Profile for Christopher Komuves > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Komuves RSS Feed (Chaplin, CT USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Flamekiss 9.5" Orange Ceramic Coated Nonstick 3-Cup Egg Cooker Pan by Amorè, Innovative & Elegant Design, Nano Ceramic Coating w/ Silver Ion (100% PTFE & PFOA Free)
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $26.06

5.0 out of 5 stars well-made, durable, perfect for making breakfast sandwiches on English muffins, October 21, 2014
I wanted a better way to cook eggs to make breakfast sandwiches on english muffins, and had considered various poachers before I saw this.

I've used it about 10 times so far, and it's perfect. The non-stick works really well and seems to be durable. It's a heavy pan that seems to be very well-built. I found it's best to use a small silicone spatula with it, and it's a bit of a learning curve to flip the eggs properly, but after a couple of times, it was easy. The eggs don't stick to the pan at all, and they come out at a perfect size for an english muffin. A large egg is just large enough to use for this (I break the yoke), and even a super-sized egg will fit. I'd imagine a medium-sized egg would be a bit thin.

I've been using the indentations to cook Canadian bacon and pork roll as well (or could use sausage patties). One unexpected benefit is that if you do that with a greasy food, like pork roll or sausage, the fat is contained within the slot, so the meat actually cooks better and more evenly (and with less burning) than if you had done it in a flat pan.

Another tip as well is that if you like really soft eggs, just cook it slowly. When you cook an egg slowly, it comes out soft and tender (versus tough and brown on the outside if you cook it at high temp).

My favorite use is to first cook some pieces of Canadian bacon, then use X-large eggs (I put a few drops of olive oil in each slot, but it would probably work without it), breaking the yokes, then put some finely grated tarragon, parsley, and chives on top, along with some salt and pepper, and cooke slowly. Then after I turn the egg, I put a piece of cheddar cheese on top, along with the Canadian bacon, let it finish cooking, and then put it on a freshly buttered toasted English muffin. It's so much nicer than when I did that with a flat pan.

Snap-E Mouse Trap-6 Pack
Snap-E Mouse Trap-6 Pack
Offered by Woof! Woof!
Price: $15.00
11 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Traps, Easy to Use, Only Semi-Durable, December 18, 2013
These traps are easy to bait and set and easy to remove the dead mice from without getting your hands too dirty. They hold up OK, but not terrific. Several of mine have broken or are just difficult to set now (and others have disappeared from a shed, apparently being taken away by other animals who thought that the dead mouse was a great meal, and just grabbed the trap with them—I'm tempted to tie a string to them or something to prevent this in future).

Overall, these are great and I will buy them again. I just wish they held up a little better with repeated use.

Phillips Light Touch 1 Cushion Hair Brush
Phillips Light Touch 1 Cushion Hair Brush
Offered by HairProducts
Price: $15.50
7 used & new from $14.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Brush Ever, December 18, 2013
I always have struggled to find a good hair brush that works well AND is durable, and doesn't cost a fortune. This brush is all three, and I love it. It's just the perfect stiffness that it won't pull out snagged hair. I've been using it for a year now, and only a couple bristles have lost their heads, but even they don't scratch like many other brushes do when the heads come off the bristles. At this rate, this brush should last me for several years of daily use before it's time to replace it.

The Original MuckBoots Adult Woody Elite Boot,Mossy Oak Break-Up,11 M US Mens/12 M US Womens
Price: $196.87
12 used & new from $194.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, December 18, 2013
These were a great investment as a hunting boot. They are not quite as super-warm as I was expecting. If you wore these with a regular pair of wool socks at -40 degrees F, your toes would fall off from frostbite. But they ARE warmer than the thinsolate-lined lace-up hunting boots that I was using before this. And it's great that they just slip off when I'm trying to get my hunting gear off after a hunt. Traction is good as well, and they are quite high, so I never get my pants wet while trudging through swampy/muddy areas.

Overall, these are great boots—the best hunting boots I've owned. In a perfect world, I would want them to be a little bit warmer than they are, for when I am sitting in a tree stand and it's 20 degree F outside and I'm wearing a pair of thick wool socks—when I do that, my feet do still wind up getting cold. Maybe if I added a liner layer beneath my socks, it would be enough to keep my feet warm. Once it's above freezing, these boots with just regular wool socks will keep my feet nice and warm.

Yoga Monster Mat 1/4"x72" Extra Thick 17 Colors SGS Approved Non-Toxic PER No Phthalates or Latex by Bean ProductsTM - Glacier Blue
Offered by Bean Products
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Mat, December 18, 2013
Overall, a very good mat. It's a little more slippery than I would like, but not bad. Looks like it might not hold up *quite* as well as some of the more toxic mats, but that's OK. It looks good, has a nice feel, and gives a good amount of cushioning. And, I don't mind planting my face on it and inhaling--it's doesn't reek of synthetic plastic odor like many cheaper mats.

Dial AA Battery Storage Box (B328FN)
Dial AA Battery Storage Box (B328FN)
Offered by Stock Your Home
Price: $4.90
23 used & new from $1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars It works and is decent, December 18, 2013
It's a decently constructed battery case. It's a little difficult to open, but otherwise fine. Works well to keep batteries organized.

Mossy Oak Full Spandex Face Mask (Break-Up, One Size)
Mossy Oak Full Spandex Face Mask (Break-Up, One Size)
Price: $5.73
14 used & new from $5.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too small for an Adult, December 18, 2013
I wound up returning this--I couldn't even get it to fit over my head. It's cheaply made of VERY thin material. I suppose it would be OK for use by a child for camouflage (though not for keeping warm at all).

Diamond Gloves Black Advance Nitrile Examination Powder-Free Gloves, 6.3 mil, Heavy Duty, X-Large, 100 Count
Offered by CLK Medical Supply
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very durable and comfortable., December 18, 2013
Get one size larger than you normally would--I did that (X-large instead of large) and it is a great fit that way. Because these gloves are so thick, they don't stretch as easily as thinner ones--that's the reason for needing the larger size, more than that they are actually smaller than specified.

I often use them 2-3 times before they start to break down and I have to throw them out. Regular thin nitrile gloves require about two pairs of gloves for one use, in contrast, as they tend to split easily. These will be my go-to gloves from now on.

Fenix LD12 Flashlight, Black
Fenix LD12 Flashlight, Black
Offered by Cameta Camera
Price: $47.95
17 used & new from $47.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Flashlight, December 18, 2013
Very well built, flexible use with the multiple brightnesses, energy efficient, and fantastic that it only requires one AA battery (I use a NiMH one, which doesn't last nearly as long as their specs, but that's OK as I can carry a spare around too). There are also lots of neat accessories like the red filter and diffuser.

It's an expensive little thing, but worth it to have one really good and really compact flashlight like this.

VMG For New Apple iPhone 5 [LATEST MODEL] Horizontal Belt Clip Holster Case - Black Leather VELCRO Belt Clip Holster Case w/ Built-In Belt Clip & Dual Secure Belt Loops for New Apple iPhone 5 16GB 32GB 64GB AT&T Sprint Verizon Cell Phone [by VANMOBILEGEAR]
Offered by Ur Fun Shop
Price: $7.86
5 used & new from $6.38

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT LEATHER!!!, December 18, 2013
The case is OK, but it is not made of leather, it is made of vinyl. The finish quality isn't very good, but it fits OK, and looks like it'll hold up for several months of use before it falls apart.

It's a shame, because there are so few cases like this with velcro instead of magnets (which will mess up the compass on an iPhone).

So, it's serviceable, but not great. If the name and description didn't lie about it being leather then it's made of plastic and cloth, I would have given it another star (average). There should be more consequence to sellers actually LYING about the characteristics of their products.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3