Profile for a reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

a reader RSS Feed (Birmingham, AL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hape - Happy Family Doll House - Furniture - Family Pets
Hape - Happy Family Doll House - Furniture - Family Pets
Price: $14.81
20 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute set, February 15, 2013
My daughter had the Hape dollhouse which we love and has been wanting this pet set for awhile. Is a very cute set complete with bowls and food, and their own little house. Well loved and durable toy.

Pong Rugged Case for iPhone 4 and 4S -Black
Pong Rugged Case for iPhone 4 and 4S -Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Love, but screen protector could be better, February 15, 2013
It seems to do its job, but this is one of those things that you have to believe. I ordered one each for my husband and I and his was a harder casing, mine more rubber like the photo. From a protection stand point, it's great. And it has a trimmer design than the otter box. The only complaint is the screen protector is just a sticky piece of film that may keep from scratching, but not full protection. I am overall happy with the product.

Belly Band Color: Nude, Size: Medium / Large
Belly Band Color: Nude, Size: Medium / Large
Offered by Belly Armor by RadiaShield
Price: $59.00
4 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, February 15, 2013
Cell phone test worked, well, I had full bars then when I peeked at it I saw it go from 1-2, so it appears to work as described. I love it for keeping my belly covered too as maternity tops do not seem to be long enough and my belly likes to peek. Someone commented that it runs small, I did not find this at all. I had also planned to use as a belly band and wish I had not gone up a size as it fits comfortably but def does not help keep the pants up!

Hot Wings Space Shuttle
Hot Wings Space Shuttle
Offered by Airspeed Junkie
Price: $6.22
17 used & new from $2.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wings Space Shuttle (Toy)
My son loves this space shuttle. I wish the wheels were a little more durable. But otherwise the quality is great! We have several from this company and all look very nice and hold up well.

Gone Fishing Game
Gone Fishing Game
Offered by Toy Supercenter
Price: $12.00
20 used & new from $6.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Gone Fishing Game (Toy)
I remember playing a game like this as a child. However, this one is very poorly made. The tips on the pole easily come off and after 2 uses one of the tips broke off completely leaving us with one pole. I emailed the company and received no response. Very disappointed. I did give a 2 star because we have used our fingers or took turns with the 1 pole for 30 seconds each.

Annie's Homegrown Fruity Bunnies Cereal, 9.0-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Annie's Homegrown Fruity Bunnies Cereal, 9.0-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy bunnies!, August 17, 2009
This cereal is great! It's all natural, so I feel good about giving these to my daughter. Much better than the artificial junk in Fruit Loops. The flavor is really good. The color of the cereal is not as vibrant as the box portrays, but it is all natural colors, so I guess you can expect that. My daughter loves this cereal. It's also a great dry snack. She often has it dry in a snack cup on the way to pre-school. It still has a little more sugar in it than I'd like, but at least it's real sugar! It's a little expensive for such a small box.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome and effective!, July 29, 2008
This stuff is GREAT!! After the recent report on most sunscreens failing to work, I consulted the EWG's list of what they considered to be the safer and most effective of the sunscreens. TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen lotion and TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Water Resistant Face Stick were both on the list, so I ordered some from Amazon for our beach trip.

The bottles are small I will say, however, compared to California Baby, it's less expensive. The product has a nice citrus scent, it goes on smooth and does not feel greasy. It also does not leave a white mess. And most importantly, we did not get burned! We kept reapplying it about every 90 minutes or so, and everyone on our trip got burnt except us! They were using Bull Frog mainly and they were reapplying, too.

My 2 year old loved to use the stick on all our faces. She thought it was fun, so it was not a battle to get sunscreen on her.

Another bonus, the customer service and shipping were great! I ordered from Amazon.com and the shipment arrived in about 4 days. I emailed to check the status, but about an hour later it arrived, so I emailed back to say never mind it had arrived, but they still responded! They are also working with Whole Foods to try and get the product on the shelves there. I hope they do!

Both the TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen lotion and TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Water Resistant Face Stick are fantastic products and I highly recommend them. We will definitely be loyal customers!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome and effective product, July 29, 2008
This stuff is GREAT!! After the recent report on most sunscreens failing to work, I consulted the EWG's (ewg.org) list of what they considered to be the safer and most effective of the sunscreens. TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen lotion and TruKid Sunny Days SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Water Resistant Face Stick were both on the list, so I ordered some from Amazon for our beach trip.

The bottles are small I will say, however, compared to California Baby, it's less expensive. The product has a nice citrus scent, it goes on smooth and does not feel greasy. It also does not leave a white mess like other lotions. And most importantly, we did not get burned! I admit, I got a little pink one day, but that was my own fault for not reapplying soon enough, and I am very pasty white right now! But we kept reapplying it about every 90 minutes or so, and everyone on our trip got burnt except us! They were using Bull Frog mainly and they were reapplying, too.

Another bonus, the customer service and shipping were great! I ordered from Amazon.com (shipped from TruKid directly) and the shipment arrived in about 4 days. I emailed to check the status, but about an hour later it arrived, so I emailed back to say never mind it had arrived, but they still responded! They are also working with Whole Foods to try and get the product on the shelves there. I hope they do!

Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope
Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope
by Jenna Bush
413 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great story that needs to be told, January 6, 2008
Ms. Bush did a great job of telling Ana's story. One thing that needs to be remembered is this book is written for middle school and up so it is not a graphic book. It does talk about her abuse, but does not go into great detail. It was still eye opening even for an adult. It is awful that so many children live Ana's life everyday.

It's also very dissappointing that some people are giving this book low marks because she is President Bush's daughter -- WHO CARES? This book brings to light some very important issues. And kudos to Ms. Bush for doing so.

Ana, who was infected with HIV at birth, lost her mother at a very young age to AIDS. Her father send her and her sister Isabel to live with his mother because she had a little more money and could better provide for the girls. However, the grandmother's boyfriend sexually abused them. Her grandmother began physically abusing her. Then her father died of AIDS. She bounces from a few homes and is seperated from her sister, finally she is placed in a detention center where at least she was free from abuse. I cannot imagine what this poor girl has gone through. It's frustrating that 1. these children have to suffer through this and 2 that there are monsters who abuse children. It's certainly an eye opener that this is a very real thing and everyone needs to do what they can on some level. Ana did not deserve to have her innocence ripped away, no child does. That is what Jenna is showing in this book. (and shame on those who are making this a political platform.)

The end of the book also gives some great ways to get involved in the community and even goes as far as to break it down by how much time you have to give.

Gund Sweet Pink Dolly
Gund Sweet Pink Dolly
Offered by Wise Owl Toys and Games
Price: $14.79
2 used & new from $14.79

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect dolly for a baby/toddler, October 12, 2007
This review is from: Gund Sweet Pink Dolly (Toy)
My daughter has slept with Dolly since she was 7 months old. Now at 16 months, she "cares" for Dolly -- shares her snacks, sippy, paci. She will make Dolly clap, fix her hair, etc. Dolly get loads of hugs and kisses. Dolly has become her security blanket and snuggles with her when she sleeps. At bed time, she kisses Dolly and puts her in the crib before she nurses. When I put her to bed, she grabs Dolly. When she wakes up, Dolly is the first thing she looks for. We do not leave home without her.

Dolly has been through the wash several times, and has held up wonderfully! Her dress has some pilling from washing, but I guess you gotta expect that, but she is perfect otherwise. We have bought a back up Dolly, as we would be in big trouble if we ever lost Dolly. In fact, she had back up Dolly when I was washing the original and she had a fit when she saw me put Dolly in the washer, so she carried around both.

Dolly also is all fabric and very soft (as are all Baby Gunds) so is the perfect first doll for any little girl. No hard plastic features. And Dolly is very cute too. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3