Profile for L. Wilson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 382

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Wilson RSS Feed (San Jose CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fresh Balls 5 Oz Tube 2 Pack
Fresh Balls 5 Oz Tube 2 Pack
Offered by Redori
Price: $19.77
18 used & new from $14.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy downstairs, October 22, 2014
This is a reorder because this works. I actually used this a few times and didn't notice anything. Then I skipped it on a warm day and THAT I noticed.

No fuss. No white powder on the floor. Lasts all day.

Sterling Silver Pressed Flower Heart Drop Earrings
Sterling Silver Pressed Flower Heart Drop Earrings
Price: $28.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything's coming up..., October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really beautiful and, because of their size and shape, look really good on a woman of any age. These are fairly small, so they are not for someone who likes huge hoops or gauging.

Keep in mind that I love this as a gift--they are not the kind I would wear. However, I tried one and it is light and comfortable, but they look a whole lot better on my wife.

They are well made and look like they will last a long time.

DII Oeanique Machine Washable 100% Cotton Chenille Pop Corn Luxury Spa Bath Rug, 17 x 24", Stone Blue
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a bath rug? Consider this one., October 9, 2014
Luxury? Not really.

Comfortable? I haven't made up my mind. It is not uncomfortable, but doesn't really massage my feet, either. This is what really made me decide to go for 3 stars instead of 4.

Absorbent? Easy to clean? Quick to dry? More comfortable than some other rugs? Stays in place well? Well constructed? YES to all of these.

The back is not rubberized, but the material still stays in place when you are stepping on to it or standing on it. I got the "stone blue" color and it is really a very attractive color. I got the 17 X 24, but if I were buying it, I would have spent a bit more and got the 21 X 34.

SKLZ Pro Mini Swish Foam Ball
SKLZ Pro Mini Swish Foam Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Bouncing good fun, October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is supposed to be used with "SKLZ Pro Mini Hoops." OK, but I don't have a hoop and this little not-really-a-basketball is really nice.

I got it for my granddaughter and she likes it. I like it, too. It is just the right firm to bounce and yet be easily grabbed. It is light enough that you can use it in the house (as long as there are no lamps, etc., in range). The cover is comfortable and seems very sturdy. It feels like it will last a while. It seems at least as sturdy as other brands, but overall has a better "feel."

Someday, maybe I will get a hoop to go with it.

Confessions of a Self-Help Writer: The Journal of Michael Enzo
Confessions of a Self-Help Writer: The Journal of Michael Enzo
by Benjamin DeHaven
Price: $17.34
43 used & new from $3.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored, October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"Some readers were..." bored.

Sorry, DeHaven, I read the whole book hoping that an actual story would break out. It didn't. I think it may have been because Michael Enzo was not really a very interesting protagonist.

The Snake Oil Wars or Scheherazade Ginsberg Strikes Again
The Snake Oil Wars or Scheherazade Ginsberg Strikes Again
by Parke Godwin
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 years old and still topical, September 27, 2014
I am amazed that this book (and its prequel, Waiting for the Galactic bus) are not still in print--at least in Kindle, if not paper.

Both of these books are satirical science fiction about the extreme religious right wing. They are even more topical now than when they were written. Both are well worth reading. Plus, they are fun to read.

The copy of the book that I got really is like new. How did they manage to keep a book like new for 31 years? And it was delivered promptly. I would definitely buy again from Student.Life.

InterDesign Med Plus Dental Center, Clear
InterDesign Med Plus Dental Center, Clear
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What I need where I need it, September 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, I need to brush my teeth, so where is the toothpaste? OK, I brushed my teeth. Now what do I do with the dripping, soapy, brush? Two of those universal questions that have given rise to a variety of not very good answers.

Well, this answer is one I am willing to give 5 stars to. It is sturdy, it catches the drips, it stands firmly on the counter, it will fit easily into a medicine cabinet, holds any size toothbrush, easily holds up to 8 regular toothbrushes without crowding, holds a couple of regular tubes of toothpaste easily, doesn't tip easily, the plastic is sturdy, matches any decor, and the label comes off easily.

It doesn't have soft pads on the bottom, so you may want to add them, since it is slippery in an enameled metal cabinet (Not a big deal. I am not going to go to the trouble.) On a flat counter, it is fine.

Dude Wipes, Flushable Single Moist Wipes, with Aloe Vera (30 Each)
Dude Wipes, Flushable Single Moist Wipes, with Aloe Vera (30 Each)
Price: $9.96
10 used & new from $5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, wipes for the male of the species?, September 23, 2014
Seriously.

These are really great. I recently went on a long auto trip which included a couple of weeks camping. I used Dude wipes at one time or another on pretty much all parts of my body. They are large, tough, comfortable, and flushable. The single packs let me keep a couple in the car all the time, etc.

Rose Gold: An Easy Rawlins Mystery
Rose Gold: An Easy Rawlins Mystery
by Walter Mosley
Price: $17.58
64 used & new from $12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Mystery in a different time., September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are two reasons that I like the Easy Rawlins mysteries from Walter Mosely:
1. It is a great mystery. At the end, you may not have all the info, but my feeling is always, "Oh, of course, that makes a lot of sense."
2. It places my head in a place and time that is very different from now and from where I grew up. The setting is in the Los Angeles of the 1960's. The times are changing, but (like today), the racism is not just evil, petty, and vicious, it is almost automatic. And, yet, there are both white and black people for whom racism is just a foreign idea.

Easy is able to deal with this (even though it angers him) and get his work done anyway, while he deals with his very complicated family.

Did I mention, it is a fun book to read? It is.

Beautiful You: A Novel
Beautiful You: A Novel
by Chuck Palahniuk
Price: $16.41
57 used & new from $15.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A love story? From Palahniuk?, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Beautiful You: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, if self-love is a love story...

Anyway, this is typical Palahniuk: It is surprising. It is not exactly like any of his stories (Not related, not a sequel, etc.). It is well worth the entertaining read.

And, it actually has some ideas that are well worth thinking about.

The only problem is that having read it once, it is so memorable that I will probably never read it again, although I will hold onto the book for years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20