Profile for Twinkieslug > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Twinkieslug "K9 Kaos" RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Premier Pet Spill-less Bowl 8-Inch Purple
Premier Pet Spill-less Bowl 8-Inch Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spill less bowl, March 20, 2011
This bowl is not only great because it doesn't spill, it also doesn't tip over and comes in nice colors.

Walky Dog Plus Hands Free Dog Bicycle Exerciser Leash 2015 Newest Model with 550-lbs pull strength Paracord Leash Military Grade
Offered by The WalkyPet
Price: $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great!, March 20, 2011
After reading other reviews, I selected the Walky Dog. I have done about 10 rides with it, no problems. My dog got used to it quick. So far he only tried to bolt off sideways after a squirrel once. The tire skidded sideways a little but it was no big deal. I wasn't even paying attention and still didn't come close to falling. He's a 40 pound dog. He's tall, I took one adjustment spring out and it is perfect. The easy on/off is great. I keep my bike indoors so have to go through doorways, no problem. I tried adding the bungee as in the other review but decided not to use it for now. I feel more comfortable keeping the lead shorter for traffic for now. I'm using a reflective harness on my dog. Thinking about getting a flashing light for the top of his harness. I'm worried about traffic coming up behind us not seeing him. I'm going to put some reflective tape on the Walky Dog itself too. I'm happy I got it, and would recommend it for dog exercising.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts longer than the rawhide rings, June 11, 2010
My dogs love the Busy Buddy bones. They get the rawhide rings off first, pretty quick. I am happy to be able to get all cornstarch now, lasts longer. For dogs that aren't so food motivated, the easier rawhide rings are better as the dogs get frustrated with the cornstarch and give up.

YUP! Marrowchews, 4-1/4-Inch by 1-Inch, Small
YUP! Marrowchews, 4-1/4-Inch by 1-Inch, Small
Price: $8.93
18 used & new from $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars So far it's a hit, but get Large size., June 11, 2010
My dogs loved this bone. I bought it as an experiment, as my current dogs don't care much for Nylabones. The only issue was that I bought "Medium" and medium is pretty small. I would get Large for any dog over 30 pounds. One of my bigger dogs did manage to chew the knuckle part off one end. I tossed both pieces after that for fear that one would swallow the end piece and get obstructed.

It does say in small print on the package "for outdoor use only." I'm guessing this is because the marrow may stain a carpet or something??? Mine chewed it indoors, no problems.

Assuming my dogs like the large size just as much, and that they can't chew the end off so easily, Marrow Bone may be one of my new faves. The other chew toy I have been very happy with is the Premier Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone, Medium That is another way I can get my dogs to chew on nylon bones.

Pigeons (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
Pigeons (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
by Matthew M. Vriends
Price: $9.99
74 used & new from $5.21

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., February 19, 2010
Didn't go into the fancy breeds much. Most of the pix were illustrations, would have preferred photos of the real thing. Also didn't go into any of the various pigeon sports besides plain pigeon racing. There's got to be a better pij book out there.

Adopting the Racing Greyhound
Adopting the Racing Greyhound
by Cynthia A. Branigan
Price: $12.60
138 used & new from $0.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much info about the track life, July 14, 2009
This book is probably good for someone who has never had greyhounds. I have had non-track greys. I got this book to learn about the particulars of the rescues off the track as I was interested in fostering. I really didn't learn very much at all that I didn't already know. Now I'm reading the Racing Greyhounds for Dummies book. I haven't finished it yet, but I already like that one a lot better.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone Dog Toy
PetSafe Busy Buddy Bouncy Bone Dog Toy
Price: $3.99 - $32.45

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog's love it, July 14, 2009
All my dogs like this toy. Some of them get the rings off pretty quick though. It comes with soft rawhide rings and harder sorbitol rings. I would like to be able to buy refills of just the sorbitol rings as they last longer. It's a great toy to keep the dogs happy when they are crated.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Dispensing Dog Toy
PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Dispensing Dog Toy
Price: $5.19 - $95.76

1.0 out of 5 stars My dog broke it quickly, July 14, 2009
I bought this toy and put one of my dogs in her crate with it. I just filled it with a handful of kibble. 1/2 hour later the Tug a Jug was broken. My dog had chewed the end off where it screws on. Her chewing destroyed the threads so the toy is useless. She's a 55 pound food motivated dog, medium chewer. My original worry about the Tug a Jug was that it would be noisy on hard floors. It never made it that far. I had better luck with the Busy Bone toy, although she can get the Gnawhide rings off pretty quick. At least that one is still usable.

Large Litter Pan Liners 12pk
Large Litter Pan Liners 12pk
Offered by KV Pet
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money if you can get them in bulk, June 4, 2009
I find it easier , less time consuming, and more economical to use standard generic litter with liners than using scoopable litter in multi-cat households. The liners keep the litter box bottom from getting yucky. You do need to keep the nails trimmed on your cat(s) or they will tear up the liner. This happens occasionally anyways but with a quick transfer to a close trash this is not too much of a tragedy.

Innotek Lap Dog Trainer
Innotek Lap Dog Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collar, June 4, 2009
This review is from: Innotek Lap Dog Trainer (Misc.)
This collar works as described. Initially it was hard to turn it on and off but the mechanism has loosened up a bit with time. The collar has to be really snug to work, right up behind the ears. I put the receiver on the back or side of the neck as it is too uncomfortable on the throat. I picked the Lap Dog Trainer because the receiver on the bigger collar was too bulky, the dog is a 40 pound whippet with a slender neck. (The draw back of the small size is lack of recharge ability.) I bought it to correct him when he chases my pet sheep, and also fast running dogs as he is aggressive when he catches them. Overall it works but I found for a prey drive issue that once the dog is in full chase mode, he will often be too amped to respond to the shock. He will respond if I can get him before he gets into a full run. Then I really praise him with when he chooses not to chase. This is a hard issue for a dog bred to chase animals. To be fair, I do let him chase all the squirrels he wants as an acceptable outlet for that prey drive. The electric collars in general warn that they are not meant to deal with aggression issues and one should consult a professional trainer before using one in that situation.

Page: 1 | 2