ARRAY(0x9a9db30c)

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kenneth A. Berkun "dirk" RSS Feed (kailua, hi usa)

Victorio VKP1010 Apple and Potato Peeler, Suction Base
Victorio VKP1010 Apple and Potato Peeler, Suction Base
Price: $19.20
15 used & new from $17.11

2.0 out of 5 stars Decidedly Inferior, January 12, 2014
This is not the corer/peeler that you are looking for.

I finally had to replace a similar peeler/corer that had lasted me a good 20 years or more. I picked this one because it looks about the same and cost about the same. But I didn't look close enough, it is not the same unit. With my old one in the landfill I don't know how I'm going to find the right one, because this one does not cut the mustard, heck it barely cuts the apple. The coring mechanism is wimpy but mostly the peeler doesn't align well. It either skips the peel or digs too deeply and gouges the apple.

Keep shopping around, there are better units out there. I hope.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 10:05 AM PST

J5 Create JUC400 Wormhole Switch for Mac/iPad/Windows
J5 Create JUC400 Wormhole Switch for Mac/iPad/Windows
Offered by EasternDigital
Price: $39.95
47 used & new from $25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Love/Hate Relationship, May 29, 2013
This product is crap. It is flaky, unreliable and crashes on a regular basis.

I adore it and couldn't live without it.

I had to struggle for the rating - when it works it's a 5 when it flakes out it's a 1.

It is rather frustrating. When it is working it is like magic. I use it between a PC and Mac. I can cut and paste, drag and drop, move the mouse (almost) seamlessly between the two devices and so on - just like it is supposed to. BUT - the Macintosh application crashes several times a day (it is quick enough to reopen, but please...) Mousewheel scrolling on the Mac stops about once every other day, and is restarted by restarting the PC app, go figure.

Occasionally it gets confused and loses the mouse pointer entirely. Often there is a delay in moving the mouse between machines. BUT mostly is works and as a developer working on both machines it is fantastic to treat them as one big work space. I had several go 'rounds with tech support and they were very nice but didn't resolve anything.

If you have patience you can learn it's quirks and learn to live with them it is a wonderful tool.

If you are easily annoyed, I'd stay away.

If you can put up with the flaky behavior enjoy the magic!

LINKYO® Compatible 2 Pack Brother TN450 Black Toner Cartridge for Brother HL2240, HL2250DN, HL2270DW, DCP7060D, MFC7240, MFC7460DN, MFC7860DW; Intellifax 2840, 2940
Offered by MymorExpress
Price: $39.98
2 used & new from $39.98

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm, unsure, May 29, 2013
I got some streaking and less than solid black areas sooner than I would expect. Of course I didn't count pages, but I'm sure I got nowhere near the 2,000 or so I'm supposed to get. I have two and we'll see how the second one does, but I'm going to try a different brand next.

Incredisonic IFM-500 Bluetooth FM Transmitter Hand-Free Car Kit With Goosneck GPS Vehicle Mount Combo, for Iphone 5 4 4S 3GS, Ipod Touch All Versions, Samsung Galaxy Nexus S2, & S3, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, Motorola Razr & Bionic, & All other Android & Windows PDA phones, SIRI Compatible

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, May 12, 2013
Works like a champ. One thing I especially appreciate is that it has plenty of buttons. Rather than forcing you to use a single button for all functions (press button for 5 seconds while swinging a dead cat over your left shoulder to initiate bluetooth pairing), this sucker has a bunch of them and it is pretty obvious how to use them. My only complaint is a nit, it prefers landscape mode and in the car I prefer portrait, but a little twisting around and all is fine.

I've been through several other car adapters and so far this is the best.

Just be aware that you need your own USB power cable, since this is a more or less universal mount they don't supply a cable.

Rare Earths
Rare Earths
by Burt Webb
Price: $17.96
13 used & new from $14.25

5.0 out of 5 stars This does not suck., September 22, 2012
This review is from: Rare Earths (Paperback)
I stayed up 'till two in the morning to finish it. Full disclosure, I'm a friend of Mr. Webb and I don't normally read thrillers, but I dug this one.

New Trent: iTorch 5200mAh Ultra Portable USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones and more (w/built-in laser + flashlight)
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $27.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good...but, October 20, 2011
I think I can barely rate this 4. The cord arrangements are kind of baroque with a lot of pieces that you need to unplug and re-plug in funny ways to move from charging to use and vice versa. I've had this for 2 years and the battery capacity has now run down to well less than an hour. One can argue that 2 years is pretty good for a battery, so that's why I'm giving this a 4 not a 3. But I like it enough to buy one of the new models that recharge from the Apple standard chargers (USB), which is a much more sensible design.

Photo Fun 72-34110 3 Voice Recording Photo Postcards Customize Audio Sound
Photo Fun 72-34110 3 Voice Recording Photo Postcards Customize Audio Sound

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Sound Quality, August 30, 2011
I was very disappointed in the sound quality. I was expecting something similar to the Hallmark recordable cards. But these were far worse. The sound was worse than tinny, it was muddled, faint, staticky and just plain poor.

Field Guide to Cookies: How to Identify and Bake Virtually Every Cookie Imaginable
by Anita Chu
Price: $11.44
123 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, June 1, 2010
Sadly, this is is a wholly unusable book. It is poorly indexed. The pictures are not with the recipes - they are in a separate section. The pictures are numbered by recipe not by page number so you have to go back to the index to find the page number after looking at picture. (Sounds confusing? It is.) And forget about finding a picture after locating the recipe first!

Bound as it is it does not lie flat. And the pages are too small to slip under things to hold them open.

The recipes that we have made are fine, but the book is just to awkward to be practical.

Stick with Betty Crocker.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2012 12:27 AM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not last and other problems, April 11, 2010
I tried hard to like this dog pack. I love the name! It looks good on the dog. The dog is happy with it. But right from the beginning it would not stay centered on the dog, even when the straps were pulled very tight. Then the stitching tore on the center handle. Once I lost a water bottle out of one pouch and assumed that I had failed to zip it shut. But a couple of weeks later I lost another water bottle and I know darn well I had zipped it shut. So it was unzipping itself. That's pretty much unacceptable. Finally, after just 4 months of 2 or 3 times a week usage the main straps themselves frayed and the buckles fell off, rendering it useless.

I have purchased another considerably more expensive pack from a different company and the difference is remarkable. This seems to be a case of you get what you pay for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 12:57 PM PST