Profile for MyBeesWax > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 237

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MyBeesWax "A Music Fan" RSS Feed (The Heart of the Golden State)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LingsFire® LS-S2 Universal Intelligent Automatic Fast USB Port Dual/Double-Channel Rechargeable Battery Spring Charger for 1.2V and 3.7V Rechargeable Battery, 1.2V/AA AAA 3.7V/18650,18500,17650,16340,14500,10500 Batteries
Offered by TangsFire
Price: $9.55
2 used & new from $8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges Both NiCad And Lithium Batteries, March 4, 2015
I recharge AA/AAA NiCad and 18650 Lithium batteries on this charger -- no problems. It is very lightweight (only 2.3 oz) and the quality of the construction is very decent. The 2 slots work independently so I don't have to charge batteries in pairs. Each slot has its own LED indicator. The LED blinks red when it is charging; it does not indicate a bad battery like the LED on a lot of other chargers, so don't be alarmed.

Freshtech: Mobile Vent Car Mount + Air Freshener
Freshtech: Mobile Vent Car Mount + Air Freshener
Offered by BLUTEKUSA
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Suited For Thinner Phones; Innovative Method Of Vent Attachment; Lovely-Smelling Air Freshener, March 1, 2015
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

This mount has some good points, like the ease with which it can be secured onto your air vent. The air freshener placement -- right in front of an air vent -- could not be more perfect for dispersing the fragrance of an air freshener. This mount also has some bad points, particularly on the clamp, that prevents me from giving it a five-star rating.

The clamp holds thinner devices, such as my iPhone 4, quite well. However, it doesn't hold thicker devices, such as my Blu Studio Android phone, quite as securely because the clamp surfaces lack depth. My Android Phone has flown off the clamp under bumpy road conditions. Rounded back edges on a thicker phone also poses a problem for the clamp since the rounded back edges are more prone to slipping off the clamp.

The clamps could also use more padding. A tab on the front of each of the clamp jaws (meant to prevent the phone from slipping off the edge of the clamp) is not padded. These tabs could potentially scratch the edge of a phone. The lack of padding, however, shouldn't be a problem with a phone that has a case on, especially a case with a "lip" that wraps around the edges of the phone.

The mount definitely has a couple of things going for it:

1) I like the innovative method it uses to secure itself to the air vent: it uses 4 tapered, rubber-coated tips that grab on to a louvre (with 2 tips on each side of the louvre). Once attached to the air vent, the mount stay on very securely, even under the weight of a phone.

2) The air freshener is quite pleasant smelling (I got the Black Magic scent). The air flow from the air vent help to effectively disperse the scent. The air freshener does its work even more rapidly with the heater turned on as the heat from the heater help speed up the diffusion of the scented oils. Note: to insert a refill, you have to twist the blue cap behind the clamp CLOCKWISE, not counter-clockwise -- took me a while to figure that out!

---
In sum, I like this mount for the innovative method of vent attachment and for the effectiveness of the air freshener. However, this mount is best suited for a slimmer phone due to the aforementioned weaknesses of the clamp.

Grayline 41572 Tension Pole Caddy, White
Grayline 41572 Tension Pole Caddy, White
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They are plastic but they feel sturdy enough for holding heavier toiletries like large bottles of ..., February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These shelves look lovely. They are plastic but they feel sturdy enough for holding heavier toiletries like large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. However, I'm leery about dispensing the contents from a pump-type bottle while the bottle is seated on a shelf as I'm unsure how the shelves will hold up to the stress of the brisk pumping action.

Grayline also makes a steel, chrome-plated version of this shelf pole caddy. I should think the steel version will hold up a lot better under heavier weights.

Aduro PowerUP 20W 4-Port (4A Total) PWP-4U USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, LG and More (Black)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Same Current Across 4 Ports Despite Port Labels; Best For Devices With 1 Amp Current Draw, February 28, 2015
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

The labels on the ports make absolutely no sense to me. My tests indicate the current across all 4 ports are the same (~1A). I charged my Kindle HDX (input current rated at 1.8 Amps) on all four ports and on each port I took note of the time required for an increase in a predetermined number of percentage points in the battery life.

The result: There is no appreciable differences in the charge times across all 4 ports. Also, note that it took longer to charge the Kindle 8.9 HDX with this adapter than it did with the adapter that came with the Kindle.

One thing I like about this adapter is it can be plugged into either the upper or lower AC outlet without obstructing the other outlet (the plug is non-polarized).

I would recommended this charger only for charging devices that have a rated input current of 1A (that means most phones -- check your device documentation). Devices such as the iPad (rated input current: 2A) with a rated input current higher than 1A will take a longer time to charge on this adapter than on an adapter capable of putting out more current.

[5V/2A Adapter Fast Charge] AVANTEK 20000mAh Dual-Port 4.8A Output External Battery Pack Portable Backup USB Charger Power Bank with Smart Charging Circuit & White LED Flashlight for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2 Tab 4 3 2 Pro, HTC One, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia and Other Cell Phones, Android Smartphones & Tablets
Offered by Avantek US
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charging (Peak Current 4+ Amps); Battery Capacity (20,000 mAh) About Right; Auto-Shutoff & Built-In Flashlight A Huge Plus, February 28, 2015
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

This external battery pack is relatively compact and lightweight for its battery capacity. It is one of the fastest charging external batteries I have ever used. The WHOPPING 20,000 mAh battery capacity rating also appears to be accurate. In addition, my tests show that it delivers AT LEAST the amperage/current it promises (2.4A per channel for a total current of 4.8A).

I've used this device with no issues whatsoever on the iPhone 4, 2 Android phones, an 8.9" Kindle HDX, 18650 battery chargers, AA/AAA battery chargers, and rechargeable flashlights.

The dimensions of the charger are 2-7/8" x 6-3/8" x 15/16" and it weighs 14.7 oz. It is quite heavy and bulky for an EDC (everyday-carry) external battery, but it's an extremely handy thing to have when you're away from an accessible power source for extended periods.

The battery capacity may be rated at a 20,000 mAh (milliampere-hour) but it doesn't necessarily mean it delivers that many mAh. A rule of thumb I go by to derive a rough estimate of how much "juice" the battery delivers in practice is to multiply the rated battery capacity by 70%. Thus, a device with a 1400 mAh battery can be recharged (.7*20000)/1400 = 10 times. I have recharged my iPhone 4 and Android devices multiple times and the results seem to bear out the 70% rule.

The peak current according to my calculations when only ONE channel is in use is ~4A. The battery pack took 1/2 hour to raise the battery level of my iPhone 4 (with a 1420 mAh battery) by 40% and 15 minutes to raise the battery level of a generic Android phone (with a 1850 mAh battery) by 15%. Given 1) Q = I * t => I = Q/t and 2) 1 coulomb = (1/3.6) mAh, I = Q/t = ( * 3.6)/t. On the iPhone, the current draw is = .4 * 1420 * 3.6/.5 ~= 4090 mA ~= 4.1 A. On the Android phone, the current draw is = (.15 * 1850) * 3.6/.25 ~= 3996 mA ~= 4.0 A.

(Note: your device will only draw the amount of current it _requires_ regardless of the amount of current the battery pack is _capable_ of supplying.)

This battery pack has what's a huge plus for me -- a flashlight. It's a very weak light, but it's very, very handy in a pinch. It is my constant companion whenever I go hikng alone because of the flashlight and because it's able to recharge my phone, GPS devices, flashlights, AA batteries, and 18650 batteries (I have a flashlight / 18650 chargers and AA chargers).

Another plus: this battery pack shuts itself off when your device is fully charged. This feature has worked VERY reliably on all the devices I've charged with the battery pack.

---
This battery pack delivers in both battery capacity and output current. It's a smart battery charger that charges quickly and automatically shuts itself off when your device is fully charged. Dollar for dollar, you get more mAh (battery capacity) for your money -- in a relatively compact, lightweight, and portable package. This battery pack gets an unreserved 5-star rating from me.

A-Flow™ Luxury Rain 8" Square Stainless Steel Shower Head with Acrylic Sparkling Clear Glass / Enjoy an Invigorating & Luxurious Spa-like Experience - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $26.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive And Functional But Shower Head Droops Under Its Own Weight (See WORKAROUND), February 26, 2015
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

This shower head is very aesthetically pleasing. It will definitely add a touch of luxury to any bathroom. However, the shower head (mine at least) has the problem of drooping under its own weight because the ball-and-socket joint won't hold the weight even when it's tightened all the way.

The WORKAROUND I came up with was to wrap a rubber washer in the ball-and-socket joint with Teflon tape to tighten the joint -- it worked!

I wouldn't say the water from the shower head feels like rain but it definitely feels more forceful than water from my old shower head. Water comes out through 88 silicone "nipplets" that cover an area roughly 4 times larger than that of my old shower head. The increased water pressure and larger coverage actually helps make my showers more invigorating.

A note about installation: I did not use any tools to secure the shower head (although I did need a wrench to remove the old shower head). I used a VERY generous amount of Teflon tape on the threads and simply screwed the new shower head on by hand. The generous use of Teflon tape ensured that I didn't have any leaks. (I used my own Teflon tape (Forney 75195) instead of the Teflon tape that came with the package.)

---
The AquaFlow shower head is attractive and functional. Just be aware of the potential problem of the shower head drooping under its own weight. If that happens, try the workaround I suggested above.

Swivel Light, Graphite Insert, Black
Swivel Light, Graphite Insert, Black
Offered by WITH it
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Slick And Well-Designed Light Allows Glare-Free Reading, February 25, 2015
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

This thing is so gosh darn cool-looking and functional. I have a few e-reader clip-on lights, and this one is by far the most functional. One of the things I really, really like is the slim-profile neck. It is *very* flexible -- it will twist or bend -- so it allows you to direct the light such that there is little or no glare from the Kindle or any e-reader screen. With other reading lights, like the Mighty Bright, I have a hard time with trying to completely eliminate glare.

When not in use, the neck swivels down out of the way -- unobtrusive and out of sight. The clip is rubber-padded to protect your device and it securely attaches to any e-reader (I use it on my 1st generation e-ink Kindle). The whole thing is just so lightweight and compact you don't feel like it's on your device at all.

If you have a non-backlit e-reader (such as the Entry-Level Kindle) and don't plan on getting one that's backlit (such as a Kindle Paperwhite or Kingle Voyage), I'd definitely recommend this light. Note: this light doesn't not work as well for a "real" book (such as a paperback or larger book) because the neck is not long enough to throw light to illuminate both sides (i.e. the verso and recto) of the book.

Props to the company that makes this light. It's made glare-free night-time reading on my Kindle a real joy. Thank you!

Kensington KP400 Switchable Bluetooth Keyboard for Windows PC, iPad or Android Tablets and iPhone or Android Smartphones (K72322US)
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $54.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A FULL-Size AND COMPACT BLUETOOTH Keyboard...! I Think I'm In ♥!, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used MANY wireless keyboard. Among my favorites are the Logitech K810 Wireless Keyboard and the Apple Wireless Keyboard. I have never had a FULL-SIZE wireless keyboard however... until now. This Kensington KP400 keyboard is a full-size wireless keyboard, and I'd have to say I absolutely love her, so much so in fact that I am going to dress her up in a silicone dress, and then wine and dine and serenade her. (I'm OCD about dirty keyboards, among other things. I don't yet know if the dress will fit her -- I'll update this review as soon as I find out!)

This Kensington Wireless Keyboard is fairly thin except for a raised strip, about an inch wide, on the far end, underside, and along the entire length of the keyboard. The strip houses two AAA batteries (included), an on-off switch, and a Bluetooth Discovery switch. I'm a fan of compact keyboards, so the compact form factor of this keyboard is a plus for me. The keyboard supports both a WIRED connection and a WIRELESS connection (Bluetooth, so she will connect to your PC, tablet or smartphone).

I've used this keyboard on Windows XP, Windows 7 (both 32- and 64- bit), iPhone (IOS 7), and Android (Jelly Bean and KitKat) devices, and I had no trouble connecting this keyboard to these devices. There are no intermittent signal cutouts in Bluetooth mode and the keys are very responsive (no lag from the time a key is pressed to the time it registers on the screen). The keys are chicklet style (which a lot of touch typists prefer because they have less "travel"). They are unfortunately not backlit.

If you need a full-size wireless keyboard, this one is well worth considering. She's a beautifully compact keyboard and she's a joy to use. I ♥ her!

16Pc Watch Repair Kit Blue (Open Watch Backs - Change Bands)
16Pc Watch Repair Kit Blue (Open Watch Backs - Change Bands)
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $5.95
6 used & new from $4.57

5.0 out of 5 stars 16-Piece Watch Toolkit Breakdown (Tools & Their Functions), February 24, 2015
With the tools in this package, I was able to change out watch straps, resize metal bands, open the backs of watch cases in my modest watch collection. What a fabulous collection of tools! The Needle Nose Pliers alone is worth the price of the entire package (5.95). I have listed the list of tools in the package (the tool names that are in ALL-CAPS are as they appear on the package, verbatim).

Note: add the youtube Web address in FRONT of the string that begins with "/watch?v=..." (e.g. /watch?v=CHpAz75RNkM&t=0m57s) to see a video of how to use a particular tool (DO NOT merely do a google search for the string since the string is encoded with the pertinent part of the video).

-- List of Tools --

PIN PUSHER (Spring Bar Tool)
Function: change a watch strap.
- used to remove/insert spring bars that attach the watch straps to the watch.
/watch?v=_T53KNoezuk&t=0m5s

2. 3. 4.
PIN PUNCH x3
Function: resize a metal watch band.
- used with a watch hammer for removing the pins holding the metal links together.
/watch?v=aT5tO_UTDYU&t=1m42s

MINI LONG NOSE PLIER (NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS)
Function: assist in removing pins once the pins have been protruded (say with a Pin Punch)

MINI SCREWDRIVER
Function: remove screws to open up the back of a watch case (for watches that use screws to secure the watch case).

HOLDER BLOCK
- used to hold watch band in place; used with a Pin Punch and Watch Hammer
/watch?v=aT5tO_UTDYU&t=1m42s

SCREWDRIVER

WATCH CASE OPENER (Watch Case Wrench)
Function: remove back of a watch case (for watches that have a cases with a back that twist off).
- the two prongs fit into opposing grooves on the back of a case.
/watch?v=aFA73nUVAYI

10.
NONMAGNETIC TWEEZER (Non-Magnetic Tweezers)
Function: pick up small watch components like watch pins.

11.
WATCH HAMMER
Function: resize a metal watch band.
- used with a Pin Punch for removing the pins holding the metal links together.
/watch?v=aT5tO_UTDYU&t=3m46s

12.
WATCH CASE OPENER (Watchmaker's Bench Knife)
Function: open the back of a watch case (for watches that have watch cases that pry open)
/watch?v=4po2xPWhfeA&t=0m13s

13.
PIN REMOVER (Watch Link Remover Tool)
/watch?v=CHpAz75RNkM&t=0m57s

14. 15. 16.
PRECISION SCREWDRIVER x3

Seagate Media
Seagate Media
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I tested this on several Android phones and on two ..., February 23, 2015
This review is from: Seagate Media (App)
I tested this on several Android phones and on two 8.9" Kindles (HDX and HD). The app works without a hitch on the Android phones (running either Jelly Bean or KitKat). However, on the Kindles, after transferring files (photos, music, etc.) to the Seagate media drive, the list of files in the directory listing doesn't update, and the refresh button isn't any help. The workaround is to either restart the Kindle EVERY time you wish to refresh the file listing or use a "true" Android device, such as an Android Samsung phone to view the updated file listing (definitely a more feasible approach but it requires you to have a second Android device).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20