Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Kenneth A. Berkun > Reviews

Browse

Kenneth A. Berkun's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kenneth A. Berkun "dirk" RSS Feed (kailua, hi usa)

Page: 1 | 2
DecoBros Wall Mount Paper Towel Holder, Chrome
DecoBros Wall Mount Paper Towel Holder, Chrome
Offered by DecoBros Direct
Price: $9.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks fine, but doesn't really help you only pull one ..., August 11, 2015
Looks fine, but doesn't really help you only pull one sheet at a time. It's still a two-handed operation. My hunt for the perfect paper towel holder continues.

eLink Pro Chair Mount Ergonomic Keyboard / Laptop Tray System Plus Chair Mount Armrest/Mouse Tray _ Walnut
Offered by HL United
Price: $129.99
4 used & new from $95.73

3.0 out of 5 stars It's more like a 3, July 21, 2015
It's more like a 3.5. I do like it, but it could have been so much better. I've been using this for about a month; I was unsure at first, but it's a keeper. I had to hack it a bit to make it work for me.

Issues:
1. The keyboard mount is wobbly. This is not fixable. They should have made a sturdier rod to hold the keyboard tray. There is too much give. If you are writing a novel this is probably not the tray for you. It wiggles.
2. The tray itself did not mount securely to the arm. I bought a wingnut and substituted it for the plastic disk they used and now it holds much better and it easy to tighten if it works loose (which it does).
3. The velcro to hold the mouse tray is too short. I bought some heavy duty velcro strips (not sticky back!) and extended the length of these strips and now it holds just fine. It also allowed me to move the tray forward to make it more comfortable for my particular reach.
4. I didn't like the gel pad in front of the mouse tray, so I popped it off. I stuck some paper on the leftover glue to cover it up.
5. If you swing around in your chair too fast the mouse goes flying. I bought a sturdier mouse. (really!)
6. You need a keyboard that doesn't have a big wrist rest. Mine does and it kind of makes the keyboard too big. Choose carefully.

Pros:
1. You feel like Captain Kirk. It is deliciously nerdy.
2. The wife hates it. (that's pro?)
3. It really works. I have multiple monitors and now I just slide the chair and keyboard and mouse line right up with the monitor I'm using. This is great.
4. I have a glass desk and the built in keyboard tray was simply too small (bad design, cheap desk), so I needed a keyboard tray and there just aren't many choices. The last one I bought had clamps that didn't go small enough to hold onto the desk reliably, so this is a real solution if you have a desk with no room for a keyboard tray.

With a few tweaks this could have been a 4 or even a 5. As it is, I find it usable and will keep it, but I can't help wishing for better, especially at this price.

Essential Medical Supply Shower Bench with Arms and Back
Essential Medical Supply Shower Bench with Arms and Back
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $47.18

5.0 out of 5 stars I am pleased as punch, December 5, 2014
I am pleased as punch. Makes getting in and out of the shower much easier with my busted leg. It was a little daunting to open the box and see all the pieces, but in fact it went together easily, even with my leg in a cast. There are only 8 or 9 screws and the rest just slides together. Seems solid enough, but for that only time will tell.

VICTORIO VKP1010 Apple and Potato Peeler, Suction Base
VICTORIO VKP1010 Apple and Potato Peeler, Suction Base
Price: $16.87
16 used & new from $14.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Decidedly Inferior, January 12, 2014
This is not the corer/peeler that you are looking for.

I finally had to replace a similar peeler/corer that had lasted me a good 20 years or more. I picked this one because it looks about the same and cost about the same. But I didn't look close enough, it is not the same unit. With my old one in the landfill I don't know how I'm going to find the right one, because this one does not cut the mustard, heck it barely cuts the apple. The coring mechanism is wimpy but mostly the peeler doesn't align well. It either skips the peel or digs too deeply and gouges the apple.

Keep shopping around, there are better units out there. I hope.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 10:05 AM PST

Wormhole Switches for Mac / Windows / iPad JUC400
Wormhole Switches for Mac / Windows / iPad JUC400
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $34.99
15 used & new from $23.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Love/Hate Relationship, May 29, 2013
This product is crap. It is flaky, unreliable and crashes on a regular basis.

I adore it and couldn't live without it.

I had to struggle for the rating - when it works it's a 5 when it flakes out it's a 1.

It is rather frustrating. When it is working it is like magic. I use it between a PC and Mac. I can cut and paste, drag and drop, move the mouse (almost) seamlessly between the two devices and so on - just like it is supposed to. BUT - the Macintosh application crashes several times a day (it is quick enough to reopen, but please...) Mousewheel scrolling on the Mac stops about once every other day, and is restarted by restarting the PC app, go figure.

Occasionally it gets confused and loses the mouse pointer entirely. Often there is a delay in moving the mouse between machines. BUT mostly is works and as a developer working on both machines it is fantastic to treat them as one big work space. I had several go 'rounds with tech support and they were very nice but didn't resolve anything.

If you have patience you can learn it's quirks and learn to live with them it is a wonderful tool.

If you are easily annoyed, I'd stay away.

If you can put up with the flaky behavior enjoy the magic!

LINKYO Compatible Replacement for Brother TN450 TN420 High Yield Toner Cartridge (Black, 2-Pack)
Offered by Motion Trend
Price: $27.95

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm, unsure, May 29, 2013
I got some streaking and less than solid black areas sooner than I would expect. Of course I didn't count pages, but I'm sure I got nowhere near the 2,000 or so I'm supposed to get. I have two and we'll see how the second one does, but I'm going to try a different brand next.

Incredisonic IFM-500 Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car Kit With Goosneck GPS Vehicle Mount Combo, for iPhone 6 5s, 4, 4S, Ipod Touch All Versions, Samsung Galaxy S5, S3, & S4, & All other PDA Phones

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, May 12, 2013
Works like a champ. One thing I especially appreciate is that it has plenty of buttons. Rather than forcing you to use a single button for all functions (press button for 5 seconds while swinging a dead cat over your left shoulder to initiate bluetooth pairing), this sucker has a bunch of them and it is pretty obvious how to use them. My only complaint is a nit, it prefers landscape mode and in the car I prefer portrait, but a little twisting around and all is fine.

I've been through several other car adapters and so far this is the best.

Just be aware that you need your own USB power cable, since this is a more or less universal mount they don't supply a cable.

Rare Earths
Rare Earths
by Burt Webb
Price: $17.85
12 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This does not suck., September 22, 2012
This review is from: Rare Earths (Paperback)
I stayed up 'till two in the morning to finish it. Full disclosure, I'm a friend of Mr. Webb and I don't normally read thrillers, but I dug this one.

New Trent: iTorch 5200mAh Ultra Portable USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones and more (w/built-in laser + flashlight)
Offered by Gasconi
Price: $54.99
5 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...but, October 20, 2011
I think I can barely rate this 4. The cord arrangements are kind of baroque with a lot of pieces that you need to unplug and re-plug in funny ways to move from charging to use and vice versa. I've had this for 2 years and the battery capacity has now run down to well less than an hour. One can argue that 2 years is pretty good for a battery, so that's why I'm giving this a 4 not a 3. But I like it enough to buy one of the new models that recharge from the Apple standard chargers (USB), which is a much more sensible design.

Photo Fun 72-34110 3 Voice Recording Photo Postcards Customize Audio Sound
Photo Fun 72-34110 3 Voice Recording Photo Postcards Customize Audio Sound
Offered by Best Value 4 You, LLC
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Sound Quality, August 30, 2011
I was very disappointed in the sound quality. I was expecting something similar to the Hallmark recordable cards. But these were far worse. The sound was worse than tinny, it was muddled, faint, staticky and just plain poor.

Page: 1 | 2