Profile for L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L "L" RSS Feed (MS)

Page: 1 | 2
Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World
Price: $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, August 25, 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I attended the Harvest School of missions in Pemba and really enjoyed being a part of the great work that the Bakers are doing there. :). Bless yall

The Veil
The Veil
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book!!, August 25, 2014
This review is from: The Veil (Kindle Edition)
This book challenged me in so many ways! It challenged me to look more. It's a great book I highly recommend!

All That You Can't Leave Behind: A Rookie Missionary's Life in Africa
All That You Can't Leave Behind: A Rookie Missionary's Life in Africa
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, August 25, 2014
I enjoyed the honesty, as a missionary I can totally relate!!! It is a good book and an easy read.

Bilingual Holy Bible English Portuguese
Bilingual Holy Bible English Portuguese
Price: $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than I thought!, May 8, 2012
I was really skeptical at first. And I thought that I wouldn't like it because I like to draw in my bible and make notes of what GOD speaks to me while I read it. I wanted a English/Portuguese parallel bible because I don't speak Portuguese and we are going to a Portuguese speaking country for a month. What I didn't think about is that in other countries most of the time people aren't really receptive to a bible, so this is good. :) And most of the time the way that my bible looks would scare someone. You can make notes on the kindle and highlight things, but it just looks neater! Not to mention that I couldn't find one bible that was English/Portuguese online or in the store, we tried all kinds of options. Anyway, this is a good line for line bible. One verse of English, one verse of Portuguese. Very practical! :) Hope this helps you!

The Jungle Book (Two-Disc 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition)
The Jungle Book (Two-Disc 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition)
DVD ~ Phil Harris
23 used & new from $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad to see this on DVD, January 8, 2008
So glad that they finally brought this out on DVD. I have to admit that I bought this movie for my husband, he loves the bear necessities of life! And the kids love it too! Great movie!!

Klutz Book of Paper Airplanes
Klutz Book of Paper Airplanes
by Doug Stillinger
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $12.96
204 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I have never seen paper airplanes go so far!, January 8, 2008
This book is AWESOME!!! My kids, (boys and girls) have had so much fun with it. And I have to admit I have too. I never knew that paper airplanes could go so far!! I have always made them and the second that they leave your hand they go straight down and do a nose dive into the ground. They explain in the front of the book why and what to do to stop that, and it works! This is the second book that we have bought by Klutz and they are both awesome! Also try the tissue paper flowers book, it has made our lives all more colorful. You won't be disappointed in these books. They work well when you aren't satisfied just buying another video game. And they really help you use your brain and your hands which is great for kids.

Tissue Paper Flowers with Other
Tissue Paper Flowers with Other
by Klutz Press
Edition: Spiral-bound
37 used & new from $10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fun and very neat book!, January 8, 2008
This book is very fun and neat. It shows you step by step how to make tissue paper flowers. My children absolutely love it! We have had hours of countless fun times with it. My only complaint is that after we made the flowers there was a mess with the extra paper all over the place. Now if they would just include a cute little man to pick up all the trimmings that would be GREAT!! But you won't be disappointed with this one if you are looking for a fun project book, also check out the one to make paper airplanes, it is awesome also!

Crayola Color Explosion Glow Board
Crayola Color Explosion Glow Board
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $25.00
27 used & new from $8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat toy for the artist in your family, January 8, 2008
This is a neat little toy for the artist in your family. We bought 2 for Christmas and they have been enjoyed to say the least. They are a good price here on amazon. We got them when they were on sale. The children really enjoy being able to draw on them over and over. Only problem that I forsee is the little paper towels that are sitting all over the house from cleaning them off. Of course it is much better than the millions of papers that we had before!

Rubik's Brain Racker
Rubik's Brain Racker
2 used & new from $32.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot harder for smaller kids, January 7, 2008
This review is from: Rubik's Brain Racker (Toy)
This game was purchased for our son for Christmas. It is pretty durable, but harder than it looks. We got several different varieties of rubiks cubes for presents thinking that it would be a solitary game for the kids to play when mom needed some quiet time. The only person that seems to care that they are messed up is mom! On the durability note, this one doesn't have stickers to take off and the pieces don't pop off (trust me she has tried!) But if you want a brain teaser this is your game!

Uno Blitzo Electronic Game
Uno Blitzo Electronic Game
17 used & new from $13.33

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW what a game!, January 7, 2008
This game is GREAT! We have 3 kids and they are always asking to play UNO. We bought a few different types of UNO for Christmas this year and man oh man this is one of moms favorite. It has a feature that lets the kids play the computer. HOW NICE IS THAT. I mean lets face it, it is great to play games with your kids, but did I mention that we have 3 kids? So if you want a little breather they can always play this one, but it is a definite addition to any UNO collection. Plus there are no cards to keep up with! You can play up to 4 players, or right back down to one! If you are thinking this purchase, go for it! You won't be disappointed!

Page: 1 | 2