Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for PierrefromBayRidge > Reviews

Browse

PierrefromBayRidge's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PierrefromBayRidge RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Craghoppers Men's Classic Kiwi Pants (Short), Black Pepper, 32-Inch
Craghoppers Men's Classic Kiwi Pants (Short), Black Pepper, 32-Inch
Price: $55.00
2 used & new from $43.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For Those With Small Butts, September 3, 2015
The first mistake I made was buying these on a different site than Amazon. Not enough reviews and so I didn't get the full picture. The main problem I have with these pants, and I just got them so haven't worn them yet, is that the seat is huge and so even though the inseam is shorter than normal, they're still too long and need to be hemmed. Admittedly I have a small butt however I don't usually have this problem with other pants and so the price is going to jump by what the tailor will charge me to hem them.

I have a Galaxy S6 in an Otter case, so my smartphone is pretty big but it easily fits into the side pockets. It might fall out of the one without the zipper but the point of these pants to is protect your valuables so my intention is to keep it in a zippered pocket so I don't see that as a problem. It also fits in the cargo pocket but I don't like it banging against my leg as I walk. That pocket has an additional mesh lining which is both good and bad as you tend to slip things into it that you want to go into the main larger pocket.

Might update this after I get them fixed and wear them for a while, especially on upcoming trip abroad which is why I bought them. If you like your pants baggy, these might be perfect for you but if you want to wear them and look stylish, not so much.

Manitoba Harvest: Hemp Hearts 28 Oz.
Manitoba Harvest: Hemp Hearts 28 Oz.
Offered by Pro & Goody
Price: $19.95
21 used & new from $14.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, November 8, 2014
All that protein makes morning run that much easier. I'd been buying it at Costco but my Costco, at least, stopped carrying it. The Costco price was cheaper but I find that these hemp hearts with yogurt is a good start to the day.

Glimpsing Heaven: The Stories and Science of Life After Death
Glimpsing Heaven: The Stories and Science of Life After Death
by Judy Bachrach
Price: $11.35
140 used & new from $0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and guaranteed to make you think, October 23, 2014
Many years ago I did some PR for a faith healer. While he wasn't very religious, his cures helped me to increase my faith because what else could it be as he didn't even actually touch the person but just put his hands near them. In Glimpsing Heaven, Judy Bachrach creates a similar effect. She's not telling you there is a heaven, far from it, but she's allowing you to see the possibility through the experiences of others. It's a very well written book, makes you want to keep reading, and whatever your final conclusion guaranteed it will make you think.

MDW Silicon Fastener Ring for Fitbit Flex Wristband - Fix the Clasp Fall Off Problem - Secure the Wristband in Style- A Must Have for Fitbit Flex (Mixed Color of 5 Clasp and 7 Fastener)
Offered by Midwec Industry Co.,LTD
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, August 25, 2014
I bought this for my wife who was having problems getting her Fitbit on and also because once it fell off her wrist and she almost lost it. (Had to drive back to a parking lot and luckily no one picked it up or ran over it.) The colored plastic fasteners may be a little easier to squeeze on than the original metals ones, but it's still pretty hard to do. However the extra piece that you slide over the bracelet will prevent it from falling if the clasp comes loose so having that confidence that you won't lose it makes it worth buying.

Panasonic DMC-ZS40K Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Panasonic DMC-ZS40K Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $349.95
18 used & new from $244.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Travel Camera, August 21, 2014
30x zoom that you can fit in your pocket - amazing. For some situations it's not as good as my G-3, of course, but going on trip soon and just wouldn't want to lug (I know G-3 isn't even DSLR sized) around not just camera, but all the lenses.(And when you're visiting a city with your wife, having to stop to change lenses is as much of a trouble maker as the weight.) Rather than repeat what others have said, just wanted to add one thing. With this zoom power, there are times you're going to want to shoot through a window but getting your subject in focus can be hard. This camera has a Scene setting called Through Window that allows you to do just that. Pretty amazing.

And I guess I should say something about the EVF. It's not great but the travel camera I was using didn't have one and so many of my shots were guesstimates as I couldn't see what I was aiming at in sunlight. Having an EVF makes all the difference and also very useful when shooting at full zoom. I considered the Sony RXIII which has a better EVF but with only a 5x zoom, the trade off didn't make sense. And I don't blow up pictures so the ZS40 is perfect for my needs.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Black
Price: $78.52
97 used & new from $71.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift so didn't have expectations, December 30, 2013
I got this as a Christmas gift and not one that I asked for. I'm a runner and I'll go out of my way to walk to the store because I'm always trying to stay in decent shape to keep up with my 22 month old grandson. This thing is a little hard to put on, and since I take it off at night because I have no interest in having it track my sleep, it's a bit of a pain every morning to put it on. I'm pretty sure it's not perfectly accurate as it doesn't match my treadmill but I didn't bother to measure my step. I look at this sort of like my scale. Is it perfectly accurate? Who knows but it will tell me whether my weight has gone up or down and that's what counts. So here too, whatever inaccuracies it has should be consistent so at least it gives me some indication. And at least for these first few days it is definitely a motivator. I like having numbers that I can track. For example I keep a record of how often I run, how far and the time. If I didn't I'd run far less. So if you like numbers and they serve as a motivator I'd say this device would help you. I don't use it to count calories. Wearing it on your wrist is pretty easy and whenever I go to the computer, I check to see how I'm doing.

Is it worth the price? I wouldn't have bought it but that's sort of what Christmas gifts are all about, getting something unexpected and having fun with it so while I wouldn't have spent the money on myself I'm enjoying it. I use my phone as a watch most of the time so I don't regularly wear a watch but I suppose for the few dollars more it might be worth getting the bigger one that's also a watch, especially if you wear one and are always checking it.

I read somewhere that this was the biggest seller on Amazon in the Health area. That surprised me but there are a ton of reviews so obviously people are buying them. I'm sure it's better than a pedometer, if for no other reason than it gives you a report on your computer so you can keep track.

I got a sweater this Christmas and the zipper didn't work so I had to return it. This gadget works fine and I'm keeping it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long at all, September 3, 2013
My son bought a Ryobi weed wacker and said he liked it so I decided to go cordless as well and bought the same one. I use this at my summer cabin, so it doesn't get much use at all. I've had it for a year or so but probably only used it 10 times at best. When the battery wouldn't charge I had my son bring over both his charger and battery and it's the battery charger that's failed. He said it happened to him but then started working again. Now I'm faced with the decision of buying a new charger so I can keep using the weed wacker or go back to a corded model, which would probably not cost much more than a new charger, and of course at some point I'll need a new battery so that will cost even more. While the idea of cordless tools is a good one, they're not cost effective, as far as I can tell.

By the way, I sent email to Ryobi last week but never heard back.

Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Wimbledon Athletic Turn-Cuff Sock, White 3-Pack,sock size 9-11

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, August 27, 2013
Bought these for my wife whose short socks kept slipping down into her shoe. According to her these are just what she wanted. I tried going to several stores but all they have are the really short socks so being able to find these on Amazon was great.

Metz MZ 44312OPL 44 AF-1 4/3rds TTL Flash Mode for Digital Olympus/Pana/Leica Cameras
Price: $223.00
5 used & new from $175.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you a better photographer, August 14, 2013
Pictures taken of people with the flash pointing at their face don't look that good. Also, recycle times on built-in flashes are slow as you're dependent on a little battery. Before I got this flash, I tried to shoot without using the built-in flash on my G3 and even bought a very fast lens to make that easier. But there are lighting conditions that demand the added illumination of a flash. But the best way to use a flash is to have the light bounce off the ceiling. The pictures using bounce look a lot better than when the flash is aimed directly at your subject. So having this flash has allowed me to take much better shots of people, in particular my grandson, than before. Using a flash with babies is also important because they're always moving so the flash allows you to freeze their adorable little face and get the shots that otherwise would be blurry. Assuming you want to take shots vertically as well as horizontally, then you need a flash where the head moves both ways, as this one does, as opposed to the cheaper ones that don't.

I haven't tried all the bells and whistles yet. I turn it on when it's needed, lift the head to bounce and get much improved shots. Got what I paid for. I still have the first set of batteries I put in, and the recycle time is starting to slow. Those were standard batteries. All my old rechargeable ones had died but I ordered some eneloops and I know those will hold their charge and recharge quickly and often before wearing out.

I've been warned that because the base is plastic I have to be gentle with it as it could break so I'm being gentle.

I still like my little 10x point and shoot as it's so portable and I've gotten great shots with it. (I just got a pop up shield so I can now see what I'm focusing on when it's bright outside.) Moving up to the 4/3rds has meant buying lenses and now a flash. If you want my opinion, if you do take pictures of family, etc indoors, I'd buy this flash before the lenses. Point and shoots actually work pretty well when there's a lot of light but my G3, when paired with this flash, allows me to take rapid fire pictures indoors that were just impossible with the point and shoot.

Delkin Devices DU3.0-M Universal Pop-Up Shade for 3.0-Inch LCD Screens
Delkin Devices DU3.0-M Universal Pop-Up Shade for 3.0-Inch LCD Screens
Price: $5.50
8 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Measure diagonally, August 14, 2013
I just got my Pop Up Saver so can't say how long it will last but I can say that after attaching it to my camera and going into bright sunshine, with the help of sunglasses, I could see the screen to take pictures where before I couldn't, so it does the job. I made sure to have the sun at my back so that I got the most glare and I was able to see what I was shooting and focus.

This was my second Pop Up Shield. The first one I ordered was the wrong size as I measured my screen horizontally and the measurement should be diagonally. I read a lot of reviews and nobody mentions this nor does the product description so be warned: to select the right size, measure your camera screen on the diagonal.

(Props to Amazon because when I ordered the correct size and wanted to exchange the smaller one they said I didn't have to send it back. Obviously the profit margin on these is slim, but still I really appreciated the courtesy.)

I have not yet tried to pop the screen off as others have warned that the little tabs that hold it in place are delicate and I'm going to Europe in 5 weeks and don't want to have it break while I'm away. I tried to take it off gently and when it turned out I'd have to use some force, I gave up. With the shield on, you can't see when taking pictures holding the camera too much below eye level so if you want to be surreptitious, taking shots of people so that they don't know you're shooting as you're not holding the camera up, you'd really just be guessing as you can't see the screen. That's why it would be nice if the screen popped on and off easily, and so why I'm only giving the shade 4 stars. But given the choice of having to take lots of pictures because the sun created too much glare to see the screen and having to guess only those rare times when you didn't want to hold the camera up, having the shield on wins out.

The shield does make the camera a little thicker but since it makes it a lot more useful, I don't mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3