Profile for Alkemyst > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alkemyst RSS Feed (Alkemyst's Lair)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, Include Low-profile Bracket
Price: Click here to see our price
92 used & new from $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to play with antenna angles for max speed, but excellent!, July 23, 2014
I replaced my Cisco/Linksys WMP600N with this and went from 17Mbps average / 40Mbps Max to a minimum of 40Mbps and averaging 50-60Mbps and hit 80+Mbps quite a bit.

If I put all the antennas directly vertically, I only get about have the speeds. I tilted one at the middle notch and left one vertical...the other one (the middle antenna) I put between them both.

My wireless AP is a Cisco C819 so pretty high level, it's antennas are all vertical. Technically my client's antennas should be parallel too, but it's not working based on textbook answers.

It's working Åwesome though and that's all that matters to me.

Suncast NLT205M 225-Foot Capcacity Slide Trak Hosemobile Pro Hose Reel Cart with Aluminum In-Out Tube
Price: $77.01
5 used & new from $65.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, make it be able to swap the inlet from the left to right!, July 23, 2014
Well made, wish there was an option to swap inlet from left to right.

50 Pack Maxell LR41 AG3 192 button cell battery "NEW HOLOGRAM PACKAGE "
50 Pack Maxell LR41 AG3 192 button cell battery "NEW HOLOGRAM PACKAGE "
Offered by The Perfect Deals
Price: $11.91
5 used & new from $11.90

4.0 out of 5 stars A few of the batteries were duds, but this is still an Åwesome value!, July 23, 2014
Some of the batteries didn't last, but over all many did work as well as the ones I paid a ton for just one of them or a two pack. I can live with a few duds at this price.

Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band (WMP600N)
Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band (WMP600N)
Price: $41.83
77 used & new from $16.35

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd avoid this card if you run Windows 7 or later (64 bit, perhaps 32 bit as well), July 23, 2014
I'd avoid this for any Windows 7/8/8.1 64-bit install.

I loved this card when I got it. Totally reliable and speeds as good as my wired connection in practice. However; when I went from Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit and later Windows 8/8.1 64 bit my speeds that I was getting even on low end laptops were surpassing it.

I am a Cisco CCNP in Route and Switch and have a CCNA in Wireless, so I'd say I am on the highly proficient side of getting these things up and running well.

Anyway I gave up and purchased a TL-Link TL-WDN4800 / 900N a few weeks ago (and then another when I found out Amazon shipped my card in the same box my kid's pillows came in and he threw the box away ;)). I didn't have experience with TL-Link and to be honest they wouldn't have been my selection except that this card was #1 in the category.

I have to say I agree! my best speeds were 40Mbps and during the day I swapped cards I was only getting 17Mbps with the Cisco card. I have seen averages in the 50-60Mbps range and the same time I was only getting 17Mbps with the Cisco card I saw 86Mbps with the TL-Link! The real issue was sometimes the old card would drop to 5-6Mpbs, it has to be some driver issue or hardware incompatibility. I have not seen speeds lower than 40Mbps with the TL-Link card.

The new card I have is PCI-E so if you only have PCI then that is a factor. I cannot comment on what PCI card is better right now.

Juicy Couture Couture Couture Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 3.4 Fluid Ounce
Juicy Couture Couture Couture Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 3.4 Fluid Ounce
Offered by discount perfume
Price: $37.38
23 used & new from $32.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Sam's Club for giving my fiancee the wrong bottle., June 2, 2014
First, my fiancee always smells nice. I am a big fragrance guy myself even up to Creed levels. I like them to be non-overpowering and applicable to the situation. For me, I love Swiss Army Classic, another totally random find. I used to be a Dior Fahrenheit guy, but since the refresh it wasn't good. In my last order of it, I got a sample for the Swiss Army and been with it 2 years now.

She likes Viva La Juicy...I didn't care for it. I bought her Victoria Secret Angels since I liked that one better, but it wasn't really the best.

I don't ever want to tell my partner she should smell like another I was with in the past.

We went to Sam's and she wanted to buy a different Juicy Couture fragrance to try. I didn't like it (nor Sam's) but I am glad those idiots messed her order up.

This has been the best fragrance I have experienced with her.

Its light, and inviting. I love holding her close, It's not expensive so a great daily spray.

Å

Biosilk Silk Therapy Hair Treatment, 34 Ounce
Biosilk Silk Therapy Hair Treatment, 34 Ounce
Offered by Pro Concepts
Price: $85.00
6 used & new from $84.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal out there!, April 5, 2014
My fiancee loves this. She has very long hair and this keeps it looking healthy and vibrant even in her 40's (don't tell her I said that!).

I'd like to add that I purchased this August 2013 and the price was $53.99 through Empire Shop here on Amazon. Sadly they don't have anymore. Even at the current price it's a great deal compared to the store. She's only half way through the bottle so far. She stands about 5'7" and her hair goes past her waistline to almost the bottom of her 'cheeks' :)

People have told her there are people out there that would kill for her hair, ask her for what she does, what products she uses, etc.

Bosch H352 / 3397011430 Rear Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Blade - 14" (Pack of 1)
Price: $16.60
3 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfect on my 2010 Mazda 3, April 5, 2014
just like OEM, but much much cheaper than the dealership!

Go AMAZON!

My Mazda is like wagging it's little tail with these.

Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Heavy-Duty, Powder Free, Large, Box/100
Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Heavy-Duty, Powder Free, Large, Box/100
Offered by Treasure Zone
Price: $8.00
29 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is still high, April 5, 2014
I am not sure of others saying these have gotten too thin and break easy. They are strong enough for most tasks that don't require a cloth or leather glove.

If you are an allergy sufferer to Latex, these work great.

Dramm 12353 Heavy-Duty Brass Shut-Off Valve
Dramm 12353 Heavy-Duty Brass Shut-Off Valve
Price: $18.75
16 used & new from $13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shut-off valve., April 5, 2014
I don't know how manufacturers can mess up such a simple thing. I have had those that seized up, leaked, restricted water flow too much...the Dramm valve works awesome, it's my third one I have bought now. I will never switch to something cheaper.

Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Angel Touch Lotion - 3.4 Oz Size
Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Angel Touch Lotion - 3.4 Oz Size
Offered by sweet and low prices
Price: $11.49
6 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Heavenly, this is a good 'purse' sized one., April 5, 2014
More a review for my fiancee, but I buy this stuff. :)

Came with a safety seal still on it and just like the bottle the Mall Store charges much more for.

Great Deal from Amazon. It's a light scent and fits great in a purse and for travel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5