Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for wayKool > Reviews

Browse

wayKool's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

wayKool RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Brunswick Royal Shine Bowling Ball Polish- 6 ounce bottle
Brunswick Royal Shine Bowling Ball Polish- 6 ounce bottle
Offered by Bowlerstore
Price: $14.74
4 used & new from $14.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product but Unnecessary, June 18, 2015
Ordered this because it's the factory polish on my Brunswick bowling balls. Description says it works with or without ball spinner, which is true, but I think it would work much better with a spinner. I'd recommend taking your ball to a pro shop for cleaning and polishing. The price of this product would cover four or five trips.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2016 12:56 AM PST

Hanes Men's Short Sleeve Jersey Pocket Polo, Deep Royal, XX-Large (Pack of 2)
Hanes Men's Short Sleeve Jersey Pocket Polo, Deep Royal, XX-Large (Pack of 2)
Price: $15.00
3 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shirt X2, June 18, 2015
Very comfortable shirts. Look good. Hang nicely. Don't quite understand the marketing strategy of selling as a two-pack, but the price is right. I ordered three sets in royal blue, black and forest green. Would order the others too if my wife would let me. Great for just about any casual situation.

ICU by Barco Men's 5 Pocket Scrub Pant With Zip Fly, Pewter, X-Large
ICU by Barco Men's 5 Pocket Scrub Pant With Zip Fly, Pewter, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Runs Small, June 18, 2015
Seems like what I was looking for except these pants were too small. I kept them anyhow , since I'm in the process of losing weight.

10.8V Laptop Battery 5200mAh 56Wh A32-K53 for ASUS
10.8V Laptop Battery 5200mAh 56Wh A32-K53 for ASUS
Offered by EPS Battery Store
Price: $13.54
13 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits & Works Perfectly, June 18, 2015
Perfect replacement for the original battery. No issues.

The Killer Inside Me
The Killer Inside Me
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Killer Will Get Inside Your Head, June 18, 2015
This is the first Jim Thompson novel I've read and I'm about to start a second. As someone who grew up reading John D. MacDonald, I thought he was the be all and end all of crime fiction, but this book was more chilling, more engrossing and better paced than anything I've read by JDM (that's about everything he ever wrote). Thompson also avoids the self-righteous preachiness which mars much of JDM's work. I found myself slowing down as I read this book, absorbing every nuance and trying to make it last longer. This novel puts you in the mind of a psychopath and you follow right along as he commits the most brutal, depraved violence imaginable on people he likes--loves in some cases. It's always shocking but never unbelievable. Thompson's main character, Lou Ford, has a plausible explanation for everything. Reading this book is better than "nailing your balls to a stump and falling over backwards," as Deputy Ford likes to say.

In Harm's Way: The Sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis and the Extraordinary Story of Its Survivors
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Special Book About a Special Ship, March 25, 2015
The story of the USS Indianapolis is well known to many people, but here it is told from the very human standpoint of the captain and crew of the ill-fated ship. The Indy is badly damaged by a kamikaze attack, returns to San Francisco where it is repaired and refitted, and carries a very secret weapon to the island of Tinian. After dropping off its cargo, the ship is headed for Leyte but is torpedoed and sunk by a Japanese submarine en route. Due to a bureaucratic snafu, the Indy is not reported missing and the survivors spend the next several days in the Philippine Sea without food or water. Many of them succumb to exposure and others to the ever-present sharks which circle below them in the clear water. When they are finally rescued, only about a quarter of the original crew remain. The hellish experience is well-documented here as is the emotional distress which many of the survivors carried with them for the rest of their lives. This is truly a must read for anyone interested in World War II naval history, or personal courage.

Maximum Bob
Maximum Bob
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Elmore Leonard, But That's Not a Bad Thing, March 4, 2015
This review is from: Maximum Bob (Kindle Edition)
This is my favorite non-western Elmore Leonard novel. Even though most of the characters are recognizable clones of other Leonard characters, this book offers some interesting plot twists before finishing with a typical non-ending. I actually prefer Leonard's westerns (Hombre, Valdez is Coming) to his later work, but anything by Elmore Leonard is worth reading. Just don't expect many surprises.

Now It Can Be Told
Now It Can Be Told
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on the Great War, March 1, 2015
As someone who has always been fascinated by the Great War, this is the book I've been waiting for. I was looking for something that was written shortly after the war, by someone who actually experienced it, and by someone who could express his thoughts in an organized, intelligent, readable manner. This book hits on all counts. The book was written by a British war correspondent. The significance of the title is that the writer's dispatches during the war were heavily censored and limited to opinions that matched those of the British propaganda machine. For once we get a first-hand account of what it was like in the trenches as well as the rear areas and approaches to the front line. Most other books on this subject tend to validate the reader's preconceived notion of what trench warfare was really like, without providing any further enlightenment. This book surprises at times with shocking insights as to what the soldiers on both sides were really thinking--how they often wished that the horrors they faced on a daily basis could be brought home to the politicians and war mongers in their own countries, and even to the smug civilians who felt that they were doing their part. I've read many books on World War I, fiction and history, and this one stands alone in my mind. While its scope is limited to the Somme and Flanders sectors of the Western Front, it really encapsulates the universal truths of trench warfare, whether the soldier be British, Australian, Canadian, French, American, or German.

The Sun Also Rises: The Hemingway Library Edition
The Sun Also Rises: The Hemingway Library Edition
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sun Never Sets on This Binge, November 6, 2014
I'm interested in reading anything about the Great War and have been trying to find good books--fiction or history--about life in postwar Europe. While this novel takes place around 1925, it scarcely mentions the war, even though the main character suffered a vaguely-described wound during the war that left him unable to have a sexual relationship with the woman he loves. Mainly the book is about drinking, which the characters engage in from morning to night and often throughout the night. It is difficult to find a single page that doesn't mention alcoholic consumption. Maybe that was what got people through the 20's. The characters, while upper-class arrogant, apparently are not rich and don't seem to have any purpose whatsoever to their lives. I guess it's a tribute to Hemingway that he kept me reading to the end. It just seems odd that he would have chosen such a non-story for his first novel. Possibly he was recounting his adventures with F. Scott Fitzgerald who wrote "Tender is the Night" at about the same time. I didn't see much point to Fitzgerald's book either.

Crazy in Berlin: A Novel (Carlo Reinhart Book 1)
Crazy in Berlin: A Novel (Carlo Reinhart Book 1)
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Perplexed in Kansas, October 23, 2014
Don't know what to make of this book. After the first two chapters I was beginning to wonder if I had gone nuts. Seemed like total gibberish to me but nobody else had rated it below four stars so I thought I must be missing something. I've read other books by Thomas Berger and found all to be brilliantly written and quite readable but this one really seemed beyond me. I even tried listening to the audio but the narration was totally devoid of inflection and oblivious to punctuation marks. After moving on to a different book, I decided to give this one another shot. I'm not sure if the syntax cleaned itself up or if I just learned the language, but it did become a little easier. The story is actually a good one. If you're thinking of reading your first Thomas Berger novel, I would start with Little Big Man or Neighbors. Save this one for later. Or at least read the sample provided before you make a purchase. Don't know what kind of a rating to give this but I have to give it something.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 7:21 PM PST