Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Jeff T. Muller > Reviews

Browse

Jeff T. Muller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff T. Muller RSS Feed (Grand Rapids, MI)

Summary of The 4-Hour Work Week: By Timothy Ferris | Includes Analysis
Summary of The 4-Hour Work Week: By Timothy Ferris | Includes Analysis
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't learn anything new here, November 26, 2015
Here's my summary of this book summary: Do what you love...focus on your strengths....Eliminate. Delegate. Outsource everything else.
Save your money.

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
by Francis Chan
Price: $9.59
460 used & new from $0.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 9, 2014
I love HEARING Francis Chan speak, but READING this book was a dry and boring exercise. Really lacked substance…The Spirit is fascinating, experiential…unfortunately this book was not.

PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
Price: $34.97
52 used & new from $21.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, March 25, 2013
At first it seemed that our neighbor's dog's barking subsided...but after a few weeks we noticed no difference. I even placed it on our property line closer to the dog. My wife ended up smashing it in frustration because the dog continued to bark incessantly.

Made in Italy
Made in Italy
by David Rocco
Price: $25.93
57 used & new from $5.64

2.0 out of 5 stars More of a Glamour Piece than a Cookbook, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Made in Italy (Hardcover)
I own over 50 cookbooks and would have to put this at the bottom for the following reasons:
1) Nothing new as far as recipes go.
2) I like his simple style but most of the recipes are lacking, contain a strange combination or an off-puting ingredient. I kept asking myself "Why would I ever make this?"
3) Too many glamour shots of David. OK, maybe I'm a little jealous that I don't get to live his perfect life, but why are there so many staged shots of him on the beach, in a Florentine piazza, or riding a scooter in Amalfi?

The Big Book of Marketing
The Big Book of Marketing
by Anthony G. Bennett
Price: $25.38
63 used & new from $0.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Title should read "The Big TEXTBOOK of Marketing", December 30, 2010
The title sounds compelling and the premise is plausible, but the layout and format reminded me of marketing textbooks I read back in college...pure drudgery.

Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges
Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges
by Joyce Meyer
Price: $10.17
138 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars No Meat...just a lot of fluff, December 30, 2010
I decided to read this book because of the title, but I quickly realized there weren't any new insights here, just principles and stories that I've heard before (i.e. Did you know that it took Thomas Edison 999 tries before he successfully invented the lightbulb, Did you know Abraham Lincoln lost 12 elections before he became president, SO DON'T GIVE UP!!!) . One of the marks of a good book is how much underlining takes place...I don't think there was one sentence I underlined.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2013 3:54 PM PDT

Canon 2923B002 LiDE100 Color Image Scanner
Canon 2923B002 LiDE100 Color Image Scanner
17 used & new from $40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 6 months, October 25, 2009
I bought this scanner because of the great ratings, however, mine stopped working after 6 months.

The Beautiful Fight: Surrendering to the Transforming Presence of God Every Day of Your Life
by Gary Thomas
73 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do publishers do this to us?, January 2, 2009
I haven't read the other reviews, but I know that I'm a dissenter on this one. I'm a very busy guy struggling to live the Christian life. After hearing Mr. Thomas interviewed on Moody and considering the title, I thought this would be a good read. However I was greatly disappointed.

There were no new insights...just musings...endless musings. No "a-ha" moments...or fresh perspectives that I could take and apply to my own life. I was completely bored. The only thing that kept me going was my process of pulling out the top ten key points from every book I read.

I gave it one last chance tonight and read all the chapter summaries hoping to come away with some new insights (and hoping to complete my top ten list). Again, nothing...Maybe it's just me, but I'm a voracious reader and rarely give a bad review.

Two wonderful books that I WOULD recommend in this genre: God Built by Steve Ferrar and Change Your Heart, Change Your Life by Gary Smalley. They both address the struggle men face trying to live out the Christian life.

Uniden DXAI5188-2 5.8 GHz Analog Cordless Phone with Dual Handsets, Digital Answering System, and Caller ID (Silver/Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Choice, January 12, 2005
I purchased this phone based on Consumer's Reports "Best Buy" Rating. Static has not been much of a problem. It was easy to set up and program. Only disappointment-- it does not have a speaker phone function.