Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Stearns, KY USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Bose® SoundLink® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II - Nylon
Bose® SoundLink® Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II - Nylon
17 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, mellow sound, May 22, 2013
If you are an audiophile you will not want this speaker and you won't be interested. On the other hand if you just want a rich, enjoyable sound, that is very portable, maybe you should consider this speaker system. I easily paired this to my Galaxy S3 and it connects flawlessly every time. I have enjoyed the Bose speaker by my bed, on the patio and in the kitchen. It plays nearly faultlessly. Of course in a speaker this size it is not going to have the ability of a high-end system, and I didn't expect it to, but it sounds pretty darn good. I now have the ability to really enjoy music just about anywhere without pulling out headphones or earbuds. It plays moderately loud, has reasonable bass for its size, and the batteries have lasted through every event I have used them for, although I have never timed them. I am sure I have gotten over 5 hours of use on a charge. I knew when I bought this that it doesn't have a speakerphone or a remote control. Frankly, there are enough remotes in my life and it is easy to pick my phone up if a call comes through. It is easy to pause, mute and change volume from the phone which I keep within hand's reach. Good job Bose!

Kirkland Signature Sleep Aid Doxylamine Succinate 25 Mg, 192-Count
Kirkland Signature Sleep Aid Doxylamine Succinate 25 Mg, 192-Count
Offered by RokBuy
Price: $11.09
28 used & new from $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not in bottles as per the description as of 2/22/13, February 22, 2013
Although this medication works fine, I had specifically ordered this because the description says it comes in a bottle. Not true! It is in very tiny little blister packs that are very difficult to open, especially at my age, and the pills usually end up broken or even shattering when trying to get them out. Although it is not worth the effort to return them, I won't get these in the future and Amazon, or whoever writes the product description, needs to get it right.

i-BLASON Kindle Fire HD 8.9" inch 4G LTE Tablet Leather Case Cover / Stylus (With Smart Cover Function: Automatically Wakes and Puts the Kindle Fire HD to Sleep) (16GB WiFi) 3 Year Warranty (Black)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great price, December 6, 2012
The I-Blason for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is an excellent cover. The Kindle fits perfectly in the case like a skin tight glove. It seems well made and has good craftsmanship. It is stitched very nicely with white thread against the black synthetic leather for a very nice contrast and appealing look. The automatic off/on when the case is closed/opened, works perfectly. Contrary to what others have said my case free-stands nicely and is very sturdy. There is a clip on the back so that when you fold the cover into the triangular shaped base the free edge of the cover slides under the clip to hold it in place and works quite well. Also, since the camera should be up when the Kindle is free-standing and the hinge becomes the standing edge the Kindle is NOT upside down as some reviews have indicated. I am very pleased with the I-Blason; I have nothing negative to say about it. Incidentally, my case was pre-ordered like my Kindle Fire HD, and they shipped it exactly when they said they would.

All the buttons, speakers, and camera have appropriate cut-outs and there are no dangling threads or fibers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 7:27 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery but WARNING!, August 6, 2012
I am rating this battery, the cover and the charger/dock high. They do their jobs very well. The battery holds up a lot longer than the original battery. The charger works fine and the case back matches color and fits well. But I have a warning for Galaxy SIII owners. This battery does NOT have the NFC (near field communication) circuitry in it, which is in the original battery, which Samsung uses for things like the "beaming", Google Wallet, and TecTiles. Though this battery does a fine job and holds a good, long charge, it in effect cripples these functions in the SIII. I am not down-rating this product though because I have no one to blame but myself for not researching this a little better than I did. Live and learn I suppose, but for the life of me I don't understand why Samsung would put the NFC in a battery. If you use NFC, or think you might in the future, make sure it says so in the write-up before you buy a new battery. Incicdentally, I like the extra thickness the new battery cover adds to the phone. It is much easier to hold on to and feels more substantial.

Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate [Old Version]
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate [Old Version]
Offered by Universal Electronics Bargains
Price: $36.99
8 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Software, March 17, 2012
I read all of the available reviews before I decided to buy Paintshop Pros x4 ultimate. I'm glad I went ahead and decided to get it.

Frankly, after using the software several times now, I have to say that some of the reviews state things that are just not factual. For instance, when you click on the C:drive the system tree does indeed open up with all the contents of the drive easily accesible. Also there is a lot of new stuff in this one compared to version X, such as selective focus, photo blend and the high dynamic range using bracketed exposure. The istallation went flawlessly. After it installed, it immediately downloaded Service Pack 1 and updated itself which also went without a hitch.

This version is organized very differently than Pro X2, but I believe it is much more intuitive rather than more complicated. I have had no trouble adapting to the changes and have to come to appreciate them. Also things like the Smart Photo Fix seems to do a better job than it use to in Pro X2.

I use a 6 core 2.7 GHz proceesor and the program opens and is ready to use 6 seconds after clicking the icon in Windows 7. It also uses about 250 MB of RAM when it opens.

Netflix
Netflix
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a beta version, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Netflix (App)
This is one of the first apps I downloaded and used on my Kindle Fire. The audio stutters sometimes, the video hangs in a jumpy sort of way and the audio is sometimes out of sync with the video. The gray bar at the bottom of the screen, when watching a movie, is annoying. There is no volume adjustment within the Netflix program that I can find. None of these problems are present when I watch an Amazon Prime movie so I am sure the KF has the needed hardware to do what's necessary to play a movie. The Netflix software reminds of a quickly-thrown-together beta version. I truly hope that this software gets a good update soon. I recently cancelled my DVD subscription to Netflix because of their price increase and I am not far from cancelling the streaming video subscription if they can't provide software that allows me to use their service reliably on the equipment I own.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2012 2:30 AM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars It just doesn't work!, March 16, 2011
This antenna was a great dissapointment. When I hooked it to my weather radio, reception diminished to the point that I could not understand what was being said. The simple monopole antenna that is built into the radio does much better. My problem is that I live about 30 miles from the transmitter and though the built-in antenna that came with the radio does a fairly decent job, sometimes there is static and reception is slightly marginal. I was hoping that this "weather antenna" sold by Ambient would improve it at least some.Wrong! This antenna damaged reception to the point the weather radio was useless. I tried many different positions and extension lengths for the Ambient antenna all to no avail. The box that this Ambient antenna came in clearly says it's for UHF,VHF, and FM and says nothing about it being a weather antenna.I would advise anyone wanting to improve reception on their weather radio to go to a local store buy a set of rabbit ears and try that. Then you can return it, should you need to, for a refund without losing you nearly 8 dollar shipping fee.In my opinion this Ambient antenna is a waste of money and I definitely do not recommend it.

Sangean CL-100 Table-Top Weather Hazard Alert with AM/FM-RBDS Alarm Clock Radio
Sangean CL-100 Table-Top Weather Hazard Alert with AM/FM-RBDS Alarm Clock Radio
Price: $60.56
86 used & new from $54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a high quality weather radio!, March 5, 2011
I had about given up trying to find a weather radio that was more than just transistors in a cheap plastic box. At last a real 21st-century all hazards radio! This radio works great.The CL-100 has these functions I like...suppression of any specific alert you choose...same technology for single, multiple or all area...end of alert auto-off...rich sound with bass & treble...graphic lcd readout area with lots of information...solid construction...high sensitivity for fringe areas like I live in...dual clock radio alarms programmable to any day or days of the week from one to all seven...external cabled antenna if the built in telescoping doesn't suit...fm RDS which will show things like station name,song name,identifying info... some fm RDS channels will set the clock automatically if you desire...easy to use, intuitive menu structure for quick setup...digital signal processing...and on and on. My one con is that the digital display has a somewhat limited viewing angle. To sum it up, of the 4 or 5 previous weather radios I have had this one beats all of them, hands down. I strongly recommend this product.

Pioneer VSX-1120-K 7.1 Home Theater Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Pioneer VSX-1120-K 7.1 Home Theater Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer VSX-1120, excellent, but steep learning curve, December 29, 2010
I do not want to write this as a technical review but to share my somewhat subjective opinions about this receiver. I have owned the 1120 for about six months and have enjoyed it immensely.This receiver is absolutely stuffed full of features.It has taken me awhile to learn to use it. Frankly, at first, I found the thing intimidating. For several days after receving the vsx-1120 I would sit down with the owner's manual for 15-20 minutes at a time and try first one feature and then another. Over a few weeks I became more knowledgeable and comfortable with the unit.The effort has been worth it.

Although I have owned and used many different recievers for perhaps 40 years this one is my favorite of them all. I am not an audiophile but I know what hi-fidelity audio sounds like and I enjoy it a great deal, both music and home theater. This receiver sounds very, very good at both. I have paired it with mid-level Paradigm speakers and sub in a 7.1 configuration.The MCACC auto sound adjustment was easy to use & did a very good job for initial adjustments of all 8 speakers.I have since tweaked the settings somewhat.

Other than the high quality sound I have enjoyed these features most:
-The internet radio (some of the default links that came with the unit were no longer active but they were easily replaced with stations of my choosing)
-The Ipod inteface
-The graphical user interface
-The Marvell video chip does a stunning job of upconverting everthing to 1080p
-Every feature that I've tried has worked well and the thing has been as solid as a rock for me
-The amazing number of sound fields available

The one con that I will mention is the remote control. This beast has 67 mostly tiny buttons on it and most of the buttons are dual (or triple) function. I realize this allows a very flexible control of the multitude of features the 1120 has but I do not use the thing very often anymore. I use a universal remote programmed for just the things I use most and leave the Pioneer remote on the shelf 90% of the time,

If you are looking for a very good sounding mid-level receiver at a reasonable price and would appreciate the intricacies of a very full feature set, I highly recommend the Pioneer VSX-1120
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2010 1:55 PM PST

Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil
Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil
Price: $89.99
16 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, very high quality sound, November 13, 2010
I don't remember how long I've owned these headphones but it has to be close to 20 years.(The only maintenance I have done is replace the foam earpads) I have treated them with care and kept them from any type of abuse. They still look almost new and still sound exceptional. More recently I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD590 phones thinking that perhaps I would get even better quality sound. Indeed, the 590's sound very good but frankly, though they sound slightly different than the v6's, I don't think they sound any better.The v6's have a presence and clarity which is very compelling. They can thunder the bass if need be and sail through through the high treble effortlessly.The mid-tones are clear and mellow. Distortion is inaudible. If you are wanting to step up to audiophile quality headphones for a very reasonable amount of money I recommend the Sony MDR-V6 headphones.

Page: 1 | 2