Profile for Maeana K Cragg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maeana K Cragg RSS Feed

Lent at Ephesus
Lent at Ephesus
Price: $14.59
52 used & new from $9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Another beautiful album, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Lent at Ephesus (Audio CD)
If you loved the sisters' last two albums, you will love this one too. The album is all a cappella, so it works perfectly as background to prayer or even as a beautiful lullaby album. My children all love having the sisters sing them to sleep. However, as you listen closer, there is a huge variety of music, from chant, to Palestrina, to my personal favorite, the Benedictines' very own compositions. "Mother of Sorrows" is heart wrenchingly beautiful. Having a Lenten album to listen to is such a blessing for Catholics everywhere, but even if you aren't Catholic, the Sisters' lovely voices will help bring peace to your mind and soul.

CyberChess
CyberChess

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off fine, but then wouldn't allow any moves, January 4, 2013
This review is from: CyberChess (App)
I was happy to download a free chess game, and I liked the way it showed my boys which moves were available. My boys love playing chess with each other, but this would have been perfect for those days when brothers are busy. Unfortunately, after the first five minutes, it didn't allow my son to make a single move. There was no way of winning, or even finishing a game.

Advent at Ephesus
Advent at Ephesus
Price: $11.88
50 used & new from $8.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly beautiful, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Advent at Ephesus (Audio CD)
I just received my copy of Advent at Ephesus today, and it was just as beautiful as I'd expected. There is such a shortage of Advent music. What a joy to have such a lovely variety, from Chant to Polyphony to a piece just recently written. The entire album is a capella, which lends itself to meditative mood, but there is so much joyful anticipation of the Christmas season that it is also just enjoyable to listen to. Although I loved both the familiar and less familiar Advent melodies, my very favorite was the original work by the Benedictines of Mary, "Adjuvabit Eam". It is also nice to know that in buying this CD, you not only get fantastic music, but you support a young, growing order of traditional Catholic sisters. I'm already looking forward to their next album.

SUPER MARIO POOP (POOP FICTION GAMES Book 1)
SUPER MARIO POOP (POOP FICTION GAMES Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very offensive-not for children, September 20, 2012
My 11 year-old son downloaded this e-book by mistake. Thank goodness he didn't read any of it. Some of the humor is just gross, but much of it is truly offensive. Super Mario is typically a video game that appeals more to kids than adults. Any kid capable of looking up "Super Mario" will find this. The cover looks icky, but appealing to pre-teen boy, and nothing in the description would let you know that there is anything R-rated inside. I hope Amazon takes this book out of their library, or at the very least, puts a strong warning on the cover or in the description. I don't want any other children to download a book about their favorite video game character and find this.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells SO good, August 6, 2011
I love this cleaner. I don't mind my boys using it because it is completely non-toxic, but the best thing about it is that it works really well and smells wonderful. I only wish that it wasn't quite so expensive.