Profile for Stan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce, 7.8-Ounce Jars
Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce, 7.8-Ounce Jars
Offered by Yummi Company
Price: $31.67
5 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Savor the Flavor, August 22, 2014
Some sauces are real good. Some exceed expectations. I originally bought the Lee Kum Kee XO sauce for chicken and fish. I started putting in on tuna fish - then chicken breast - and then, everything. The sauce can be used on everything. It is NOT extra hot. It is loaded with oyster shells (crushed), other ingredients (which are not labeled) and taste. I have ordered a minimum of four 7.8oz bottles. In my 'cookery', sauces are applied as the user wants them. With the XO sauce, and cooking hot, add it at the end. With a tuna fish sandwich, put it on just prior to eating. The flavor is outstanding either way unless you cook it too soon. Take one bite and savor it. It is a sauce in its own class. Make sure to shake the container as hard as you can to allow all the flavors to peak. I have even had it on good cheese and crackers. It is expensive and because it comes in a glass jar, shipping is also expensive. If you want a treat for your palate, give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
P.S. - hide this sauce from everyone in your household -you are going to want it all for yourself.

NYPD Red
NYPD Red
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Dullness.., June 13, 2014
This review is from: NYPD Red (Kindle Edition)
Patterson needs to take a break from writing - this book went from dull to duller. About as exciting a read as a two day old cow chip.

Moshi iVisor XT (HD clear) No-Bubble Screen Protector for the Fire HDX 7"
Moshi iVisor XT (HD clear) No-Bubble Screen Protector for the Fire HDX 7"
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $21.81

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Screen Protector I've Found For the HDX, February 24, 2014
This is my 3rd Kindle and I also have a Nook Tablet. Finding the right screen protector isn't always easy. After returning two that were just awful, (one was crystal clear in the package, but turned the screen into a matte finish when applied), I opted for the Moshi iVisor XT. Most of the screen protectors profess "crystal clear and bubble free". This screen protector delivers exactly what it says. It is absolutely crystal clear, bubble free and so easy to adjust. It also has a cutout for the camera eye. It is so clear that you almost think it isn't on the device. An outstanding product.

Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce - Extra Hot, 7.8-Ounce Jars
Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce - Extra Hot, 7.8-Ounce Jars
Offered by HP EXPRESS
Price: $29.95
8 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Flavoring beyond anything you have tried!, February 19, 2014
I love good seasoning. This is in a class by itself. Forget the 'Extra Hot' - it is not. It has many herbs including shellfish parts (so be aware if you are allergic to shellfish). I have had it on burgers, fish and chicken and have found it to be totally satisfying and then some. Very hard to find in your local stores, so I purchased mine thru Amazon. Cost wise, it comes in a glass jar - shipping for me was around 12$. When I first contacted the mother company in NY, I was able to get two samples - the XO and the oyster sauce. XO was outstanding, but the regular oyster sauce didn't make my day. This is not an everyday sauce. This is the one you want when you don't have to put up with in-laws, novices or hot sauce crazy lunatics. This is for you. Trust me - once you have tried it you will not want to share it!
I'd invite you over for a taste, but then again, I don't like to share this sauce.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 2:09 PM PDT

The Kindle Fire HDX User Guide (Beginner to Expert in 1 Hour)
The Kindle Fire HDX User Guide (Beginner to Expert in 1 Hour)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good. At least it's worth the money, February 14, 2014
As with every electronic device or book - it's almost passe as soon as it hits the public. Otherwise, this app - at a decent price - is worth the money for beginners like me.

The Shack
The Shack
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars When in agony and total despair...this is our read. It keeps me going as of this day, Have it on all my Kindles and my Nook., January 25, 2014
This review is from: The Shack (Kindle Edition)
There are no consolation words for a personal loss. None. This read doesn't try to pretend to know the answers which is why it went straight to my heart. Being a Vietnam Vet, I thought I would never cry over the death of another again. I was so wrong. Not only did this novel make me cry, but it made me unashamed to cry in front of others. This book is not a 'God Thing', but a spiritual thing. This is a healing read and a really helpful one. Like I said, every now and then I go to it when I am hurting. Hope it helps in your healing process also. I have this book on all 3 of my Kindles and my Nook Tablet.
aloysius

Epson Print Plugin
Epson Print Plugin
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars worked well, the first time I used it., January 25, 2014
This review is from: Epson Print Plugin (App)
I have to add 20 words for some reason. Works well. Works well. No monkeys involved - works well. Haven't found the flu in this, so it is healthy. Works well as do my sleep meds.

Best 100 Kindle Fire HDX Apps (Updated With Top Apps for the Kindle Fire HDX!)
Best 100 Kindle Fire HDX Apps (Updated With Top Apps for the Kindle Fire HDX!)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars fair, January 25, 2014
needs updating..some insights are good. some - not so hot. Would I buy again? Probably as a reference - otherwise I would look for a paperback with a different author.

SWF (Flash) Player + File Browser-Full
SWF (Flash) Player + File Browser-Full
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Flash Player + File Browser-Full, February 4, 2013
None of the apps I purchased/downloaded work on my Kindle Fire. These are really useful apps that are required for many internet options.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 2:12 PM PDT

SWF FLASH PLAYER LITE
SWF FLASH PLAYER LITE

1.0 out of 5 stars Flash Player Lite, February 4, 2013
This review is from: SWF FLASH PLAYER LITE (App)
Again, another needed application from Amazon that doesn't work. Wish they had a help desk or better products to choose from.

Page: 1 | 2