Profile for Kellista > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kellista "book lover and teacher" RSS Feed (Overland Park, KS USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Kalencom 2-in-1 Potette Plus Red
Kalencom 2-in-1 Potette Plus Red
Price: $9.77
14 used & new from $9.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Pointless..., December 15, 2013
We used this twice. It seriously was much easier to just hold my daughter over a public potty and wash our hands thoroughly than bring this in and take it with us. It's small, yes but it just wasn't fun to lug something else in and out of restaurants, the mall, etc. Plus I felt like we were just carrying germs around with us from one potty to another. It's sort of an unnecessary purchase unless you are using it for camping, the beach, etc. For public potties just use the potty.

Wooden Train Track 100 Piece Pack - 100% Compatible with All Major Brands including Thomas Wooden Railway System - By Right Track Toys
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $46.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Held up well after a year!, December 15, 2013
Great quality, many pieces! I was thrilled that not only could we build one huge track or 3-4 separate ones but also happy to see that these fit with all our Thomas trains and didn't have any rough edges. They are very smooth and we love them after a year of playing!

Medela Breast Milk Storage Solution
Medela Breast Milk Storage Solution
Price: $26.99
30 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pumping moms must have!, December 15, 2013
I really thought I didn't need this. It seemed so silly, it's basically a tray and lids that say the day. How hard could it be to label bottles and put them in the fridge?? Well after reading some reviews and realizing between the nanny, my mom and husband that there may be some lack of communication I took the plunge and bought this before going back to work. It was genius. There were no worries about if the milk was bad or if it got pushed back to the fridge, it was all there, in one spot. No one had to learn my system, it was all easily understood!
This was also nice when we started doing pureed food because I could easily slide the bags into the bin as well.
If you are going back to work and becoming a pumping mom you need this. Think of all the money you're saving by breastfeeding and invest in this system, a great pump and spare parts and read all the "how to pump at work peacefully" blog posts you can!

Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet Floral Arrangement Playset
Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet Floral Arrangement Playset
Offered by NY Etailers INC.
Price: $30.38
23 used & new from $24.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sensory bins!, December 15, 2013
Pour some beans into a large bin, add these flowers and a little shovel and you'll have hours of fun! Love Green Toys!

Roku LT Streaming Player (Old Version)
Roku LT Streaming Player (Old Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars Roku v. Apple TV....Roku loses., December 15, 2013
I bought this because I'd been wanting to try one for a while. We have had an Apple TV for years and pulled the plug 12 months ago on our cable. I haven't missed it a bit. A couple of monthly subscriptions (Huluplus and Netflix) and you're ready to go. We ask family and friends for itunes gift cards for Christmas and birthdays and rent or buy shows here or there. Sorry, I know this isn't an Apple TV review so I digress.
The Roku...doesn't feel as fluid. The remote feels cheap and like a toy. The interface is different and not as easy to navigate but I can deal with that. I really wanted the roku because I'd heard of all the other channels you could get. I browsed through tons of channels just to find that this was junk. Unless you're into Japanese TV, getting local channels from far, far away in awful quality, or you just really like watching random stuff no one but you is interested in then go for it. If you'd like to watch main, United States network TV then skip this one.
Netflix looks like crap on the roku. I don't know why...same cables and wifi but compared to the Apple TV it looks like you're watching a video from the 90s, not streaming HD.
If you have anything else Apple (ipad or iphone) you'll want the Apple TV. Roku doesn't do anything like the airplay or allow you to rent from itunes (obviously, it's not an Apple product).
So if you hate Apple then you'll probably love this.

My First BOB Books: Alphabet
My First BOB Books: Alphabet
by Lynn Maslen Kertell
Price: $11.89
51 used & new from $4.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay..., December 15, 2013
Fun for Alphabet study but this isn't a "first" book to work on word families or sounds. Look for guided readers for actual first books.

VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone
VTech - Slide And Talk Smart Phone
Price: $13.79
18 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great substitute for the real thing., December 15, 2013
My 13 month old fell in love with this at the store and Amazon had it for a great price so it's his Christmas present. It will be wonderful to hand him this while we're shopping or playing when he goes for mine!

2 Color Drop S [Toy]
2 Color Drop S [Toy]
Offered by Hippo Tails
Price: $6.07
4 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, December 15, 2013
This review is from: 2 Color Drop S [Toy] (Toy)
I don't know why people were complaining this is small. It's about the length of my hand, wrist to finger tip so it's a great size for my 4 year old. She loves these things and the price is wonderful!

Premium Set of 28 Double Six Dominoes with Wood Case Brown
Premium Set of 28 Double Six Dominoes with Wood Case Brown
Price: $12.98
6 used & new from $12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad box, great dominos., December 15, 2013
The box fell apart but the dominos are solid and hold up well. I use these for play in my preschool class. We can line them up and knock them down, match or play true dominos with them. The box fell apart but that's ok.

Human X-Rays on Film
Human X-Rays on Film
Offered by Play World Toys, LLC
Price: $21.95
20 used & new from $17.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for classrooms or scientific kids but not perfect..., November 16, 2013
This review is from: Human X-Rays on Film (Toy)
Nice idea but I don't know how they put the body together...there are extra parts or overlapping parts. Odd. These also finger print REALLY easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6