Profile for Elena.st > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elena.st RSS Feed (New Jersey USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wrenwane Digital Kitchen Timer
Wrenwane Digital Kitchen Timer
Offered by Wrenwane
Price: $9.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugly. Not as pictured. Comes without battery., May 23, 2015
The timer has a very cheap and flimsy feel to it. Mine had the words "digital timer" in ugly font printed above the LCD (not as pictured). I might have given it a try if it had a battery, but it did not have one. I'm sending it back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2015 3:52 AM PDT

Heath Zenith BL-6133-WH Basic Solutions Wireless Switch and Wall Switch
Heath Zenith BL-6133-WH Basic Solutions Wireless Switch and Wall Switch

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy looks, flimsy feel. Does not work with fluorescent bulbs., January 25, 2015
Wall plate is about 3/4" thick, looks ugly. Does not completely turn off fluorescent energy-efficient bulbs. Leaves them flickering. It may have some residual current through incandescent bulbs, not enough to keep them glowing, but wasting electricity.

Fender Passport Studio Portable Powered Studio Monitors
Fender Passport Studio Portable Powered Studio Monitors
Price: $599.99
14 used & new from $527.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only true portable pair of monitors, December 19, 2014
I am not a music producer or a DJ. The main reason I bought these speakers is the ease of transportation. I took them on a recent vacation to Puerto Rico, and everyone loved them. Paired with an HRT music streamer, they deliver dense sound plenty loud for a 400 sq. ft. room. Or stick them by your hammock on the terrace where the rain won't get them, roll a smoke of choice, and enjoy.
They are built very well and look good. There is a slight hiss from the tweeters even with volume turned to minimum, not a big deal. Te bass is lacking, to be expected from a 5" woofer. But these are meant to be transportable, so it is a reasonable compromise. The interconnect cable between left and right could be longer, especially for my applications. Again, not a big deal.
At home I use them with my digital piano and as computer speakers. I am not thrilled with the piano sound. To me it is marginally better than stock speakers (I have DP-90SE), but as computer speakers they do deliver.
They will not -- they cannot -- beat a pair of decent studio monitors with bigger woofers. But then again, the key here is portability, and ability to blast your music on the go, wherever you wish to throw a little party. I will be taking them to cabin trips, beach vacations, even to a party at a friends' house if they are known for not having a decent system. I just clam them together and put them in the trunk, and off we go!

U.S. Polo Association Little Boys' Flat Front Twill Short, Khaki, 3T
U.S. Polo Association Little Boys' Flat Front Twill Short, Khaki, 3T

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality. Stitches came out after 1 wash., September 6, 2014
The shorts looked great the first day my preschooler wore them. However, after the first wash a lot of stitches in the back of the shorts came out, with pieces of strings hanging out everywhere. My son will wear them again, but they do not look as good any more. I'll see if they survive the second wash.

Teva Women's Ewaso Sandal,Purple Orchid,8 M US
Teva Women's Ewaso Sandal,Purple Orchid,8 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars Tight and may cause blisters, August 14, 2014
These shoes push on the top front of my mom's foot. The rubber strap is too tight for her, even if she loosens all of the straps. She felt that she is getting a blister, so we returned them. I expected Teva shoes to be much more adjustable than these ones.
Overall, they are soft, and might be comfortable for somebody with a different foot shape. My mom's feet are thin on average.

City Threads Little Boys' Boxer Briefs 3-pack, Windup Toy, 4T
City Threads Little Boys' Boxer Briefs 3-pack, Windup Toy, 4T
Offered by Jolity

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these. Beware of the size!, May 15, 2014
I bought City Threads underwear in size 3T for my 2 and a half year old son. My son is almost 3 now, and size 3T is too small. I bought these briefs in size 4T, and they are great! So easy for him to put on and take off, soft, and look good.

City Threads Little Boys' Briefs 3-Pack - Cool Kid -3T
City Threads Little Boys' Briefs 3-Pack - Cool Kid -3T
Offered by Jolity
Price: $22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality - runs small, April 30, 2014
The material is nice and thick - maybe even too thick for hot summer days. But, very soft with no irritating parts. Unfortunately, these are too small for my almost 3 year old.

Black (The Circle)
Black (The Circle)
by Ted Dekker
23 used & new from $2.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fantasy and allegory, mediocre writing, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Black (The Circle) (Paperback)
There are so many great ideas in this book : the role of the history of Earth in the future, the completely different society and norms of the people in the future, the religion of the people in the future... Ted Dekker's imagination is rich, some of the fantastic concepts in this book are very cool, and the philosophical ideas are pretty good.

The writing is not so good. Large portions of the book are wasted on meaningless action that does not reveal anything about the characters, and has nothing to do with the fantastic or philosophical concepts in the book. Similar action sequences can be found in any thriller in an airport bookstore: the good guy, maybe with a girl, is chased by the bad guys, then fights them (the fight described in detail) or runs away, falls and stands up again...

Part of the book focuses on the political response of the world to a threat. I don't think that the author has great journalistic knowledge to envision this in an interesting way.

The descriptions of the fantastic future were much more interesting. Unfortunately, many of the events based in the future are also described in this action-focused (versus character-focused) style. This style does make me want to turn the page and learn what happens next, but it does not touch me emotionally. After reading pages of meaningless action and simple dialogue related to the action in order to get to the beautiful and imaginative parts, I felt cheated out of my time. I read the beginning of "Red" and I think that it is even more action oriented.

Leveret Little boys "Garbage Truck" 2 Piece Pajama 100% Cotton (2-8 Years)
Leveret Little boys "Garbage Truck" 2 Piece Pajama 100% Cotton (2-8 Years)
Offered by Leveret
Price: $13.99 - $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and comfy. Run a little small, January 28, 2014
This set is adorable. The colors are bright and the garbage truck is a hit with my son.The material is very soft. We ordered size 3T for our 2.5 year old son. He is 80 percentile in height and weight. The pajama fits perfectly.
We bought another leveret pajama set.

CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with CHERRY MX Blue Switches
Offered by YOU'R BEST CHOICE
Price: $133.99
5 used & new from $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Small size CTRL, January 21, 2014
This is my second mechanical keyboard. The first one is 10 keyless by Filco, which is perfect in every way and twice as expensive. This keyboard comes very close to perfection: solid build, excellent key action, detachable cord of high quality. The major drawback is the small size of CTRL keys, which are about two-thirds the size of SHIFT. On the other hand, WIN and ALT keys are unnecessarily large, I would prefer them to be the size of a regular key. This would allow CTRL to be normal size. The LED lights are way too bright, which is a very common problem with [cheap] electronic products these days. And the font is ugly. But I would guess that most people interested in mechanical keyboards can type without ever looking at the keyboard, so appearance is not a big deal. Overall, I'm quite happy, and I would easily trade my Filco for two of these, if I needed an extra keyboard. Good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4