wouldn't fly straight and I had to use excessive amounts of trim, until I discovered a few things to check. The most common reason for wobbly flight is not giving the gyros a chance to initialize with their reference point. Place it on a perfectly level surface immediately after plugging in the battery. But some of the other reasons that I ran into are much less obvious. I had a loose propeller straight from the factory setup, so one of the propellers did not provide as much lift (it would occasionally slip against the spindle). I didn't discover this until the propeller finally came entirely loose and flew off, and when I replaced this propeller I barely had to use any trim at all. With the loose propeller I had to use lots of trim. Another reason for inconsistent control is if the battery keeps sliding back and forth in the clip, changing the center of gravity during flight, so I put a piece of tape around the battery to make it snug. Sometimes hairs get tangled on the spindle and this can be hard to notice, but this can also cause one propeller to spin slightly slower. Everyone who comes over to visit is amazed when I fly this around the house. The only reason for not flying it far away is because it gets hard to tell which is front and back from a distance, and outdoors the wind takes it to visit your neighbor if you go up high. Here's a pic I took of my friend taking it for a spin.

Smart Weigh JDS20 Digital Portable Milligram Pocket Scale, 20 by 0.001g
Smart Weigh JDS20 Digital Portable Milligram Pocket Scale, 20 by 0.001g
Price: $19.20
2 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality, January 21, 2015
It looks nice in the product photos, but when I received it, this scale feels like it is made of really cheap plastic and flimsy. Many people say it is only accurate to 0.01g and not 0.001g as claimed. I really doubt it will do 0.001g accurately if the cheap construction is any indication. I'm going to replace with the MyWeigh Palmscale 8 or the MyWeigh Triton T3 400 which are about the same size and are accurate to 0.01g. The MyWeigh scales are also made in China but those are designed in Germany at least.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20